Which is more important game - Walsall or Cardiff?

Just now, catdog1121 said:

Cardiff obviously, who gives a rats ass about the league...  although if we cant beat Walsall it will be a telling fact of our predicament.

Absolutely. I can see us putting our current best side out tomorrow. We need the new players to have game time ahead what are a very tricky opening games.

• Like 2

Every game is important we need to instill a winning mentality as soon as possible - if we can go out against Walsall score a few goals, keep a clean sheet and gets some valuable 90 minutes in key players legs then its good news.

If we play a second team with players out of position and get turned over by Walsall a team that finished 43 places below us last season then it will send the wrong signals for the team, the players and the fans that nothing has changed and we continue to be a soft touch.

The cup game is a massive game for us tomorrow.

• Like 7

We

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Every game is important we need to instill a winning mentality as soon as possible - if we can go out against Walsall score a few goals, keep a clean sheet and gets some valuable 90 minutes in key players legs then its good news.

If we play a second team with players out of position and get turned over by Walsall a team that finished 43 places below us last season then it will send the wrong signals for the team, the players and the fans that nothing has changed and we continue to be a soft touch.

I agree, we should play our strongest team, get a good win and build confidence for the League games

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Too right, plus we could earn a few quid with a favourable cup draw, get picked for TV etc.

I think the league cup has a lot of the rounds in September for a team not used to playing together it could give them a chance to get better and used to playing without losing points in the league.

For me we have to take the cup seriously because the games being on tv will also bring in revenue to the club.

• Like 2

Good question. I would say the Cardiff game for obvious reasons but if we were to lose tomorrow then the black cloud over the club would carry on until next week and we can’t afford that so tomorrow is probably more important as it sets the tone.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

If it wasn't for the fact the Walsall game is live on Sky, I wouldn't give a monkeys if we played the u17's tomorrow, but we don't want the embarrassment of losing to a pub league two team on tele. 

So you are fine if we suffer embarrassing losses, as ,long as they are not televised? :ghoulguy:

9 minutes ago, cowl said:

I dare someone to say Walsall (and give a compelling reason).

Its a ridiculous question though and the OP knows that.

League points are more important but why do we have to view it as an either or? We should be going all out to win as many games as we can.

Kick the season off with a defeat to a mid-table League Two side and it wont bode well. Wins breed confidence.