Team after watching that?

5 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Not seen any ‘highlights’. I’m interested to know how Van Aken and Brown both did - any comments? 

Van Aken was steady and he hadn`t played with our defence for a long time . Brown was great in first half , caused the defenders lots of trouble for first half hour then faded a bit , taken off at half time . Was surprise how we were the able to give them a good game over the 90mins with all the changes. In the past we would have started off well and lost in the second half as the changes were made .  

Edited by Tarquin
Extra content
  • Thanks 1

Brown looked strong and tidy.

Van Aken was steady got out of a couple of tricky situations..

Rhodes had no service,needs someone big man with him(Wickham)..

Reach looks poor still,him n Harris i dont think put the ball in anywhere near Rhodes.

We Had 3 free headers 1st half,Iorfa,Aken and Reach all missed...tut...

UTO

Edited by DIPPS_S.W.F.C

Just now, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Brown looked strong and tidy.

Van Aken was steady got out of a couple of tricky situations..

Rhodes had no service,needs someone big with him(Wickham)..

Reach looks poor still,him n Harris i dont think put the ball in anywhere near Rhodes.

Had 3 free headers 1st half all missed...tut...

UTO

He's had loads of service in his time here. Reach worked for his chances even if he didnt take them, seems like Rhodes wants it on a plate, about time he took the game by the scruff of its neck and got involved, struggling to think what he brings to the side.

Players aren't gonna pass to him if he doesn't make himself available Harris got down the wing but Rhodes was nowhere to be seen.

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Defensively we looked OK, but we were a bit toothless in attack, to the surprise of nobody. Not sure where a Leko/Simmonds type, would fit in. Impact sub off the bench?

I thought so too. Can’t see where they would fit in a 3-5-2.. Harris hasn’t been too bad, I guess, but it potentially makes us very unbalanced. 

7 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

He's had loads of service in his time here. Reach worked for his chances even if he didnt take them, seems like Rhodes wants it on a plate, about time he took the game by the scruff of its neck and got involved, struggling to think what he brings to the side.

Players aren't gonna pass to him if he doesn't make himself available Harris got down the wing but Rhodes was nowhere to be seen.

I agree tp some extent,but Rhodes is not a 1 man up top player,running the line,he needs balls into penalty spot not hitting 1st man all time.Harris looks great when he's on ball and running at em,but never seems to get it across in time.Reach has lost his way,im afraid,the miss the ball completely and fall over trick he did sums him up at the moment.Could do with Murphy back on that right wing...

UTO

Just now, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

I agree tp some extent,but Rhodes is not a 1 man up top player,running the line,he needs balls into penalty spot not hitting 1st man all time.Harris looks great when he's on ball and running at em,but never seems to get it across in time.Reach has lost his way,im afraid,the miss the ball completely and fall over trick he did sums him up at the moment.Could do with Murphy back on that right wing...

UTO

I agree that Rhodes is more of Johnny on the spot but he's just not getting in the mix.  Looks totally lost. 

Reach we need to keep  

4 minutes ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

UTO

4 years ago when he signed we should have known EXACTLY what his strengths and weaknesses were and built accordingly. A player with his goal record, prior to us signing him, should have built a team around him and for whatever reason we have never utilised him according. By far the worst signing of the Chansiri era, and that’s saying something when you think of the likes of Abdi/David Jones et al

I think a big problem Monk faces with the goalkeepers is that you wouldn’t really say either of them are head and shoulders above the other. Both are about the same standard. Monk imo will be chopping and changing between the 2. Personally I hope we bring in a new number one so we have a settled defence as much as possible. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 1

Leicester are a very good team, so a good hiding could have been on the cards.

Good to see the owls back playing football. The young lads brought energy to the team that has been missing for years.
Giving the captains arm band to BB should prove a good move.

Both keepers played well.

The omissions are obvious, we need two target men.

I like many others have no idea when we can return to S6.

UTO

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Yep, that’s about the size of it

if we’re playing 3 at the back then at least

2 strikers (style of but not necessarily Martin)

2 forwards (style of but not necessarily Windass)

1 DM

1 CB

If we can offload any players (van aken, odubajo?) then add some dedicated wingbacks

GK I’m still not sure. I don’t see how it will work not really having a number 1 with both lads being roughly the same standard.

Did not see today's game but am slightly puzzled by GM wanting to stick with 5-3-2. We don't have any players who WB is their natural position and we have failed to strengthen in wide positions. Given we have largely the same squad, now even weaker than last season and who did so poorly playing that system, can't see the benefits of continuing with it. 

• Like 2