New manager?

The fact people are even suggesting the likes of Big Sam and McCarthy, shows why they don’t make the decisions.

Cook would be a great choice should we need a replacement. What he has achieved with Wigan currently is incredible. Probably ready for step up to a bigger club. However, Monk I feel could achieve something here. Not his fault the squad he was given, a load of overpaid, half arsed players.

28 minutes ago, A12owl said:

It's only my opinion but I just don't think he's the right man for the job. Zero charisma. If you think Monks pressers are one dimensional then McC would send you to sleep. 

I never listen to press conferences, regardless of who our manager is.

Not saying McCarthy is the right man to replace Monk, as he’s been out of managing in the Championship for a couple of years now.  But but the main thing that matters is results on the pitch.

Moaning that a manager never cracks any jokes, doesn’t get ‘animated’ on the touch line or rarely smiles, aren’t factors that I care about.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RevOwl said:

I keep reading how fans have list faith in Monk. How he's clueless tactically etc. I for one agree i'm not his biggest fan but if he was to be pushed then who would be the right manager for us? Managers that have been suggested on here are Gareth Ainsworth, Joey Barton, Carl Robinson plus one or two more but who or why would any one of them want this job really apart from the financial side of it? We need a manager that can build a team with a we're in this together mentality and is capable of getting the best out of the rest. He must also know how to handle an owner who's not very clued up on running a football club. Lee Bowyer is probably the only manager that would suit that criteria that might be available over the next few weeks unless Pep or Klopp fancy stepping down a division which i rather doubt. 

Another pointless thread

Chris Hughton would be the best choice from the crop of 'available' managers. 

That being said he wouldn't touch us with a barge pole and I don't blame him. As long as the club continues to be run like a mess we'll never have any success on the pitch. 

It's pointless sacking monk until things change higher up. 

• Like 1

I don't personally think that sacking Monk would be beneficial to us whatsoever, simply because of the current managers who would be available. I don't think there would be much of an upgrade available to us that we could afford. 

That being said, I definitely wouldn't trust him to bring in the players that we need in the transfer window. He signed 11 players at boro and look where they are now. I feel like this upcoming window will be the biggest we've had in years and he needs to get it right. 

We won't get a high profile manager until all the things around the club settle down and the manager knows that he can work without intervention from the top. The fact that Monk is still without the background staff of his choosing speaks a lot.

10 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Anyone is better than Monk literally anyone.

All depends on finance, if we win in court and have some money Jokanovic is the way to go. 

If we want results in a budget McCarthey is the way to go.

But again anyone is better than Monk 

Jos Luhaky is out of a job . . . . . . . . .

I haven't seen anything to suggest he's the man for a major rebuild, but then I'm not sure whose out there who can.

Tbf, this is about as big and difficult job as you can imagine right now. Bit like trying to turn the Titanic around and not having a steering wheel...and the captain of the ship is oblivious to the iceberg.

If his plan going forward is to reduce the age of the squad and sign hungry, younger players then I'm all for that. I just wish we weren't so f00king boring to watch. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, zzmdu said:

Shhhhsh, we not allowed to mention that he's been sacked/left 4 clubs in 5 years.

And on a terrible relegation form 6 month run with us.

So what you suggesting? 

I have no confidence in Monk to do the job that’s required here. Some will agree with me, some won’t.

My opinion has been formed not just on his time here but his time in previous jobs. He’s shown nothing thus far to suggest he’s anywhere near capable of doing the job that needs doing here?

I’ve just read the article in another thread about his acrimonious departure from Birmingham. There are one or two things on the football side of the interview that rings true of his time here so far. Attritional football and a ‘I’m always right attitude’?

In his press conference today he’s tried not for the first time tried to come across as someone who is always thinking of new things to push the club and team forward. He always embraces ideas from various avenues? Despite this wherever he’s been and despite hailing Brendan Rodgers has one of his biggest influences, his style of football has always been eye bleeding sh!t?

Granted he talks a good game and that’s probably what keeps getting him jobs? That and not being relegated yet but that could change very soon. Any relegation here this season wouldn’t be totally down to him but the form and results since Christmas he has to take some responsibility for?

Bottom line whether he’s here for the next 6 months or the next 6 years, I’m not going to come on here and give it the ‘I Told You So’ if I’m right about him and I will hold my hand up if I’m wrong. If he does manage to hold his own here, I see a similar time to Brian Laws’ spell here where it’s relegation battles interspersed with the odd comfortable spell in mid table? The difference between Laws and Monk though is Laws had a likeability about him and Monk unfortunately doesn’t and I see this lack of personality bring a real problem as managers like this invariably fall flat on their face here?

Your managers with the big strong personalities are the ones that invariably succeed here like Charlton and Atkinson and to a lesser extent Carvalhal?

3 minutes ago, Jim said:

I have no confidence in Monk to do the job that’s required here. Some will agree with me, some won’t.

My opinion has been formed not just on his time here but his time in previous jobs. He’s shown nothing thus far to suggest he’s anywhere near capable of doing the job that needs doing here?

I’ve just read the article in another thread about his acrimonious departure from Birmingham. There are one or two things on the football side of the interview that rings true of his time here so far. Attritional football and a ‘I’m always right attitude’?

In his press conference today he’s tried not for the first time tried to come across as someone who is always thinking of new things to push the club and team forward. He always embraces ideas from various avenues? Despite this wherever he’s been and despite hailing Brendan Rodgers has one of his biggest influences, his style of football has always been eye bleeding sh!t?

Granted he talks a good game and that’s probably what keeps getting him jobs? That and not being relegated yet but that could change very soon. Any relegation here this season wouldn’t be totally down to him but the form and results since Christmas he has to take some responsibility for?

Bottom line whether he’s here for the next 6 months or the next 6 years, I’m not going to come on here and give it the ‘I Told You So’ if I’m right about him and I will hold my hand up if I’m wrong. If he does manage to hold his own here, I see a similar time to Brian Laws’ spell here where it’s relegation battles interspersed with the odd comfortable spell in mid table? The difference between Laws and Monk though is Laws had a likeability about him and Monk unfortunately doesn’t and I see this lack of personality bring a real problem as managers like this invariably fall flat on their face here?

Your managers with the big strong personalities are the ones that invariably succeed here like Charlton and Atkinson and to a lesser extent Carvalhal?

I don’t think he even talks a good game

• Like 1