Shocking accusation, this...

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

Sadly we live in an age where faux outrage and accusations of racism are thrown about like confetti, a lot of them time where no racism exists. This is one of those cases. 

I'll try to explain for you, best i can.

EFL, 'dear panel members, the sheffield wednesday chairman is a foookin idiot, he's took us round the corner, and he can't even speak foookin English'.

The panel, 'case not proven...'

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Sadly we live in an age where faux outrage and accusations of racism are thrown about like confetti, a lot of them time where no racism exists. This is one of those cases. 

I don't think this was overtly or intently racist, however, what do you think regarding whether there was an intent to discriminate against which was unjust, based on the below?

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

It's about definition here though

It's definitively NOT racist OR discriminatory

So your personal standards or morals literally don't come into it

I think people are doing their best to shove and shoehorn racism and discrimination into this scenario when the very definition of both says it's not

Personal standards are irrelevant

57 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Discriminate:

make an unjust or prejudicial distinction in the treatment of different categories of people, especially on the grounds of race, sex, or age.

The EFL do appear to have tried to, without foundation, use the language barrier to discredit the honesty of Chansiri. As this was a false accusation made without proper justification it does appear to be discriminatory. 

7 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Perfectly clear where you stand

The EFL have accused Chansiri of trying to pull a fast one by claiming he didn't understand what they were saying. 

How do you know Chansiri didn't deliberately do what the EFL are claiming.? 

• Haha 2

Guest whowantstoberich
3 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

The EFL have accused Chansiri of trying to pull a fast one by claiming he didn't understand what they were saying. 

Wow. Who needs enemies?

5 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

There was enough for the commission to completely dismiss this claim - based on evidence! 

Not enough for you though not to support this though? 

7 hours ago, Hotten Owl said:

Pinched from another site:

The #EFL said that Dejphon Chansiri gave evidence in a manner ‘apparently deliberately designed to make it difficult to follow or to assess his credibility’, and ’appeared to exaggerate his difficulty in speaking English’.

The commission disagreed on both fronts. #SWFC

Surely wide open to allegations of racism.

When I was working and involved in something legal with a foreign service user they were given an interpreter as a matter of course so things like this didn't happen and to prevent accusations from either party of not understanding what was said or asked. In some cases, it was a legal requirement.

Surely the EFL could be accused of negligence and as others have said racism /discrimination by not offering one.

Edited by darra
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

The commission said it was racist...if the cap fits

• Like 1

Ok so now that those who want the racism/discrimination thing used feel vindicated we can now all agree that the chairman should go for it and sue them for it?

And we can all support the BLM thing that the players are doing by taking the knee etc?

Good

Glad we're all on the same page and that we all agree that all racism/discrimination is wrong, and that you're all supportive of all anti-racism movements

Let's move on now

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Ok so now that those who want the racism/discrimination thing used feel vindicated we can now all agree that the chairman should go for it and sue them for it?

And we can all support the BLM thing that the players are doing by taking the knee etc?

Good

Glad we're all on the same page and that we all agree that all racism/discrimination is wrong, and that you're all supportive of all anti-racism movements

Let's move on now

100% supportive of the club and Chansiri in taking on the EFL regards an appeal.

not because I don’t think we’re totally blameless in this but think the charge of 12 points is excessive due to the circumstances .. 9 points or less would of been understandable.

If Chansiri wants to take the EFL to task over racism or discrimination I am 100% supportive.

If the vindictiveness of the EFL against the club .. witnessed in the lack of investigation before accusing the directors of dishonesty, the happiness to treat Derby differently and the fact they went for us in a fashion to maximise the punishment which could of led to expulsion from league in theory doesn’t embolden your support for the club against the EFL .. then take a long look at other clubs in the region you could “get behind”.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, dowls said:

100% supportive of the club and Chansiri in taking on the EFL regards an appeal.

not because I don’t think we’re totally blameless in this but think the charge of 12 points is excessive due to the circumstances .. 9 points or less would of been understandable.

If Chansiri wants to take the EFL to task over racism or discrimination I am 100% supportive.

If the vindictiveness of the EFL against the club .. witnessed in the lack of investigation before accusing the directors of dishonesty, the happiness to treat Derby differently and the fact they went for us in a fashion to maximise the punishment which could of led to expulsion from league in theory doesn’t embolden your support for the club against the EFL .. then take a long look at other clubs in the region you could “get behind”.

I don't need my support for the club 'emboldening'
Nobody else on this thread does either from what I can see

It's 100%

I hope we succeed in this appeal and we get the deduction removed entirely (or at the very least halved)

Owlstalk Shop

Guest whowantstoberich
20 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Good

Let's move on now

BLM do not speak on behalf of everyone who disagrees with racism. 

Just because you disagree with racism doesn’t mean you are pro BLM.

ALL LIVES MATTER

Edited by whowantstoberich

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I don't need my support for the club 'emboldening'

It's 100%

I hope we succeed in this appeal and we get the deduction removed entirely (or at the very least halved)

Casting aside any aggravation, racist, discriminatory or plain old malicious, on the part of the EFL surely the fact that we were in dialogue with them and seem to have followed their guidance and obtained some sort of permission to back date the sale must mean there are grounds for mitigation of the 12 point deduction.

Of course we were naive to not get legal documentation and relied on what appears to be a nod and a wink but who better to ask about the interpretation of the rules than the governing body. It still seems wrong that Rick Parry can overrule "permission" given by his predecessor. When we also consider that the sliding scale used to calculate the deduction was not even in force at the time of our offence it seems even more appropriate that mitigation should be sought.

6 hours ago, SiJ said:

Seriously, what an accusation to level at someone.

Lazy, racist, xenophobic claptrap.

This is the governing body of 72 football league sides.

Unbelievable.

Wonder if they've ever heard the term " unconscious bias" 

Maybe not..just as you say