Shocking accusation, this...

3 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

In effect it has nothing to do with anything other than the EFL are showing themselves to be an inept and floundering bunch of racists.

I don't think to keep trying to sway people into thinking this is a racist issue is the right thing to do

It is in no way 'racist' what they've said - it's merely a suggestion that someone is extremely dishonest and tried a trick to pull the wool over their eyes

I know I'm fighting a losing battle and that our hardcore element are on the attack on the EFL and will keep pressing this and it will become 'true because it's been repeated so often' but I fundamentally disagree with this approach

I think criticise the EFL decision, criticise the organisation itself as being incompetent, but to try and use racism is a low blow that's just unfair

• Like 5

Owlstalk Shop

I've tweeted about this a fair bit today but I'm genuinely shocked and disgusted at the EFL's comments about Dephon Chansiri's level of English, they make such a big deal about promoting campaigns of inclusion and anti-racism and then they come out with that accusation, very, very close to blatant racism from the EFL IMO, at the very least it's offensively xenophobic.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I don't think to keep trying to sway people into thinking this is a racist issue is the right thing to do

It is in no way 'racist' what they've said - it's merely a suggestion that someone is extremely dishonest and tried a trick to pull the wool over their eyes

I know I'm fighting a losing battle and that our hardcore element are on the attack on the EFL and will keep pressing this and it will become 'true because it's been repeated so often' but I fundamentally disagree with this approach

I think criticise the EFL decision, criticise the organisation itself as being incompetent, but to try and use racism is a low blow that's just unfair

I've been reliably informed, by people better placed than me, that it's no longer acceptable for a business or organization not to be racist but to be actively anti-racist. 

Racism in football is clearly prevalent today. The EFL  (and the FA) must do better than this as a benchmark.

33 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Has an English owner ever been accused of deliberately lying? Just wondering, genuine question.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Merely a suggestion that he is extremely dishonest and tried to pull the wool over their eyes.  

That's OK then.

Merely  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Interesting that you know - as a white male - that its 'no way racist'. You are usually very supportive around race issues.

An ethnic man is accused of being dishonest and exaggerating in a courtroom - and the reason is because he is not speaking English properly. That's not a good look.

It may be clumsy, but the comments were made and stand as a matter of record. 

I would say that the EFL should come out and define whether its racist or not based on their own painstaking and comprehensive Equality Statement which specifically mentions perceptive discrimination against races.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Nero said:

Interesting that you know - as a white male - that its 'no way racist'. You are usually very supportive around race issues.

An ethnic man is accused of being dishonest and exaggerating in a courtroom - and the reason is because he is not speaking English properly. That's not a good look.

It may be clumsy, but the comments were made and stand as a matter of record. 

I would say that the EFL should come out and define whether its racist or not based on their own painstaking and comprehensive Equality Statement which specifically mentions perceptive discrimination against races.

I'm 100% supportive around all race issues

This isn't one though

This is just someone being accused of being dishonest and pulling tricks

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

I'm gonna leave this discussion as like I say I've no chance of my point being accepted as the wolves are out as a pack dying to deliberately push this racism narrative so I'll leave you to it

I disagree with it as a tactic of attacking the EFL though - I think it's pretty low to stoop to that

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

This isn't one though

You have to agree though that in light of the currently raised awareness about issues relating to race and the like it's incredibly tone deaf to accuse a non-white person who speaks English as a second language as they have done?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

This isn't one though

From the thread its clear that its a matter of opinion. Personally I am not sure as to how the EFL should categorise the comments. They should clear this up though and quickly from a reputational perspective.

People will always disagree about what constitutes racism but when you have specifically written down what it is and it appears that you've been racist within your own parameters of racism, you can't ignore it when people start accusing you of hypocrisy.

You cant say, I didn't mean it that way.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It is in no way 'racist' what they've said - it's merely a suggestion that someone is extremely dishonest and tried a trick to pull the wool over their eyes. 

Totally agree mate. It's not racist what so ever. I wish some people would put the race card away and stop with the faux outrage. The EFL are claiming Chansiri was trying it on by claiming his English isn't as good as we all know it is. 

The problem with this sort of thing, where people jump on their soap box screaming racism where none exists, is it harms the genuine cases if racism. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

This isn't one though

The faux outrage in this thread is unbelievable. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

This isn't one though

Agreed. Anyone who has watched Border Force on the tele will know. So then Sir, why have you not declared the 100000000 cigarettes in your luggage? I don’t understand. 😂

• Like 1