BREAKING NEWS - EFL VERDICT - 12 POINTS

On 06/08/2020 at 08:56, modboy said:

Our youngsters aren't good enough yet, especially to overturn the points deficit

No, but opportunity to make a contribution throughout the season, predominantly from the bench presumably. 

Much rather a youngster as a squad player than the likes of Rhodes and Reach, taking the best part of £50k pw between them in wages to sit on the bench.

I think we need to be brave and as fans pragmatic, to appreciate we cant carry a big squad of 'quality established' players. As we've found from the EFL verdict we just arent allowed to compete. We're allowed to have a competitive first 11 and the balance younger/development players. 

Only relegated EPL clubs are allowed to have a proper squad. 

Edited by striker
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, rickygoo said:

Leeds found a way. As did the Pigs/Huddersfield/Cardiff etc when they went up. 

Pigs, Cardiff had good managers to be fair, the former also benefitted from Leeds implosion. 

Huddersfield benefited from our gift of a second leg semi final display and a typical German final performance.

Leeds sold well and built, again with a top manager. 

Put them in the championship next season, working to a £13m annual loss limit and other clubs having that plus £45m to throw at promotion and it would be a lot more difficult. 

Always one as the exception, but usually two of the three promoted teams those with parachute payments. 

1 hour ago, striker said:

Pigs, Cardiff had good managers to be fair, the former also benefitted from Leeds implosion. 

Huddersfield benefited from our gift of a second leg semi final display and a typical German final performance.

Leeds sold well and built, again with a top manager. 

Put them in the championship next season, working to a £13m annual loss limit and other clubs having that plus £45m to throw at promotion and it would be a lot more difficult. 

Always one as the exception, but usually two of the three promoted teams those with parachute payments. 

The Examiner did an analysis. Since parachute payments started the incidence of teams getting promoted after relegation hasn’t changed much. They’ve always had a good chance. The problem is the chance of crippling teams who spend to compete but fail. 

59 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

The Examiner did an analysis. Since parachute payments started the incidence of teams getting promoted after relegation hasn’t changed much. They’ve always had a good chance. The problem is the chance of crippling teams who spend to compete but fail. 

Not worked well has it!

We can afford it but crippled by EFL regulations stopping us competing. While the likes of Sunderland, Bolton, Charlton, Wigan etc crippled by the regulations designed to protect them. 

The examiner can analyse all they want, but a £43m head start in just one season is simply not fair.

Edited by striker
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, striker said:

Not worked well has it!

We can afford it but crippled by EFL regulations stopping us competing. While the likes of Sunderland, Bolton, Charlton, Wigan etc crippled by the regulations designed to protect them. 

The examiner can analyse all they want, but a £43m head start in just one season is simply not fair.

They all benefitted from the failure payments but screwed it up.

3 hours ago, striker said:

Not worked well has it!

Nope it’s not. But it seems that it hadn’t had much impact on who gets promoted. Instead it’s had a huge impact on overall finances. 

1 minute ago, DSandersonOWL said:

Have the written reasons for our 12 point deferred sanction been published yet by EFL?  

If not, why the secrecy? What's going on?

Somebody must be ITK !

Why would they make it common knowledge I'm happy to let the club deal with the situation

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, DSandersonOWL said:

I'm sure the club will deal with the situation well, as we have seen over recent years' of expert club management by Chansiri.

He's not communicating how much he's putting into the  club every week and I wouldn't ask him either

• Like 1

Just now, bladeshater said:

He's not communicating how much he's putting into the  club every week and I wouldn't ask him either

Neither would I. He must be very embarrassed by how much he is pouring down the drain. 

As I said originally, it is up to EFL to publish the reasons for their panel's judgement, not the guilty party, who are considering an appeal.

Most people seem to think Chansiri will appeal, I have my doubts. Be thankful we escaped relegation! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DSandersonOWL said:

Neither would I. He must be very embarrassed by how much he is pouring down the drain. 

As I said originally, it is up to EFL to publish the reasons for their panel's judgement, not the guilty party, who are considering an appeal.

Most people seem to think Chansiri will appeal, I have my doubts. Be thankful we escaped relegation! 

He has made big mistakes and he's paying big time but give the man credit he's keeping the club afloat

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, bladeshater said:

He has made big mistakes and he's paying big time but give the man credit he's keeping the club afloat

Absolutely right!   Particularly credit due to him, for 20% of staff wages he is making up. Heart in right place. Terrible advice.

Not wanting him to go : who knows what dodgy hands the club would end up in. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I give him total credit for topping up furlough to 100% wages

Its bloody frustrating though Neil....If DC had allied his obvious intent on taking Wednesday forward with someone with some footballing nous...We would be in clover.....

If his money had been spent under advice from from a Director of football...instead of self serving graspers with an agenda....We wouldbe miles away from this mess!!!

• Like 7