Breaking news. SWFC v EFL

Guest Jack the Hat

1 hour ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

So in order to punish us for putting a legitimate stadium sale into 'the wrong year' , the EFL attempted to manipulate the system by entering the punishment into 'the wrong year'?

You couldn't make it up, could you?

I'm sure there'll be much more to come out on this, but based on that article, what the EFL have done is seriously corrupt. 

I'm annoyed that the disciplinary committee would look at that and apply the sanction they have, too - if they have such misgivings about the EFL's handling of the case, why not stand up to them a bit more than they have and apply the deduction to the 18/19 season?

• Like 5

4 hours ago, snaykz said:

Certainly seems to give some credibility to the idea that the EFL has an agenda against our club. Disgusting from the EFL. 

They didn’t just want us to get the standard punishment at the time we should have received it. Instead, they delayed the hearing and actively tried to relegate us. I can’t think of any other club who’s breached FFP that they’ve treated this way. 

Absolutely fuming.

Said it all along.  But always been ridiculed as a tin foil idea. 

These phookers have wanted to punish us for the semi for years. Had no way how to... This is their way. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

So in order to punish us for putting a legitimate stadium sale into 'the wrong year' , the EFL attempted to manipulate the system by entering the punishment into 'the wrong year'?

Quite ironic really, but the incompetence of the EFL doesn't surprise me. It's a corrupt organisation, unfit for purpose and has been for years. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

If this is true a the report and findings show this then there are some fundamental issues that have to be addressed.   

It brings into question is this a policy that EFL have been underhand in following.  Apart from us have are clubs being dealt within this way.    What is the long term impact going forward.  There are a number of clubs in a really poor position with FFP.   Is this going to be applied to them so that maximum punishment is given.  

What happens to clubs that avoided this by getting promotion then relegated back to EFL will their punishment be retrospective to cause maximum damage.  

Is there a consistency or are some clubs being treat differently to others.   

Who decided this at EFL.   Why.   Is there an underlying motive. 

Lots of questions and issues.  EFL have blown it this time.   Too many clubs will be asking questions.   

• Like 6

The timing of the points deduction is intriguing me. The caveat of course is the accuracy of this media report.

So the breach of FFP is for the 2017/18 season. The punishment should be issued for the 2018/19 season. We however know the year end was extended from May 18 to July 18. And we don't file accounts until July 19 after the season has finished. This includes the sale of the stadium which if legit means we are not in breach. 

So it would seem the original breach was being assessed on provisional figures for the 17/18 year season - and the previous 2 combined - which we know we would have failed.

EFL hang back as a 12 point deduction would not be an issue in season ending May 19.

Decide to go for 19/20 season but add on the misconduct charges presumably because the stadium sale is suddenly included and they think we are pulling a fast one. 

It all seems a bit confused on what figures were supplied and when to the EFL

6 hours ago, snaykz said:

Certainly seems to give some credibility to the idea that the EFL has an agenda against our club. Disgusting from the EFL. 

They didn’t just want us to get the standard punishment at the time we should have received it. Instead, they delayed the hearing and actively tried to relegate us. I can’t think of any other club who’s breached FFP that they’ve treated this way. 

Absolutely fuming.

Agenda?

FFS. Open your eyes. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, sMacLean said:

Every chance our deduction is scrubbed off on appeal. Chansiri will fight this as hypocrisy. 

If I were him I’d fight this on the grounds of legality.

You can’t just pick as a governing body when you will and when you won’t enforce the rules. It’s absolutely ridiculous!!

Surely he has grounds to say this charge the legality of this punishment as the EFL as we have got the punishment when we have got it due to the fact that the EFL wanted to relegate us rather than apply the punishment when they should have.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, vulva said:

There is an element within the fan base that just can’t see beyond the end of their blue and white nose. Wake up and smell the coffee ffs. This isn’t the EFLs fault. 

The EFL will get sued by us and we will win. Unlikely we will get the points back though, as we are guilty. There can be 2 guilty parties. Now leave your patronsing gubbins outside.

Edited by No Uniform
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm not convinced they've held off until a punishment would purposefully relegate us.

We know they're incompetent and we know they wanted to go for us hard... that's why they initially went for the individuals of DC, Katrien Meire (spelling) et al... and also why we had that press release in winter about how all charges against them were dropped. They were hoping to get us done for some serious corruption and bungled it. IMO that's when the EFL went for us in the way they should have done initially (FFP breach), but they wanted the punishment to be delivered ASAP. 

And that's why they "wanted us to be relegated", a mixture of a marginal vendetta coupled with them realising if a points deduction wasn't applied soon it would just get embarrassing.

As it is, the independent commission decided it would be just too darned late in the day to administer our (deserved) points deduction this season, as doing so would essentially fudge the integrity of the competition by auto-relegating us without giving us the chance to stay up on the pitch.

The above seems to be how things have played out, and the assessment that they purposefully waited to relegate us seems a wee bit of twitchy paranoia to me. The EFL messed up their case and just wanted to get our punishment over the line... the key bit is their indifference to whether it relegated us or not, they just wanted it done ASAP to hide their own cóck up it seems and provide timely punishment. Their own insistence that we were corrupt in breaking FFP (rather than incompetent) really made a rod for their own back.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

The EFL have delayed this punishment repeatedly in an attempt to relegate the club which is surely them over stepping the mark as a governing body. They have rules and set punishments that should be applied here.

Take a breath and a step back. That really isn't my interpretation at all... I might be wrong, but this doesn't seem right to me