Breaking news. SWFC v EFL

Guest Jack the Hat

So they wanted ideally to take points off of us this season but left it so late they had to do it next season instead?

I think we already knew this, the only news in this article is that the written reasons are due on Monday which’ll mean we get a timescale for any potential appeal.

Guest wilyfox

It's interesting because @owlstalk hammered anyone suggesting the EFL had an agenda against Wednesday, and this article implies that was indeed the case.

Oops Neil lol

Despite that being in the Sun I’d wager that is the most accurate assessment to date of what actually transpired.

If indeed, they do believe we should have been punished the season before last we should appeal.

I long for the time when the football seasons finished without legal actions left, right and centre......over regulation at its worst has lead to this. That and incompetent institutions! 

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 4

So, my understanding from that is, the EFL has tried to do a member in as much as they can, by being as punitive as they can, whilst hitting us with sort of embargoes, sort of OK with the stadium sale, sort of angry with our directors. 

I'm usually for accepting when we have farked up, and panning us when we do something stupid. But what the hell is all this about. They want clubs to be profitable and sustainable, so have waited for the moment that they think could most hit our profits and sustainability. 

What an absolute joke from start to finish, and will keep rumbling on. If what is said is true in that article I'd be seriously questioning if the EFL are fit for purpose. 

The whole FFP era has been nothing short of embarrassing. Fair play but keep parachute payments, and do it over three years. Soon as a club hits the Prem then powerless unless they come back down. One club in the EFL has gone out of business, one has struggled to put players out so has been chucked out, few more gone into admin. 

What a joke of an organisation. 

• Like 6

Shows their incompetence that even when our form since Christmas handed them what they wanted on a plate, they still messed it up.

Its a shame for Charlton that their club is an absolute shambles because they definitely need to be taking the EFL to task over this. 

2 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Despite that being in the Sun I’d wager that is the most accurate assessment to date of what actually transpired.

All this will be is the inevitable leak from the disciplinary panel findings. It would’ve been public eventually but I’d guess the EFL were hoping that they could hold the tide back long enough that nothing could be done.

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

It's interesting because @owlstalk hammered anyone suggesting the EFL had an agenda against Wednesday, and this article implies that was indeed the case.

Oops Neil lol

I know you're saying this tongue in cheek, but I doubt it's personal with the EFL.

For them it's the principle. They have their rules (which seem to change every other year) and they want to be seen to enforce them - and do so without any further consideration as to whether the rules are even reasonable.

Actually, it's not just that they have their rules - they know they're ultimately nothing without their rules, and most importantly for them, imposing them.

They're ridiculously out of touch though - it's like their spitting feathers over a rule being breached - a rule which might otherwise seem reasonable, like prohibiting the slamming of doors behind you, without realising it's because the whole house is burning.

• Like 5