BREAKING NEWS - EFL VERDICT - 12 POINTS

12 minutes ago, Lime Tree Heros said:

What with the coronavirus situation and the difference between the tv income in the Championship and League 1, I can fully understand why Charlton are exploring every possibility of staying in the Championship - if the situations were reversed I'd expect Wednesday to do the same.

As they weren't part of the EFL's case they can't appeal the IDP's decision. As a member of the EFL they've asked for the rationale behind our punishment being applied next season not this (which presumably the EFL already has from the IDP). Whilst also garnering support from other EFL members.

I'm guessing their aim is to get the backing of sufficient clubs so the EFL are effectively forced to appeal the IDP's decision as (say) 50% of their members don't agree with it.

Its got nothing to do with Charlton , zero absolutely nothing. They dont know anymore about the case than you or I. They are going down because of their point tally simple as. And no I would not complain if you finish in the bottom 3 then you deserve to go down, thats football all this bull about wanting clubs docking points is for me crass in the extreme. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

Its got nothing to do with Charlton , zero absolutely nothing. They dont know anymore about the case than you or I. They are going down because of their point tally simple as. And no I would not complain if you finish in the bottom 3 then you deserve to go down, thats football all this bull about wanting clubs docking points is for me crass in the extreme. 

It's more nuanced than that though, whether we like it or not as members of the EFL all clubs make and agree to comply with the EFL's rules and procedures, which we have been found to break.

All Charlton are doing is questioning the timing of our punishment, a loophole which could see them avoid relegation.

• Like 1

It seems Chansiri is the new bad guy round here.

I'd just like to remind you all that if we'd beaten Hull or beaten a very poor Huddersfield over 2 matches and beaten Reading (we would have) he'd be an HERO round these parts. 

He spent HIS MONEY trying to get US promoted and it didn't work out but to suddenly lay the all the blame at his door is madness.

We have a clean wage bill, money to spend and even with the 12 point deduction if we have a good recruitment this season we could still reach playoffs and that's all we should really be looking to do these days.

We have to get behind the team especially the new players that come to the club, a points deduction is a barrier to overcome no doubt but we will.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, Lime Tree Heros said:

It's more nuanced than that though, whether we like it or not as members of the EFL all clubs make and agree to comply with the EFL's rules and procedures, which we have been found to break.

All Charlton are doing is questioning the timing of our punishment, a loophole which could see them avoid relegation.

Let’s face it - we’d be doing exactly the same thing if roles were reversed

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lump On said:

I'd just like to remind you all that if we'd beaten Hull or beaten a very poor Huddersfield over 2 matches and beaten Reading (we would have) he'd be an HERO round these parts. 

He spent HIS MONEY trying to get US promoted and it didn't work out but to suddenly lay the all the blame at his door is madness.

We have a clean wage bill, money to spend and even with the 12 point deduction if we have a good recruitment this season we could still reach playoffs and that's all we should really be looking to do these days.

We have to get behind the team especially the new players that come to the club, a points deduction is a barrier to overcome no doubt but we will.

Really?

4 minutes ago, Lump On said:

NOICE! I've just lumped on! 

• Haha 1

These 8 or 9 clubs are probably clubs who will be involved in the championship relegation battle next season?

They’d rather battle from scratch with Charlton than have a 12 point head start over Wednesday?

If I was DC I’d be playing the race card because let’s be honest if this was say Middlesbrough in the dock, this wouldn’t be happening?

Reckon if half the league start pestering the efl they will appeal, on the grounds punishment should come into force this season.

Then we would prob appeal, on the grounds unfair deduction....and so it will drag on.

Whatever, we ain't going down this season.

Bet Powel has a face like a slapped aris..he hates us.

lol

34 minutes ago, Lime Tree Heros said:

Well A) They need to read the rules ,as the punishment happened after the season ended..

B) The case is not over yet as appeals are pending.

C) Your going down.

13 minutes ago, Jim said:

These 8 or 9 clubs are probably clubs who will be involved in the championship relegation battle next season?

They’d rather battle from scratch with Charlton than have a 12 point head start over Wednesday?

If I was DC I’d be playing the race card because let’s be honest if this was say Middlesbrough in the dock, this wouldn’t be happening?

Grasping??

5 minutes ago, Jim said:

Who? Me or the other clubs?

You - I mean, in what way is charging us with something we have done racist? If there was a white chairman  in the same situation being treated differently you could argue that, but no-one else has been as stupid as DC... Gibson should be banned cos of his face, but that's face-ist - not racist. Though if its anything like the FA hearings for racism just mentioning it should get the efl an 8 match ban on probability. 

Edited by Daizan10

57 minutes ago, Lump On said:

who’s fault is it we have the -12 deduction? 

• Haha 1