Westwood

2 minutes ago, Owlsend said:

Another player which is squeezing the life out of Sheffield Wednesday if every little Penny he can get without actually putting anything in 

Get rid I’ve got about as much respect for him as he has for our club

You mean we are paying him what his contract states? Who offered him the contract?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

I strongly suspect your right and if that's the case we need to play him.

He may not be the keeper he was a year or 2 ago but he is head and shoulders above what we have.

Wasn’t head and shoulders above Dawson or Wildsmith before he got dropped last time, not even close 

He’s got to earn that shirt back, up to him wether he wants to do that or not , we all know what he’s capable of 

All this carry on about been injured or

not been injured, and managers giving him a hard time , or the club not wanting him to play has got to stop really 

If Westwood does what he’s good at, he’s No1 at this football club , that simple really for me 

1 minute ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

How much is that then ? 

Haven’t a scooby doo pal , but I’m fairly confident it will be a sum nobody else is willing to pay him currently 

7 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Wasn’t head and shoulders above Dawson or Wildsmith before he got dropped last time, not even close 

He’s got to earn that shirt back, up to him wether he wants to do that or not , we all know what he’s capable of 

not been injured, and managers giving him a hard time , or the club not wanting him to play has got to stop really 

If Westwood does what he’s good at, he’s No1 at this football club , that simple really for me 

That's the key bit really, people are still stuck in 2017. Leeds at home aside Westwood had a poor season.

31 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Wasn’t It announced that Dawson was  to be the number 1 keeper ? Bit off putting to a 30 odd year old who has clinched more points for us since the Carlos days than any other player . Your right though if he’s good enough pick him 

34 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Haven’t a scooby doo pal , but I’m fairly confident it will be a sum nobody else is willing to pay him currently 

That’s the thing though you are saying he is on phenomenal wages , just wondered how you knew this . Guessing doesn’t help 

2 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

That’s the thing though you are saying he is on phenomenal wages , just wondered how you knew this . Guessing doesn’t help 

And this is the promble. It’s now established owlstalk fact that he’s a trouble maker on a massive wage who just doesn’t want to play anymore. 

Even though he has said none none of it’s correct, it just gets repeated ad finitum, and he gets lambasted along with the others who’ve left. Very sad.

cant wait for the books to come out. Think we will see a very different side of the story

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, mogbad said:

He wasn't training, supposedly injured before the lockdown & after the restart according to Monk. He has history of developing an injury when he's not first choice, his face doesn't fit with Monk. 

It appears that way from what we read. So disappointing (and wrong) for such a quality keeper that he can have the mindset of refusing to be on the bench due to his pride, rather fake an injury. 

8 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Nobody knows why he isn't playing. Just like nobody knows why Abdi never played. Personally I hope he comes back and we get some game time out of him. However, until we know the actual reasons for his absence then threads like this just lead to speculation and bad feelings. 

This. 

my take, based on nothing May I add, other than what you see and the snippets you pick up is that he’s cut from a cloth of player that likes winning and doesn’t take well to losing. When things aren’t going well and he doesn’t like what he sees, he isn’t afraid to call out players and be vocal. 

Managers like Monk can’t cope with that type of player with a more old school mentality and simply wants yes men. as a result we end up totally spineless with a culture where losing is acceptable as we saw in the second half of last season. 

Edited by LoadABallacks
  • Like 2

If you have an asset at your disposal which can improve your product why wouldn't you use it?

If there are personal differences between the parties then as professionals they should have the integrity to come to an understanding that the manager plays his best team available and whoever is picked plays to the best of their ability.

Both parties should see the bigger picture and not concentrate on their petty differences.

Not professional at all, if the rumours have any merit.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

There was a salary list published not so long ago. Don't know how accurate it is but I seem to remember Westwood and rhodes were the top earners on a salary or 1.56m per annum.

In context wildsmith was on 200k ish and Dawson on about 80k (but since signed a new deal)

This whole long-running business is a case study in how people will not concern themselves with something as inconvenient as actual evidence when it comes to forming forthright opinions about a subject. Some posts flagrantly come down to little more than 'how dare you make such unjustified assumptions about Person 1; but let me instead make some unjustified assumptions about Person 2' without a trace of irony.

12 hours ago, devonshire owl said:

Now it's back for pre season,and most of his. (buddies)have gone,do you think he will show a positive attitude and be number one again,or stay and just take the money.

NO his time has been and gone,& his form was nothing to shout about when he was dropped in my view.Sell..if anyone wants him...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

If you have an asset at your disposal which can improve your product why wouldn't you use it?

If there are personal differences between the parties then as professionals they should have the integrity to come to an understanding that the manager plays his best team available and whoever is picked plays to the best of their ability.

Both parties should see the bigger picture and not concentrate on their petty differences.

Not professional at all, if the rumours have any merit.

You would expect that to be the case but why hasn’t that happened? Or maybe it has?

There has to be more to it I reckon.

It’s happened under two different managers so it’s not a one off caused just by the Monk style of management. There have been repeated comments about him not training due to injury

One thing is for certain, no manager is going to pick a keeper who isn’t training.

11 hours ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

I'd imagine that the club will be looking for ways of offloading him whilst mitigating the financial impact as much as possible

I don't get that... if the club is looking to offload a player that allegedly no longer features in their plans, wouldn't the best way to advertise and attract interest in him be to play him in games, include in squad and make them look as good as possible?

I really hate the way we have dealt with players falling out of favor, they've gone Full Metal Urby and are nowhere to be seen. Instead you get lots of bs gossip about this or that and poor atmosphere in the squad, no team togetherness, etc. and just the general impression they're all primadonnas lounging on a deck chair being served grapes like romans of old. And then you suddenly see an instagram post where the guy (back to Westwood now) suddenly is receiving thank you letters for being a really great guy to some kid who adores Wednesday, and you got to wonder, is he really such a bad character and why the fizz has he fallen out of favor?

Just absolutely poo player management by both club and manager in my eyes.

And the only way we're offloading them is after they've taken a lot of unnecessary wages from us every month until their contract expired and we've not utilised them one bit.

• Like 1