Sack the ‘Recruitment Team’

Could have had any number of players lined up who then decided to go elsewhere once we were hit with a 12 point penalty.

We should have more strikers than we have and we probably should have renewed a couple of the "squad player" to give us cover but none of us know what players may or may not have been lined up before

Edited by Sultan_Pepper
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, bolton9owl said:

Since before we started our first game after the ‘lockdown’ we knew that our strike force would be practically none existent come the last game of the 2019/20 campaign. 
We are now over two months down the line and one week away from the start of the new season so I think the supporters deserve to be told why are we as an established Championship club still only got one senior striker on our payroll.

What have our recruitment team been doing for the last 2/3 months because the players we’ve been supposedly been interested in have all failed to sign on at SWFC.

Surely our targets should have been researched to gauge their interests in joining SWFC. 
It was obvious that Leko for instance was always going to opt for another club in the Midlands ahead of other suitors given that he can still stay close to family and friends surely our recruitment team knew that from the offset.
Our recruitment team should have had a long list of strikers/forwards who would be available for the new season and would welcome the opportunity to apply their goal scoring abilities in the Championship.

I appreciate minus 12 points from day one may put a few players off but have we now lost our ability to attract good players to our once great club or are we now regarded as a club that is going nowhere 

Its time people at SWFC stop making feeble excuses and start to get measured on what success they can bring to the club. 

Its an absolute joke that with just over one week to go before the start of the new season we only have Rhodes as a recognized senior striker.

You should hang your heads in shame.

That's 10 minutes I'll never get back. Now back to the grown up world.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bolton9owl said:

Since before we started our first game after the ‘lockdown’ we knew that our strike force would be practically none existent come the last game of the 2019/20 campaign. 
We are now over two months down the line and one week away from the start of the new season so I think the supporters deserve to be told why are we as an established Championship club still only got one senior striker on our payroll.

What have our recruitment team been doing for the last 2/3 months because the players we’ve been supposedly been interested in have all failed to sign on at SWFC.

Surely our targets should have been researched to gauge their interests in joining SWFC. 
It was obvious that Leko for instance was always going to opt for another club in the Midlands ahead of other suitors given that he can still stay close to family and friends surely our recruitment team knew that from the offset.
Our recruitment team should have had a long list of strikers/forwards who would be available for the new season and would welcome the opportunity to apply their goal scoring abilities in the Championship.

I appreciate minus 12 points from day one may put a few players off but have we now lost our ability to attract good players to our once great club or are we now regarded as a club that is going nowhere 

Its time people at SWFC stop making feeble excuses and start to get measured on what success they can bring to the club. 

Its an absolute joke that with just over one week to go before the start of the new season we only have Rhodes as a recognized senior striker.

Gi'o'er mate.

Neg -10

6 minutes ago, Tudders said:

It makes it all the more unbelievable that we let Nuhiu leave. I’m a big fan of Atdhe’s and in my opinion there’s no way he should have been allowed to leave, but when you’re down to the bare bones, it’s ridiculous.

Clearly Monk's implementing a fluid 3-5-2 with a lot of overlap and motion.  Don't see nuhiu adding a thing (or Rhodes, but we can't get rid).

I'd rather not go back just for the sake of plugging a round hole in a square peg yet again.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, bolton9owl said:

Did you not vote in the survey the club did a bit back mate?

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

21 minutes ago, bolton9owl said:

That's the last time I create a clever complicated cultured title like this one to show that we are signing strikers...

FFS

Owlstalk Shop