Monk has one game left of his contract. Should we offer him an extension?

Monk has one game left of his contract. Should we offer him an extension?  

524 members have voted

1. 1. Should Garry Monk's contract be extended beyond the end of the 2019-20 season?

• Offer him an extension/new deal
    • Send him packing/on Fernandos bike

I don't like Monk, but i'm not sure on what is the best on this.

Let us assume the OP is right, which I am not absolutely sure is true.     So one game left on contract.   Probably way off the truth but yes lets say it is.

Many of us, me especially want continuity.   That does not lend itself to getting rid and a new manager in.

Then I can't get away from the fact, I think the man is just inept and literally just churns out soundbites he heard his previous managers when he was a player come out with over his years.   

I can't get behind Monk, I don't believe he has the nouse to be a manager and that's why he has effectively the British version of Carlos when it comes to changing clubs he has managed on a very quick turn around.    It's not helped he's not had a team behind him, he's had to do it himself and he's not got the ability.    

Says the right thing at the right time because he's doing it parrot like, not because he knows what he's doing.

Overall, I know he won't be sacked and will be here next season - I don't agree with that personally, but I can accept it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Woooop

There we go

Is anyone else playing Wednesday Manager Cliche Bingo today?

I'm nearly at full house

An opinion was asked for and provided - along with who could/should be considered if Monk went - a natural follow to the question

Just trying to keep it simple. 

Now run along ...

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Also I feel for Monk in that he doesn’t have his usual backroom staff to help.

Clotet and Beattie aren’t here and he’s stuck with Bullen and Thompson. Two coaches he’s never worked with before and two coaches who alongside the players need to learn his methods. 

But surely he had the option to refuse the job if he wasn't allowed to appoint his own backroom staff?

Or maybe he thought if this idiot is daft enough to set me on and pay me **** it!

Just now, erowl said:

But surely he had the option to refuse the job if he wasn't allowed to appoint his own backroom staff?

Love how (in your desperation to attack Monk) you totally excuse the chairman for not providing his manager, his club (and therefore US) with the tools to do his job

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Love how (in your desperation to attack Monk) you totally excuse the chairman for not providing his manager, his club (and therefore US) with the tools to do his job

I love how you defend a manager too sh*t scared to demand his own terms and insist on choosing his own backroom team.

I seem to remember Bruce did and even told DC he was going to the cricket first. :laugh:

• Haha 1

If we keep Monk and Huddersfield get McCarthy and improve, I guarantee that when Monk is inevitably sacked around Christmas (regardless of which division we're in) many of the same people backing him now will be saying we should have got McCarthy when he was available in July. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I blame Chansiri for many things mate, but the results on the pitch are the responsibility of the manager, and Monk has failed big time. He must go ASAP. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He was allowed to bring in a PL striker in January, plus 2 extra bodies in attacking positions, and didn't lose any players from the squad other than those he purposely chose to exclude. 

There are plenty of managers achieving better results with worse squads. 

• Like 2