Shocking accusation, this...

6 minutes ago, whowantstoberich said:

BLM do not speak on behalf of everyone who disagrees with racism. 

Just because you disagree with racism doesn’t mean you are pro BLM.

ALL LIVES MATTER

Saying ‘all lives matter’ in answer to BLM fundamentally misunderstands what BLM is about. It doesn’t state or claim that all lives don’t matter. Ever. Anywhere.

Saying ‘all lives matter’ in response to BLM is like sitting in a restaurant with your meal in front of you, telling someone whose order was forgotten that you’re ALL hungry, so they shouldn’t speak up. It makes no sense.

In that analogy, BLM isn’t disputing everyone’s hungry. It’s saying some people already got their portion and they’ve been passed over. The people who have their food don’t NEED to say ‘but we’re ALL hungry’. Why would they? It’d be insane. Eat your dinner and enjoy it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Jonestown83 said:

an accusation based purely on where he’s from  Your not from round here you must be sneaky with 0 evidence to support this otherwise there’re be no need to mention the country of his birth  

If he spoke like you typed, I can see why they had problems understanding him.

• Haha 1

Guest whowantstoberich
15 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

Saying ‘all lives matter’ in answer to BLM fundamentally misunderstands what BLM is about. It doesn’t state or claim that all lives don’t matter. Ever. Anywhere.

Saying ‘all lives matter’ in response to BLM is like sitting in a restaurant with your meal in front of you, telling someone whose order was forgotten that you’re ALL hungry, so they shouldn’t speak up. It makes no sense.

In that analogy, BLM isn’t disputing everyone’s hungry. It’s saying some people already got their portion and they’ve been passed over. The people who have their food don’t NEED to say ‘but we’re ALL hungry’. Why would they? It’d be insane. Eat your dinner and enjoy it.

ALL LIVES MATTER.

Anyone and everyone can be subject and all races at some point will have been subject to racism, regardless of colour. 

However, it isn’t the B in BLM that is a problem. IMO It’s the violence, thuggery, racism (the very thing they claim to be against) and mission statements that I don’t like about them. 

EDIT - i also disagree how many blacks are apparently treated in the USA. That doesn’t happen in the UK tho. We are not a racist country at all.

Edited by whowantstoberich

Ok first things first

Nobody here is trolling, it's actually quite interesting to see peoples different opinions

Secondly

DC has been accused of hiding behind his language to benefit his cause, did the EFL ask for clarity, did they suspend the hearing so any anomalies caused by this problem could be eradicated?

No, they went for the jugglar and inexpicably used this to further their cause

Racism?

They've left themselves wide open

Over to you DC

• Like 2

It’s not racist by any rational judgment. Although by 2020 standards it probably is! If, for example, I interview an EAL student about an incident and they are unable to understand English well enough to help the situation (happens a lot - especially with parents), I would never accuse them of becoming selectively conversant as I would absolutely guaranteed be accused of racism.

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, whowantstoberich said:

ALL LIVES MATTER.

Anyone and everyone can be subject and all races at some point will have been subject to racism, regardless of colour. 

However, it isn’t the B in BLM that is a problem. IMO It’s the violence, thuggery, racism (the very thing they claim to be against) and mission statements that I don’t like about them. 

EDIT - i also disagree how many blacks are apparently treated in the USA. That doesn’t happen in the UK tho. We are not a racist country at all.

Blimey - if anyone wants a great example of just how dumb the human race can be, check this out.

Love how threads like this can somehow weed out the casual racists. They just cant help themselves.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not sure how this thread has managed to get turned into a BLM debate. It is a completely separate issue and there are other threads if you want to discuss it.

Chansiri was accused of misrepresenting the language barrier and his understanding of English. Evidence provided by the commission proved this to be unfounded,as such making an accusation without any foundation or proof appears at best to be discriminatory.

7 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

This element of the report is shameful and appalling. 

But that should not detract from what the reports seems to be making clear - that both parties have demonstrated ample incompetence and lack of foresight.

As a governing body the EFL should not demonstrate any incompetence. They should be fair, impartial and professional. The fact that they are none of those things mean they aren't fit to govern a whelk stall never mind a multimillion dollar industry.

They should be disbanded and a professional organisation set up completely outwith the control of the clubs. Their brief should be to manage in the interests of the football league and football as a whole.

That's not me taking a partisan stance as a Wednesday fan.

9 hours ago, the mighty wednesday said:

If it is something you really can't prove or disprove the governing body of a sport should not be stating it in writing.

And, of course, the burden of proof is on the accuser and not the accused.

If true, this should attract political or legal interest. And all this from an organisation that allegedly and very publicly wants to stamp out racism.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm gonna leave this discussion as like I say I've no chance of my point being accepted as the wolves are out as a pack dying to deliberately push this racism narrative so I'll leave you to it

I disagree with it as a tactic of attacking the EFL though - I think it's pretty low to stoop to that

Do you think it is pretty low of the EFL to say what they did? Personally I do think what they said is racist, they wouldn't say the same about an Englishman. We will have to agree to differ.

They also didn't provide an interpreter which is common practice when dealing with someone who doesn't have a full understanding of English, particularly with complex matters.

The EFL have fallen down on the most basic common courtesies.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Discriminate:

make an unjust or prejudicial distinction in the treatment of different categories of people, especially on the grounds of race, sex, or age.

The EFL do appear to have tried to, without foundation, use the language barrier to discredit the honesty of Chansiri. As this was a false accusation made without proper justification it does appear to be discriminatory. 

THIS

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, happy bunny said:

Ok first things first

Nobody here is trolling, it's actually quite interesting to see peoples different opinions

Secondly

DC has been accused of hiding behind his language to benefit his cause, did the EFL ask for clarity, did they suspend the hearing so any anomalies caused by this problem could be eradicated?

No, they went for the jugglar and inexplicably used this to further their cause

Racism?

They've left themselves wide open

Over to you DC

I can only comment on.personal experience but if that was the case in a meeting I was part of, the meeting would be stopped temporarily or fully. If the meeting was a tribunal etc the consequences would be immense. For such an important meeting with possibly serious outcomes for them to admit they didn't think he fully understood what was being asked of him is an incredible admission

• Like 6