Breaking news. SWFC v EFL

Guest Jack the Hat

4 minutes ago, No Uniform said:

The EFL will get sued by us and we will win. Unlikely we will get the points back though, as we are guilty. There can be 2 guilty parties. Now leave your patronsing gubbins outside.

OK. Enjoy the day sat in your full kit. None so blind as those that will not see. 

Edited by vulva
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Take a breath and a step back. That really isn't my interpretation at all... I might be wrong, but this doesn't seem right to me

This will surely become clear when the written reasons are released.

If however the EFL have delayed the punishment in an attempt to relegate us then I do think the club have strong grounds for appeal.

Rules are rules and at the end of the day you can pick and choose when you’re going to enforce them.

Edited by TrickyTrev
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

This will surely become clear when the written reasons are released.

If however the EFL have delayed the punishment in an attempt to relegate us then I do think the club have strong grounds for appeal.

Rules are rules and at the end of the day you can pick and choose when you’re going to enforce them.

To be fair, the Sun article is (purposefully?) ambiguous... like you say, we shouldn't be waiting too long before we can read a something that really spells out what went down.

• Like 1

Obviously we need to see the full written report etc but a lot of what could happen in future will hinge on when figures were available. Could the EFL have applied a 12 point deduction before last week? Did they have the figures? Have they really waited a season and a half? If so, why, if not, what was the delay? 

I suspect us filing accounts 'late' via changing our cutoff dates will have had an effect. Not sure a season long delay would be needed though. 

Hope we fight it and get our punishment wiped out so we start on zero next season. 

• Like 2

Ok we broke the rules and should have had 12 point penalty. 

However the only reason this was not applied when it should have been applied is due to those issuing the sentence. 

What I find disturbing is the EFL produced some trumped up charges against officials and the club to justify their actions. Wednesday were cleared of all of these by an independent tribunal. 

It could be well argued the benefits we have of overspending have long since evapourated asfor last 2/3 years we have been on reduced budget hence imposition of any deduction no longer important. 

The EFL are definitely not fit for purpose and although our financial management was poor no team should be treated in such a disrespectful way.

I heard 3 days ago we were still discussing the matter with EFL and was far from over which I thought seemed strange but it wasprobably true.

Edited by Quist
  • Like 7

I think the problem we have is that we have been sailing close to the wind on many fronts and this is why the EFL were breaking their neck to get us relegated. 

Breaking FFP, Overpriced sail of the ground and putting it in the incorrect financial year, the fake sponsorship deals, late tax returns and the list probably goes on.

Where a bit like Al Capone despite all of law breaking  the only thing that FBI could stick was the less serious charge of tax evasion.

It looks like we got away fairly lightly, take it on the chin, learn from it and move on.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

This changes things.

Chansiri should take the blame for the finances and the 12 point deduction.

But the EFL clearly had an agenda against our club when all clubs should be treated equally. I thunk now all the anger will be firmly put on the EFL.

Bury

Coventry 

Macclesfiled

Hull

Charlton

How mnay more sides are going to be screwed by the EFL.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

I think the problem we have is that we have been sailing close to the wind on many fronts and this is why the EFL were breaking their neck to get us relegated. 

Breaking FFP, Overpriced sail of the ground and putting it in the incorrect financial year, the fake sponsorship deals, late tax returns and the list probably goes on.

Where a bit like Al Capone despite all of law breaking  the only thing that FBI could stick was the less serious charge of tax evasion.

It looks like we got away fairly lightly, take it on the chin, learn from it and move on.

WOW

Guest Kameron

If this is true, don’t bother with the appeal, it’s time for court action, it’s also time for clubs to get their act together and resign from the EFL.

7 hours ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Timeline appears to be:

Should of punished club in 2018/19 but EFL chose to purposely wait because 12 points then wouldn't have relegated club.

Last year club doing well in league so instead of simply going for FFP punishment went for 21points.

When directors charges dropped messed up plan so didn't chase it as we were heading for good league position so again 12points wouldn't have got what they wanted.

After out form fell off a cliff and we fell like a stone the expedited hearing to June to send us down with 12points.

Report will be interesting to read at least and sounds like EFL were indeed after making an example out of SWFC and were only interested in send club to league 1

Funny how they did not do the same to the “darlings” of the Championship - Wayne Rooney’s Derby, Villa etc etc. 

Could be argued that the threat of action was the cause of us dropping off a cliff in the league, since Dec 19. Can’t see why what we have done ranks along side going into administration where suppliers end up loosing out. EFL is pathetic.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Having read that it seems more likely the EFL will appeal than us

They can't. We have had the maximum penalty. They can't appeal arbitration, which would have brought charges against Chansiri. 

Edited by No Uniform

One thing I don’t understand, they claim we should have been punished in the 18/19 season for our 15/16 - 17/18 losses. But the accounts for 17/18 aren’t due until around the end of the 18/19 season, so there wouldn’t have been time, even ignoring the fact those accounts were late?