Sack the ‘Recruitment Team’

32 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Allowed to leave?
The man wanted to move on after seven seasons at the club. A large section of the fan base made it clear they wanted him gone too.You can’t stop somebody leaving at the end of a contract if they want to go.

Every club wants strikers. A relegation battle starting on -12 does not put us in a good position.

The good deals are always done late in the transfer window.....believe.

So we offered him a new contract on equal or better terms and he turned it down?

1 hour ago, Tudders said:

So we offered him a new contract on equal or better terms and he turned it down?

Why on earth would the club offer better terms to a 30 year old striker with a scoring record less than 1 goal in 6 games played throughout his career.

Much as I liked the guy as a person and his attitude towards the club his time has gone, he knew it and he’s moved on.

1 hour ago, Blatter said:

Why on earth would the club offer better terms to a 30 year old striker with a scoring record less than 1 goal in 6 games played throughout his career.

Much as I liked the guy as a person and his attitude towards the club his time has gone, he knew it and he’s moved on.

Yes, I agree.

We all like Dave as a person, but players can be at a club too long.

There's nothing wrong in our letting players leave, as long as we bring in others to replace them.

5 hours ago, bolton9owl said:

Since before we started our first game after the ‘lockdown’ we knew that our strike force would be practically none existent come the last game of the 2019/20 campaign. 
We are now over two months down the line and one week away from the start of the new season so I think the supporters deserve to be told why are we as an established Championship club still only got one senior striker on our payroll.

What have our recruitment team been doing for the last 2/3 months because the players we’ve been supposedly been interested in have all failed to sign on at SWFC.

Surely our targets should have been researched to gauge their interests in joining SWFC. 
It was obvious that Leko for instance was always going to opt for another club in the Midlands ahead of other suitors given that he can still stay close to family and friends surely our recruitment team knew that from the offset.
Our recruitment team should have had a long list of strikers/forwards who would be available for the new season and would welcome the opportunity to apply their goal scoring abilities in the Championship.

I appreciate minus 12 points from day one may put a few players off but have we now lost our ability to attract good players to our once great club or are we now regarded as a club that is going nowhere 

Its time people at SWFC stop making feeble excuses and start to get measured on what success they can bring to the club. 

Its an absolute joke that with just over one week to go before the start of the new season we only have Rhodes as a recognized senior striker.

You should hang your heads in shame.

We're brown and we're going down.

:image:

The thing that is ridiculous is that we let four of our five strikers run down their contracts with no apparent plan on how to replace them? Should have had them identified and signed in January, instead of wasting time on da Cruz Windass and whickam.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, DSandersonOWL said:

What is this 'Recruitment Team'?

We know very well what the recruitment process is.

Doyen gives Chansiri a list of names.

Chansiri passes the list on to his son who checks them out on Football Manager.

The son passes the list back to his dad with a few ticks.

That is how we got players from A... to U... 

They were brought in under Bruce.

But those were the days when Doyen gave Paxo and Chansiri names of players looking for a last payday, OH! That's how we got in this mess 😞

• Like 3

Guest mrbluesky
10 hours ago, bolton9owl said:

Since before we started our first game after the ‘lockdown’ we knew that our strike force would be practically none existent come the last game of the 2019/20 campaign. 
We are now over two months down the line and one week away from the start of the new season so I think the supporters deserve to be told why are we as an established Championship club still only got one senior striker on our payroll.

What have our recruitment team been doing for the last 2/3 months because the players we’ve been supposedly been interested in have all failed to sign on at SWFC.

Surely our targets should have been researched to gauge their interests in joining SWFC. 
It was obvious that Leko for instance was always going to opt for another club in the Midlands ahead of other suitors given that he can still stay close to family and friends surely our recruitment team knew that from the offset.
Our recruitment team should have had a long list of strikers/forwards who would be available for the new season and would welcome the opportunity to apply their goal scoring abilities in the Championship.

I appreciate minus 12 points from day one may put a few players off but have we now lost our ability to attract good players to our once great club or are we now regarded as a club that is going nowhere 

Its time people at SWFC stop making feeble excuses and start to get measured on what success they can bring to the club. 

Its an absolute joke that with just over one week to go before the start of the new season we only have Rhodes as a recognized senior striker.

How you going to sack Chansiri and his son?

4 hours ago, Plonk said:

The thing that is ridiculous is that we let four of our five strikers run down their contracts with no apparent plan on how to replace them? Should have had them identified and signed in January, instead of wasting time on da Cruz Windass and whickam.

We had so much kicking off in January onwards that players would never commit to a club under so much absolute mess 

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

With the season ending so late and everything up in the air due to covid alongside waiting on finding out promotion & relagation was always going to make things really difficult. 

For me I'd be looking at the three promoted teams to see what players they upgrade upon and who's then becomes surplus to requirements. 

