Team after watching that?

Reach has lost a lot of weight since last season.

We need him on song if we're to stay up.

Was pleasantly surprised by the performance.  Was expecting a 0-5 when I saw the teams, but we had 3 good chances to win it.

I'll let Monk pick the team, unless he gives me a bell. 

I really struggle to see why we are going 3-5-2. We don't have the players for it.

Obviously the lack of proper strikers are a big concern to us, but we also lack natural wing backs, bite in midfield and a central defender who can play a bit. We're gonna loose a lot of midfield battles with this setup.

Not a bad performance, and we've got some decent players. But we really need to go with four at the back for me. 

3 minutes ago, Shezza said:

I really struggle to see why we are going 3-5-2. We don't have the players for it.

Obviously the lack of proper strikers are a big concern to us, but we also lack natural wing backs, bite in midfield and a central defender who can play a bit. We're gonna loose a lot of midfield battles with this setup.

Not a bad performance, and we've got some decent players. But we really need to go with four at the back for me. 

The problem with Monk is that he's a man that I'm not sure can readily admit he's wrong

I'm fine with 3-5-2 in principle, but to be honest I agree with you... increasingly I can't help but wonder if we just don't have the faces for it

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Dawson

Iorfa     Dunkley?   Lees

Odubjao                                      Penney

Bannan     Luongo

Brown       

NEW         NEW 

You've really missed Harris out

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Assuming we’re sticking with 3-5-2 (or 3-4-1-2)

Wildsmith

Borner

Lees

Iorfa

Penney

Bannan

Luongo

Harris

Brown

New striker

New striker

Reserving judgement on Dunkley as I’ve not seen him play so Lees gets the nod. Penney LWB and Harris RWB... or Harris LWB and Odubajo RWB. I thought both Penney and Moses were very good today. If Brown can stay fit then he’s going to be a big player for us. More depth needed in CM as well as up top

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Shezza said:

We don’t have the players for any formation. 4-4-2 our centre midfielders are weak as a 2 and will get easily overrun. 4-3-3 we have no wide forwards and would have to play reach and Harris there. 4-2-3-1 same problem.

Whatever we play we need another 5-6 first team players to become a mid table team. And that’s adding first team players not squad fillers like da Cruz etc.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 83owl said:

We don’t have the players for any formation. 4-4-2 our centre midfielders are weak as a 2 and will get easily overrun. 4-3-3 we have no wide forwards and would have to play reach and Harris there. 4-2-3-1 same problem.

Whatever we play we need another 5-6 first team players to become a mid table team. And that’s adding first team players not squad fillers like da Cruz etc.

Yep, that’s about the size of it

15 minutes ago, TheSlicer said:

Thought Dele might have had more praise in this thread. 

looks a unit 

Will be interesting to see him play with the first choice players like Bannan and Brown.

The problem with so many changes, and our better players going off, is that whole performance becomes scrappy and it’s difficult for anybody to shine.

He certainly looked strong , but had little chance to show anything on the ball

• Like 1

Apart from seeing Bannan, Luongo and Brown as the first choice midfield 3 with Hunt and Dele-Bashiru as promising back-up, we didn't learn an awful lot more than we already knew about the starting eleven for that first championship game?

Tom Lee's shouldn't be a starter, showed again today that he makes too many mistakes. On today's evidence id have van amen over borner who made a few gaffes today. Harris is way way better than Penney, no debate there for me. And Palmer is a better option than odd-job. For me it's the starting line up but dunkley in for Lee's and 2 new strikers.

Monk seems set on 3-5-2 so we can only assume that strikers are on the way in. There would be no point in sticking with it if we knew we couldn’t bring others in to the squad. If we only have Windass coming we’d be much better as a standard 4-2-3-1.

Wildsmith

Palmer

Iorfa

Dunkley/Borner/Lees

Penney

Bannan

Luongo

Harris

Brown

Reach

Rhodes

• Like 1

In fairness it’s difficult to draw conclusions from that match as Leicester are amongst probably the best 6 sides in the country at present.

Assuming we sign Windass, for our first league match I’d go with...

Dawson

Borner

Lees

Iorfa

Harris

Luongo

Brown

Bannan

Penney

Windass

Rhodes

Subs: Wildsmith, Dunkley, Reach, Hunt, Dele-Bashiru, Palmer, Hagan.