Team after watching that?

30 minutes ago, DSandersonOWL said:

Izzy Lazy?

Izzy thankfully seemingly likes to run around a bit more. But you can see he has that bit of physicality to take his time under pressure and dictate the pace of the game and can open teams up like Mcgugan could. 

Carlos didn’t like him as I don’t think he did enough without the ball but even in the Wembley season he was scoring for us when he played. There must be something else wrong with him as he hasn’t had a club for ages. 

But if Izzy Brown is what Mcgugan could’ve been he will be a hell of a player at this level

• Like 1

Good work out and some positives today however!!!

Not happy with Reach, Rhodes, Van Aken, Peulpessy

We're just not going to get chances to Rhodes no matter how many people think he's gonna come good and offers too little.

Reach is not a striker, he's not a wingback, he's not a CM, I don't know what he is.

Van Aken lost possession a couple of time in key areas and just doesn't seem improved since his last stint.

Pelupessy, can only pass the way he's facing (sometimes) and gets knocked off the ball if he doesn't. We all know he's not good enough!

10 minutes ago, briggowl said:

Good work out and some positives today however!!!

Not happy with Reach, Rhodes, Van Aken, Peulpessy

We're just not going to get chances to Rhodes no matter how many people think he's gonna come good and offers too little.

Reach is not a striker, he's not a wingback, he's not a CM, I don't know what he is.

Van Aken lost possession a couple of time in key areas and just doesn't seem improved since his last stint.

Pelupessy, can only pass the way he's facing (sometimes) and gets knocked off the ball if he doesn't. We all know he's not good enough!

Reach is a winger. If we’re playing a system that doesn’t use wingers then we’re best off selling him for whatever we can get, and using the money to buy someone who fits the system 

• Like 1

If we could get a couple of strikers in and another wide player, then I'd be pretty content. 

It's going to be a tough old season, but if we can make those additions then I'd fancy our chances. 

We've added a bit of quality to the central midfield area which is positive and Dunkly is a good option at CB. 

Just really concerned by the lack of goals. As we all know, we couldn't score for sh*t at home last season, though bizarrely had the most amount of goals away from home for some reason. 

Still - if we go into this season with Rhodes and Reach as our first choice pairing, we are in a world of trouble. 

9 hours ago, agentwalker said:

If have borner in instead of lees also. 

17 looked a good option also.

Agreed. Lees passing is terrible. Just looks to have lost all his confidence to me and I’d be looking to move him on if we had a bid

Edited by whatdial

4 hours ago, whatdial said:

Agreed. Lees passing is terrible. Just looks to have lost all his confidence to me and I’d be looking to move him on if we had a bid

Same thing as happened to him at Leeds, no? He was solid for them but then dropped off and they were happy to move him on to us.

Then he seemed to gain confidence, played really well for us for a few years.. now dropping confidence again.

Seems like something we should be able to sort out with how we handle the player, as he's played well at both clubs prior to this happening.

15 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Dawson

Iorfa     Dunkley?   Lees

Odubjao                                      Penney

Bannan     Luongo

Brown       

NEW         NEW 

Wildsmith for dawson 

Borner for lees 

Agree with everything else 

Lots of positives from that game. Solid enough looking defence (although a couple of last ditch tackles needed at times), midfield of Luongo, Bannan and Brown was really good. And back up of Hunt, Fizz, etc 

Rhodes can’t play up from on his own, desperately need 2 strikers to come in. Big man needed but I’d say also someone nippy with pace, and that’s as well as a Da Cruz or someone similar. 
Wildsmith my pick over the 2 keepers. Thought his save was outstanding and his kicking is better.

(did anyone see that beaut of a pass he drilled out to the far left wing)?
Impressed with Penney too, looked really good. 

Only negatives for me, Didn’t think Borner was at his sparkling best (and I really like him). Reach is always a bit “meh” for me, and Van Aken got skinned a couple of times and didn’t look too bothered about it. Lees has too many stray passes. 

Other than that, really good workout for a friendly I quite enjoyed it! 

8 hours ago, SiJ said:

If we could get a couple of strikers in and another wide player, then I'd be pretty content. 

It's going to be a tough old season, but if we can make those additions then I'd fancy our chances. 

We've added a bit of quality to the central midfield area which is positive and Dunkly is a good option at CB. 

Just really concerned by the lack of goals. As we all know, we couldn't score for sh*t at home last season, though bizarrely had the most amount of goals away from home for some reason. 

Still - if we go into this season with Rhodes and Reach as our first choice pairing, we are in a world of trouble. 

I believe we need a little more than that, and I think we’ll get it. Might take until the end of the window to have all the pieces in place. Quality though, rather than quantity. The players are buying into what the manager wants to do and with a few more players of real quality, especially in attacking areas, we’ll be fine. I was quite surprised about some of the remarks following, and during, the game yesterday, we held our own against a side that just missed out on a Champions League place. 
I’m happy with the business we’ve done so far, and if the rest of the business matches some of the rumours, we’ll have a pretty decent squad. Funnily enough, I still think we might get one big surprise, a player nobody has yet mentioned. Amazingly, most of the players we have been linked with, have actually been a lot better than some of the suggestions put forward on here. Now that’s a turnaround

Edited by gurujuan

3 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Incredibly weak so far.

Serious lack of goals in the squad.

Maybe, in fact yes, but I can see us replicating that Huddersfield side that pipped us to promotion. They swamped the midfield and kept things tight, and I can see Brown and Bannan replicating the job Brown and Mooy did for them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cookeh said:

They were up against the same guy tho, James Justin.

Bannan played at least 3 balls inside the full back for Harris to run onto, Penny had nobody doing that.

I was disappointed with Harris, several times he had the opportunity to put decent crosses in and didn’t do it. 
I think Penny, with his good left foot, would have made them count.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, 360wiseowl said:

Harris is a winger NOT a LWB. Penney much better imo

If you think Penney is better than Harris, fair enough. I'll bet monk and all the other EFL managers totally disagree with you though.

• Like 1

Harris looks great with ball at his feet running at em,but just never gets the ball in box,dont think he crossed the ball at all yesterday,either hit 1st defender or he ran into them and blocked off same as Reach on other side,no service.Not good enough that if we have Rhodes up top on his own with the form he's in.Need goals to win a game and we aint got any in that squad at min.

Dtaws are no good to us on -12.We havnt got time to build up few games in,we need to hit the ground running or we are in for a long season...

UTO

• Like 2