Sack the ‘Recruitment Team’

On 02/09/2020 at 15:55, Dutch McLovin said:

They had Big Sam. We have Garry Monk. 

They are not starting on -12 and have form comparable to the sunday league whipping boys.

Difference.

1) We won't

2) Not gonna happen anyway

3) Only a tiny minority of people say that now anyway - everyone understands the situation

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bolton9owl said:

I only hope Paxo just shares a fag with Chansiri, but I believe he is now a personal friend and confidant.

i had a meeting with the chairman 6 months ago and when questioned he said Paxo wasn’t paid by the club - but it makes you wonder why he is always present.

Why did you have a meeting with him if you don't mind me asking and what was it about?

2 hours ago, Hornsby said:

Me too , mate. But Paxo still with us so what does he do?

According to Chansiri's interview with Dom Howson from a few months back:

He is my personal adviser and part of our recruitment committee. Amadeu is a valuable resource for myself and our club has been in football for a long time, 25 years, and has a lot of experience and many, many contacts.

Of course, my people have told me about some criticism he has received and this is not fair because these things are not true. 

Does he have the authority to bring players to the club? No, he recommends them as part of our recruitment team. Coaches like to talk to Amadeu for his opinions and to draw on his experience, he is a consultant and part of the team at our club. 

Does he make any decisions at the club? No. He is a cog in a very large wheel. Does he have the final say on anything? Of course not.

Normally I do not name individual players and how we recruited them but to be fair to Amadeu, he recommended Fernando, Barry Bannan, Lucas Joao and more recently Dominic Iorfa, who I am sure everyone agrees has the potential to go a long way in football. I can also tell you that if it was not for Amadeu, Fernando may well have gone to another club when he left Watford.

I used Doyen in an advisory capacity when I first bought our club and they were helpful to me. Amadeu Paixao was a consultant at Doyen because I did not know a lot about the football business but it is now five years later and I have learned a lot about every part of football. Amadeu came with me as my personal adviser and club consultant, he has been a big person for me.

I can tell you that Doyen or their new company have no involvement in our club at all and Doyen have not been involved for some time. 

Doyen have never held an interest in a single Sheffield Wednesday player or held any investment in the club. There is no contract with Doyen, there is no payment owed if we get promoted, nothing. 

Amadeu has no business with them either, he has never taken our players to Doyen. I hope this will finally draw a line beneath this subject.

• Love 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

He is my personal adviser and part of our recruitment committee. Amadeu is a valuable resource for myself and our club has been in football for a long time, 25 years, and has a lot of experience and many, many contacts.

Of course, my people have told me about some criticism he has received and this is not fair because these things are not true. 

Does he have the authority to bring players to the club? No, he recommends them as part of our recruitment team. Coaches like to talk to Amadeu for his opinions and to draw on his experience, he is a consultant and part of the team at our club. 

Does he make any decisions at the club? No. He is a cog in a very large wheel. Does he have the final say on anything? Of course not.

Normally I do not name individual players and how we recruited them but to be fair to Amadeu, he recommended Fernando, Barry Bannan, Lucas Joao and more recently Dominic Iorfa, who I am sure everyone agrees has the potential to go a long way in football. I can also tell you that if it was not for Amadeu, Fernando may well have gone to another club when he left Watford.

I used Doyen in an advisory capacity when I first bought our club and they were helpful to me. Amadeu Paixao was a consultant at Doyen because I did not know a lot about the football business but it is now five years later and I have learned a lot about every part of football. Amadeu came with me as my personal adviser and club consultant, he has been a big person for me.

I can tell you that Doyen or their new company have no involvement in our club at all and Doyen have not been involved for some time. 

Doyen have never held an interest in a single Sheffield Wednesday player or held any investment in the club. There is no contract with Doyen, there is no payment owed if we get promoted, nothing. 

Amadeu has no business with them either, he has never taken our players to Doyen. I hope this will finally draw a line beneath this subject.

Cheers mate lets hope we've put the lid on that nonsense

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Why did you have a meeting with him if you don't mind me asking and what was it about?

Inspector, I wouldn’t want to break the confidentiality agreement but in reality I was only one of a handful that had a personal meeting with the Chairman early in the Year

i had a similar meeting a Director of SWFC when Milan Mandaric was looking to sell the club as I knew a serious Russian investor who eventually did buy a football club but in Belgium.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, bolton9owl said:

Inspector, I wouldn’t want to break the confidentiality agreement but in reality I was only one of a handful that had a personal meeting with the Chairman early in the Year

i had a similar meeting a Director of SWFC when Milan Mandaric was looking to sell the club as I knew a serious Russian investor who eventually did buy a football club but in Belgium.

Fair enough, but overall did you come out of the meeting feeling positive or negative?

5 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Fair enough, but overall did you come out of the meeting feeling positive or negative?

I kinda like the guy, I really do believe, like many others that he really does have a deep love of the club, he says what you would expect him to say albeit somewhat repetitively but considering his nationality his understanding of the questions we raised was first class. 
To answer your question, to be fair it was a bit of both, he’s definitely committed to SWFC but I guess like any businessman if a good offer came in I think now he would sell. 

incidentally, at no point during my meeting with him did he ever confess to making any bad decisions and yet he had an answer for all the questions thrown at him.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

For a "transfer advisor" he sure spends a hell of a lot of time at the club. 

3 minutes ago, bolton9owl said:

I kinda like the guy, I really do believe, like many others that he really does have a deep love of the club, he says what you would expect him to say albeit somewhat repetitively but considering his nationality his understanding of the questions we raised was first class. 
To answer your question, to be fair it was a bit of both, he’s definitely committed to SWFC but I guess like any businessman if a good offer came in I think now he would sell. 

incidentally, at no point during my meeting with him did he ever confess to making any bad decisions and yet he had an answer for all the questions thrown at him.

From a distance that's how I've summed him up.  Thanks for your time.  

27 minutes ago, bolton9owl said:

Is it usual for there to be confidentiality agreements in such meetings?

On 03/09/2020 at 09:03, bolton9owl said:

I along with thousands of Owls fans hope that the Paxo and Doyen connection is a thing of the past and we don’t go back to paying silly money to old mercenaries, at least until we get back into the Premiership.

Paxo's connection with the old Doyen, and the new Doyen ( same company, different name now) is wel documented. Half hours research online tells you everything you need to know. 

Guest Hornsby
On 05/09/2020 at 12:42, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Sheffield Wednesday & Doyen Sports – Scouting Agreement

JANUARY 6, 2016 ~ FOOTBALL_LEAKS

Scouting Agreement

Click to access Sheffield_Wednesday_%26_DSI_-_Scouting_Agreement.pdf