Sack the ‘Recruitment Team’

47 minutes ago, bolton9owl said:

I must confess Philb 125 would make some very valid comments and your questions are not without thought but you are obviously content with just a handful of new players with just a few days before our season starts in earnest.

i don’t think just 3 new additions to our squad at this stage can be regarded as successful.

Are you telling me that if I was the owner of SWFC and I approached you to go out into Europe and beyond and identify 2-3 strikers you we could afford and who could do a useful job of scoring goals you wouldn’t, after 2-3 months be able to put forward a very positive list of players that would be an asset to the club.

i don’t know you but given the resources I am sure you wouldn’t fail.

They're working hard to gazump Man city for Messi to convince him to come here. Takes a lot of energy and resources does that.

51 minutes ago, bolton9owl said:

I must confess Philb 125 would make some very valid comments and your questions are not without thought but you are obviously content with just a handful of new players with just a few days before our season starts in earnest.

i don’t think just 3 new additions to our squad at this stage can be regarded as successful.

Are you telling me that if I was the owner of SWFC and I approached you to go out into Europe and beyond and identify 2-3 strikers you we could afford and who could do a useful job of scoring goals you wouldn’t, after 2-3 months be able to put forward a very positive list of players that would be an asset to the club.

Im not saying it’s successful or unsuccessful. I like you (I’m guessing) have no first hand knowledge of what the recruitment team are doing behind the scenes or the efforts they are making. But unlike you I’m not suggesting they should be sacked, or that they are not trying as I have no clue what they’re doing other than the players that arrive. Of which I’m fairly pleased with. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bolton9owl said:

Do you honestly think that the recruitment team haven't looked abroad...all the stats are there for anyone to look at...there have been people on here who over the years have got info on players abroad never mind someone who works at the club getting paid for it. You don't need a great deal of resources either or is that your point  just another dig at the Chairman ?

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Elvin Parsnip said:

The window doesn’t shut for a month - chill out mate - what’s Madine up too by the way 

“ The window doesn’t shut for a month” - yes, agreed, but the season starts in earnest in around 10 days.

If we’re going to have a real chance of making up the 12 point deficit, I reckon we need to hit the ground running from Day One. 

At the moment we’re still

fannying about looking for strikers, with just Jordan Rhodes on the books.  

To put it mildly, the situation is far from ideal IMHO.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bolton9owl said:

Out of all the ‘out of contract players’ throughout Europe and beyond that are available plus the ever increasing players that good clubs want to ‘loan out’ you seriously believe our recruitment team have worked miracles by encouraging three players to sign for us - just three and none an out and out striker.

Thats laughable and given we currently have only one misfiring senior striker who has forgot that he is supposed to score goals I think it’s diabolical we haven’t done more research and gone out there to talk to potential targets weeks ago.

Bolton was a middle of the road club when Big Sam became their manager, they equally had no money but he got off his backside and traveled the world to meet and encourage good players to join.

A couple of years later they were up in the Premiership, regretfully they didn’t stay long but that’s another story.

Sam’s message was always if you want a player that will improve your team and he is available- go and get them.

How far have our recruitment team travelled ?

They had Big Sam. We have Garry Monk. 

They are not starting on -12 and have form comparable to the sunday league whipping boys.

Difference.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Following today’s great news I have just nipped out and bought a ‘humble pie’ 

I am now going to cut myself a slice and hopefully it won’t be long before I have to cut myself another slice.

It’s a funny old world !!

9 hours ago, Kew Owl said:

“ The window doesn’t shut for a month” - yes, agreed, but the season starts in earnest in around 10 days.

If we’re going to have a real chance of making up the 12 point deficit, I reckon we need to hit the ground running from Day One. 

At the moment we’re still

fannying about looking for strikers, with just Jordan Rhodes on the books.  

To put it mildly, the situation is far from ideal IMHO.

Two strikers signed today - chill out my man 

Guest Hornsby
On 01/09/2020 at 21:51, DSandersonOWL said:

What is this 'Recruitment Team'?

We know very well what the recruitment process is.

Doyen gives Chansiri a list of names.

Chansiri passes the list on to his son who checks them out on Football Manager.

The son passes the list back to his dad with a few ticks.

That is how we got players from A... to U... 

You missed a stage mate.

Paxo then calls agent of those ticked, usually Doyen Global 2, and we agree thirty grand a week contract without a performance clause

for four years. 

1 hour ago, Hornsby said:

You missed a stage mate.

Paxo then calls agent of those ticked, usually Doyen Global 2, and we agree thirty grand a week contract without a performance clause

for four years. 

I along with thousands of Owls fans hope that the Paxo and Doyen connection is a thing of the past and we don’t go back to paying silly money to old mercenaries, at least until we get back into the Premiership.

Guest Hornsby
On 03/09/2020 at 10:03, bolton9owl said:

I along with thousands of Owls fans hope that the Paxo and Doyen connection is a thing of the past and we don’t go back to paying silly money to old mercenaries, at least until we get back into the Premiership.

Me too , mate. But Paxo still with us so what does he do?

Just now, bolton9owl said:

I only hope Paxo just shares a fag with Chansiri, but I believe he is now a personal friend and confidant.

i had a meeting with the chairman 6 months ago and when questioned he said Paxo wasn’t paid by the club - but it makes you wonder why he is always present.

• Like 1