Monk has one game left of his contract. Should we offer him an extension?

Monk has one game left of his contract. Should we offer him an extension?  

524 members have voted

1. 1. Should Garry Monk's contract be extended beyond the end of the 2019-20 season?

• Offer him an extension/new deal
    • Send him packing/on Fernandos bike

It's baffling that anyone would want him to stay. He has proven that is is utterly inept. His formation, starting lineups and substitutions at the best of times, have been baffling.

He is out of his depth and an utter dullard. We could do with someone who isn't just another merry-go-round manager

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

He was driving a porsche and had a pit crew

Monk's having to ride a clapped out bicycle

Even so the points record since Christmas really is quite dreadful, a half decent manager would have some oil for the chain and a pump for the tyres.

3 hours ago, crookesowl said:

Chansiri doesn’t pick the squad, set the formation, motivate the players and decide the tactics. 

A decent manager would have this squad in the top half easy. Steve Bruce with this squad would have us top 6. 

Chansiri will be to blame to a point though as he chose Monk and didn’t sack him in March. 

We are currently mathematically safe from relegation. The only way we can now get relegated would be via a points deduction. A points deduction would be entirely Dejphon Chansiri’s fault.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

We are currently mathematically safe from relegation. The only way we can now get relegated would be via a points deduction. A points deduction would be entirely Dejphon Chansiri’s fault.

It would, but if we get -12 and it narrowly relegates us it wouldn't have made a difference and would have been academic had we not had such dreadful form in the second half of the season. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, alanharper said:

It would, but if we get -12 and it narrowly relegates us it wouldn't have made a difference and would have been academic had we not had such dreadful form in the second half of the season. 

Or had we not got the deduction in the first place.

If we get relegated this season it’ll be entirely the chairman’s fault in my eyes.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Carole Baskin said:

I don't like Monk, but i'm not sure on what is the best on this.

Let us assume the OP is right, which I am not absolutely sure is true.     So one game left on contract.   Probably way off the truth but yes lets say it is.

Many of us, me especially want continuity.   That does not lend itself to getting rid and a new manager in.

Then I can't get away from the fact, I think the man is just inept and literally just churns out soundbites he heard his previous managers when he was a player come out with over his years.   

I can't get behind Monk, I don't believe he has the nouse to be a manager and that's why he has effectively the British version of Carlos when it comes to changing clubs he has managed on a very quick turn around.    It's not helped he's not had a team behind him, he's had to do it himself and he's not got the ability.    

Says the right thing at the right time because he's doing it parrot like, not because he knows what he's doing.

Overall, I know he won't be sacked and will be here next season - I don't agree with that personally, but I can accept it.

I don't like how you killed your Husband and fed him to the Tigers.

Guest LondonOwl313
3 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Or had we not got the deduction in the first place.

If we get relegated this season it’ll be entirely the chairman’s fault in my eyes.

We should be more than 12 points clear of the relegation zone though... the whole things a joke. Both chairman and manager 

1 hour ago, bobness said:

I can't help but feel indifferent on the topic, as I think DC needs to either sell us on, or drastically adjust his attitude, for this to matter. 

DC does not pick the team.  Monk has had as much money as can be made available to him under P&S rules..  Yes maybe we have wasted some money but thats always the risk you take..  Nobody was complaining when we bought in Rhodes, a proven striker at this level.  Do you want someone like Dave Allen back in charge?  with little to no investment, its been DC that has changed our expectations, under Dave Allen finishing where we are would have been seen as a fantastic season.

Monk managed to get results with this team before Christmas, DC has nothing to do with that, it has been Monk that has clearly lost the changing room and made at times some bizare tactical decisions.  DC has made mistakes I agree but frankly were still better under his control, we could have someone come in and end up like Wigan, or end up with Mike Ashley..  There are a lot worse chairmen to have in football and frankly I really think we dont deserve DC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sherlyegg said:

Nearly a 1/3 of wednesdayites want to keep him...

World's gone mad..

In what way?

Because if pushed, I would say it tells me that 2/3 of Wednesday fans have no experience of managing people in general.

16 minutes ago, alanharper said:

I didn't like how you were turned to steel in a great magnetic field. 

(I know that's Iron Man but it's close enough)

But I never killed anyone.....

Not that didn't deserve it anyway🤣

27 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

We should be more than 12 points clear of the relegation zone though... the whole things a joke. Both chairman and manager 

I get what you’re saying pal and agree to an extent but on the pitch under Garry Monk we have earned enough points to secure our safety in the division.

Monk can only influence matters on the pitch, if we are to go down now it’ll be due to matters off the pitch and that’s entirely the chairman’s responsibility.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, alanharper said:

I bet Hamilton would fare better in a grand prix in a Skoda than I would in his Merc though. A good F1 car still needs a decent driver. 

True..Think the bigger issue is that if you think of the club as a car, it's as if we have mechanics who keep in forgetting to tighten the wheel nuts. Players making schoolboy errors game after game.