We need some solid championship performers capable of consistancy over 46 games to get ourselves out of this - 12 mess. 

Recruitment team is actually one of the parts of the club im ok with at the moment.

Lets be honest and look at the below list and it is blatantly obvious why players dont wanna come here:

Club in turmoil in media

Paying peanuts compared to recent years

Starting on -12

Last half season form = relegation.

Garry Monk Management Style and Personality.

Style of play.

All big players leaving.

No chance of pushing for promotion

Slim chance of staying up.

Think the recruitment team have worked miracles to get in what they have to be honest.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Recruitment team is actually one of the parts of the club im ok with at the moment.

Lets be honest and look at the below list and it is blatantly obvious why players dont wanna come here:

Club in turmoil in media

Paying peanuts compared to recent years

Starting on -12

Last half season form = relegation.

Garry Monk Management Style and Personality.

Style of play.

All big players leaving.

No chance of pushing for promotion

Slim chance of staying up.

Think the recruitment team have worked miracles to get in what they have to be honest.

Out of all the ‘out of contract players’ throughout Europe and beyond that are available plus the ever increasing players that good clubs want to ‘loan out’ you seriously believe our recruitment team have worked miracles by encouraging three players to sign for us - just three and none an out and out striker.

Thats laughable and given we currently have only one misfiring senior striker who has forgot that he is supposed to score goals I think it’s diabolical we haven’t done more research and gone out there to talk to potential targets weeks ago.

Bolton was a middle of the road club when Big Sam became their manager, they equally had no money but he got off his backside and traveled the world to meet and encourage good players to join.

A couple of years later they were up in the Premiership, regretfully they didn’t stay long but that’s another story.

Sam’s message was always if you want a player that will improve your team and he is available- go and get them.

How far have our recruitment team travelled ?

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, bolton9owl said:

Out of all the ‘out of contract players’ throughout Europe and beyond that are available plus the ever increasing players that good clubs want to ‘loan out’ you seriously believe our recruitment team have worked miracles by encouraging three players to sign for us - just three and none an out and out striker.

Thats laughable and given we currently have only one misfiring senior striker who has forgot that he is supposed to score goals I think it’s diabolical we haven’t done more research and gone out there to talk to potential targets weeks ago.

Bolton was a middle of the road club when Big Sam became their manager, they equally had no money but he got off his backside and traveled the world to meet and encourage good players to join.

A couple of years later they were up in the Premiership, regretfully they didn’t stay long but that’s another story.

Sam’s message was always if you want a player that will improve your team and he is available- go and get them.

You talk as if we could do more without having an idea of what we have done so far. Unless I'm mistaken and you have inside knowledge of what the team are doing, you like us are just judging on the outcomes. the outcomes may not be what we/they would have hoped for, but do you know the effort going in to trying to achieve them?

So I ask you: 

1) You say: "I think it’s diabolical we haven’t done more research". How much research did we do, how much would have been sufficient in your eyes?

2) You say: "gone out there to talk to potential targets weeks ago" Who have we talked to, when did these talks take part? Who would you have talked to to match your expectations.

3) You say: "How far have our recruitment team travelled?". I don't know, I assume you do as you are using that to make your point. Enlighten us, how far is it and to see whom?

Look forward to your answers, your valuable insider insight be great to full the time post/pre season.  

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, bolton9owl said:

You may have noticed that you don't have to travel to other countries to talk to them face to face...you should try Zoom 😄

• Like 2

16 hours ago, bolton9owl said:

Sack the poster 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

You talk as if we could do more without having an idea of what we have done so far. Unless I'm mistaken and you have inside knowledge of what the team are doing, you like us are just judging on the outcomes. the outcomes may not be what we/they would have hoped for, but do you know the effort going in to trying to achieve them?

So I ask you: 

1) You say: "I think it’s diabolical we haven’t done more research". How much research did we do, how much would have been sufficient in your eyes?

2) You say: "gone out there to talk to potential targets weeks ago" Who have we talked to, when did these talks take part? Who would you have talked to to match your expectations.

3) You say: "How far have our recruitment team travelled?". I don't know, I assume you do as you are using that to make your point. Enlighten us, how far is it and to see whom?

Look forward to your answers, your valuable insider insight be great to full the time post/pre season.  

I must confess Philb 125 would make some very valid comments and your questions are not without thought but you are obviously content with just a handful of new players with just a few days before our season starts in earnest.

i don’t think just 3 new additions to our squad at this stage can be regarded as successful.

Are you telling me that if I was the owner of SWFC and I approached you to go out into Europe and beyond and identify 2-3 strikers you we could afford and who could do a useful job of scoring goals you wouldn’t, after 2-3 months be able to put forward a very positive list of players that would be an asset to the club.

i don’t know you but given the resources I am sure you wouldn’t fail.

• Haha 1