Shocking accusation, this...

21 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm 100% supportive around all race issues

This isn't one though

This is just someone being accused of being dishonest and pulling tricks

an accusation based purely on where he’s from  Your not from round here you must be sneaky with 0 evidence to support this otherwise there’re be no need to mention the country of his birth  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Totally agree mate. It's not racist what so ever. I wish some people would put the race card away and stop with the faux outrage. The EFL are claiming Chansiri was trying it on by claiming his English isn't as good as we all know it is. 

The problem with this sort of thing, where people jump on their soap box screaming racism where none exists, is it harms the genuine cases if racism. 

You can't categorically state it's not racist. Racism is a subjective and comparative issue. It's not racist to not hire a person of colour, but if you only ever hire white people, it's probably racism.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Totally agree mate. It's not racist what so ever. I wish some people would put the race card away and stop with the faux outrage. The EFL are claiming Chansiri was trying it on by claiming his English isn't as good as we all know it is. 

The problem with this sort of thing, where people jump on their soap box screaming racism where none exists, is it harms the genuine cases if racism. 

Good enough to hold a conversation about complex legal matters?   

When I've heard him talk English, its certainly not to that level.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

Whilst it’s not attacking him on racial grounds it’s a shocking slur to assume someone is misleading you due to a lower level of English.

It’s discrimination 

It's not discrimination at all

It's simply accusing him of acting dishonestly and pulling tricks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

13 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Whilst it’s not attacking him on racial grounds it’s a shocking slur to assume someone is misleading you due to a lower level of English.

It’s discrimination 

Sorry to labour the point but if it’s discrimination you would have to say on what grounds. I suspect there are a few commenting that it is discriminatory on the grounds of his race. Therefore it would be racial discrimination.

Personally I don’t believe it to be discriminatory but terribly bad manners and unprofessional and something for which he should receive a public apology

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tommycraign10others said:

Sorry to labour the point but if it’s discrimination you would have to say on what grounds. I suspect there are a few commenting that it is discriminatory on the grounds of his race. Therefore it would be racial discrimination.

Personally I don’t believe it to be discriminatory but terribly bad manners and unprofessional and something for which he should receive a public apology

THIS

What's happened isn't racist or discriminatory at all
It's simply accusing someone of pulling a dishonest stunt
It's just clumsy, silly, and should never have happened but throwing words around like racist and discrimination is just daft

There's more than enough to criticise the EFL for without ever having to resort to those desperate tactics

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

Is anyone wondering about the whole Fessi situation giving him the 6 match ban even though in court they didn't have the evidence to charge him and cleared him. Yet the EFL still punished us? All seems to be adding up now.

Wasn't that the FA?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Why are we automatically assuming Chansiri wasn't lying about his lack of proficiency to speak English?
Something you cant prove or disprove.

Believe me for 4 years I have tried to have conversations with him when stood having a fag with Alastair from the ticket office ... now believe me Alistair has had to help out - so I am pretty convinced he isn't good at english (or maybe not worked out broad yorkshire just yet) !!

3 hours ago, steelerian said:

Google is your friend. But hey, Im feeling generous so I'll help you out.

rac·ist

/ˈrāsəst/

noun

a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another.

However, unless I am misunderstanding it, they are not discriminating against DC for his race or any other reason. They are just saying he is misleading them on his understanding of the langauge. So its not racist - he is not being racially discriminated against - its just a simple accusation of lying to them.

Actually Steeler.....I have considered your well researched and equally perceptive opinion and I find that I agree with you! 

So it’s me and you then! I’m going for the EFL accusing DC of lying but more importantly their allegation is disrespectful and (We hope) fundamentally flawed. 

it’s about time people woke down!

• Love 1

21 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

THIS

What's happened isn't racist or discriminatory at all
It's simply accusing someone of pulling a dishonest stunt
It's just clumsy, silly, and should never have happened but throwing words around like racist and discrimination is just daft

There's more than enough to criticise the EFL for without ever having to resort to those desperate tactics

We all have different standards, definitions on matters of morals.  Just because they meet your standards doesn't necessarily mean they meet the standards of others. 

You put the argument for your standard and allow others to put forward their standard.

• Like 3