BREAKING NEWS - EFL VERDICT - 12 POINTS

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I can't see them appealing it, getting heard, and getting a verdict before next season starts though can you?

Surely that alone would mean it's a pointless exercise to try it?

They can’t appeal it. They aren’t part of the process. 

Only thing they could do is legally challenge the EFL for how they’ve handled it. 

However.... as has been constantly said on here, if the EFL has deducted our points now, and we appeal, why then? They can’t relegate is with an appeal ongoing....

Cant see how Charlton have a case tbh

• Like 4

Just now, Essix Blue said:

They can’t appeal it. They aren’t part of the process. 

Only thing they could do is legally challenge the EFL for how they’ve handled it. 

However.... as has been constantly said on here, if the EFL has deducted our points now, and we appeal, why then? They can’t relegate is with an appeal ongoing....

Cant see how Charlton have a case tbh

Yeah all seems a lot of hot air from Charlton - it'd be madness for them to challenge this at this stage

Owlstalk Shop

I find it quite pathetic and desperate that Charlton are trying this hard to get us relegated when it’s there own fault they are down there in the first place. If they were mid table would they be going off like this? Wish they would Concrete on there own club rather than getting a decision overturned to save there own backside. Shouldn’t be so sh!7 in the first place. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, penrhyn bay owl said:

Why would any other team back them from a purely selfish standpoint. 

They are all plus 12 points to our zero points .

That's a nice starting place for a lot of teams .

Because Charlton are a mess at moment with ownership issues and losing player's.

Even with -12 we may be seen as more of a threat in relegation scrap

And a lot of clubs are facing issues next season with money issues from lost income, we have a wealthy owner on other hand so can cover losses that some teams cannot

Edited by wellbeaten-the-owl

Am I just being thick or has someone moved the goalposts (the first probably, the second certainly) but from the procedures involved, I was under the impression that -  the EFL didn't accept our version of the ground sale deal, which put us in sanction because of FFP or its successor. We argued this in court of appeal, yet he EFL didn't accept this verdict, It then went to an INDEPENDENT tribunal. It's at that point that my mind gets in a tizzy. In my days in industry, the final decision in a dispute would be to 'appeal the decision' ,.in other words, go to arbitration. This was an Independent body which looked at both arguments, and came to a decision which was binding on both sides.

Something since the turn of the Century has altered. Can someone answer me the question 'If you have a dispute, who's decision you can't/won't accept, surely , if this goes to an Independent body, their decision cannot be appealed but is binding on both sides.

The dispute here is between SWFC and EFL, and thought the effects might impinge on other clubs, it is nothing to do with them. 

3 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Am I just being thick or has someone moved the goalposts (the first probably, the second certainly) but from the procedures involved, I was under the impression that -  the EFL didn't accept our version of the ground sale deal, which put us in sanction because of FFP or its successor. We argued this in court of appeal, yet he EFL didn't accept this verdict, It then went to an INDEPENDENT tribunal. It's at that point that my mind gets in a tizzy. In my days in industry, the final decision in a dispute would be to 'appeal the decision' ,.in other words, go to arbitration. This was an Independent body which looked at both arguments, and came to a decision which was binding on both sides.

Something since the turn of the Century has altered. Can someone answer me the question 'If you have a dispute, who's decision you can't/won't accept, surely , if this goes to an Independent body, their decision cannot be appealed but is binding on both sides.

The dispute here is between SWFC and EFL, and thought the effects might impinge on other clubs, it is nothing to do with them. 

Sorry mate but you’re way off on how this has progressed. The dispute is between us and the EFL but there was no court of appeal, the first (and only) hearing was the IDP which sat last month. The judgement of that can now be appealed to an appeal panel, that judgement would then be final. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

What did the independent panel actually decide?

Was it that the EFL were right and we were wrong? Or did they decide that and that 12 points should be the penalty?

If the former, we might appeal against the penalty?

3 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

What did the independent panel actually decide?

Was it that the EFL were right and we were wrong? Or did they decide that and that 12 points should be the penalty?

If the former, we might appeal against the penalty?

They decided the EFL’s version was correct. 

The points deduction is also decided by the panel HOWEVER it’s pretty much set in stone, there’s a sliding scale they use for amount over PnS / points deducted 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Sorry mate but you’re way off on how this has progressed. The dispute is between us and the EFL but there was no court of appeal, the first (and only) hearing was the IDP which sat last month. The judgement of that can now be appealed to an appeal panel, that judgement would then be final. 

There was the arbitration in January/ February time where we contested the lawfulness of the charges, following which the individual charges against the directors were dropped

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, modboy said:

every reason not to appeal the judgement 

Take it on the chin and move on

I'd appeal it purely on the fact that SWFC have been docked the same amount of points as a club going into administration,my appeal would be purely on the fact of wanting to know why an overspend equals the same points penalty.

11 minutes ago, modboy said:

every reason not to appeal the judgement 

Take it on the chin and move on

IF the deduction can't be increased, we have nothing to lose appealing imo.

Keeps Charlton off the EFL's back in court and could give us a better start to next season on minus 9 or 6. 

Might as well go for it.

36 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

IF the deduction can't be increased, we have nothing to lose appealing imo.

Keeps Charlton off the EFL's back in court and could give us a better start to next season on minus 9 or 6. 

Might as well go for it.

can it not be increased?