Shocking accusation, this...

10 hours ago, Steelman said:

Then the ELF should have arranged an independent interpreter accredited to act in such proceedings (at their expense). They do it for criminals.

I'm not sure that either DC or the EFL speak Elvish!

On a serious note, the football authorities have faced assorted accusations of racism (either blatant or institutionalised) for years. Is anyone really that surprised when something as blatant as this comes out and is levelled at a foreign owner?

Sincerely hope that Mr C takes them to the cleaners over this and puts the EFL out of business.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest Therealrealist
49 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

The EFL are an absolute joke ...the quicker they are disbanded the better.

They are not goin to be disbanded..and why didn’t any of us have a problem with them before dc came along??

Guest Therealrealist
Just now, soldierboyblue said:

Good grief stop just stop

Why..this constant efl this efl that is tedious..not many other clubs want it disbanding..it’s just us cus we have fallen foul of the rules..and now we are trying to change the world..I would prefer you to stop..just stop..defending every single thing about the club

I’m more interested in how under his ownership we’ve ended up in a situation where we have to start the league with -12 points to be honest.

Edited by ka58

54 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

On a serious note, the football authorities have faced assorted accusations of racism (either blatant or institutionalised) for years. Is anyone really that surprised when something as blatant as this comes out and is levelled at a foreign owner?

Sincerely hope that Mr C takes them to the cleaners over this and puts the EFL out of business.

oh yeah - we all want to see “mr C” win that battle. Maybe after he’s won that he could focus on the car crash of a club we’ve got.

It is an interesting juxtaposition that whilst the EFL have been making disproven claims against an Asian Chairman, the two most outspoken clubs on the matter, Middlesbrough and Charlton, were both employing managers accused of causing GBH to an Asian they encountered stood outside a nightclub.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, darra said:

I can only comment on.personal experience but if that was the case in a meeting I was part of, the meeting would be stopped temporarily or fully. If the meeting was a tribunal etc the consequences would be immense. For such an important meeting with possibly serious outcomes for them to admit they didn't think he fully understood what was being asked of him is an incredible admission

It actually shows how incompetent they are in their rush to tar and feather, then move onto the next case

Seems like they are used to steamrolling through with what appears to be biased judgement (we have history with this....FF)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, happy bunny said:

It actually shows how incompetent they are in their rush to tar and feather, then move onto the next case

Seems like they are used to steamrolling through with what appears to be biased judgement (we have history with this....FF)

Unless I'm reading that statement wrong what they are saying is that it's unclear because of language difficulties if Chansiri fully understood the questions being asked of him. That being the case surely it cannot be used as evidence against him?

2 minutes ago, Paul.. said:

Really? REALLY? Think you need to travel around the UK more.

Paul , mate! It’s a Gaussian distribution across the human race. 5% see racism everywhere and in everything, 5% don’t see racism at all ( because, probably they aren’t racist and can’t understand why anyone should be) and 90% can’t be bothered with it and would rather live in peace with our fellow humans and concentrate on other issues. We must I think remember that racism occurs in all races. Always has done and always will. We can argue against it and we should, but we should stop short of manufacturing evidence to suit our own beliefs, there’s enough real evidence that it exists. Are we culturally tribal? Yes of course. Are we culturally racist? I think not, but we might disagree on definition.

Still, we’re all Wednesday aren’t we! I don’t care what colour you say you are, or which language you speak, or whether you see yourself as a different gender and that I think puts me in the 90%. Am I going to dress as a rainbow and walk round London in my pants with a banner? Nope! ( not in the 5% then). Time we all woke down maybe?
Other opinions are available.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

When you are trying to make a point that should be well reasoned your opening line should not be 'Chansiri is Thai by birth' What an opening line, a statement of fact but a total irrelevance. The fact that the tone of the argument is meant to embarrass Chansiri and undermine him personally. Passive aggressive and yes racist !     

• Like 4