New manager?

20 hours ago, slinger208b said:

I don't understand why it's "change the manager" when the squad has hardly changed. Everyone forgot where we were at the end of last year?

He's not had a year yet, he didn't have pre season and he hasn't brought anyone with him.

I think too many see this as a computer game and believe it's just click your best team every match regardless of anything else.

Support the manager you ******** moaning twats...

Agreed.

Whether Monk is the man or not remains to be seen for me.  We have to give SOMEONE time, it may as well be him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Bruce was the man we needed for that squad. Someone to manage and massage their egos. We’d have probably seen one or two stay.

But Monk now has the chance to mould his team. If we stop up. 

I think we have missed the chance to make a really decisive change anyway. There isn’t a clear candidate that would have a better cv than Monk so it just increases risk. Lee Johnson wouldn’t be a terrible shout but the likes of McCarthy are more short term.

Whoever we have as manager now has a very short window to build a team and that will set our stall for the next couple of years. So pointless doing that and then sacking them unless they completely bomb early next season.

5 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

It's pointless changing the manager again without getting rid of the owner and his whole rotten entourage. 

There needs to be a clear out right through the club and a fresh start free of blacklists, signing players and never playing them. We need someone who can use his subs properly 

We need an owner that doesn't do team talks and pick the team 

isn’t part of the problem that he doesn’t have much of an entourage? 

In terms of potential new manager I would still bet a fairly large sum that we see Carlos back at some point if Chansiri stays

3 hours ago, Royal_D said:

In terms of potential new manager I would still bet a fairly large sum that we see Carlos back at some point if Chansiri stays

I’m not so sure, unless Carlos thought he had unfinished business here, I don’t think he’d risk tarnishing his record of two play offs in his only two full seasons. I would like to see a tactician here though, as I believe, without the resources of the richer clubs, it will need someone who is tactically astute, to give us an advantage of others with more to spend. 
I see no signs that Monk has much tactical nous, and although he’s making the right noises about the squad age profile, that could just as easily have come from the recruitment team Ditto our suggested targets

Edited by gurujuan

24 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I’m not so sure, unless Carlos thought he had unfinished business here, I don’t think he’d risk tarnishing his record of two play offs in his only two full seasons. I would like to see a tactician here though, as I believe, without the resources of the richer clubs, it will need someone who is tactically astute, to give us an advantage of others with more to spend. 
I see no signs that Monk has much tactical nous, and although he’s making the right noises about the squad age profile, that could just as easily have come from the recruitment team Ditto our suggested targets

He had enough to stifle the mastermind Bielsa

• Like 1

On 15/07/2020 at 21:55, slinger208b said:

I don't understand why it's "change the manager" when the squad has hardly changed. Everyone forgot where we were at the end of last year?

He's not had a year yet, he didn't have pre season and he hasn't brought anyone with him.

I think too many see this as a computer game and believe it's just click your best team every match regardless of anything else.

Support the manager you ******** moaning twats...

it's 'change the manager' or rather 'stab him in the back' because his so called 'style' is not of their liking, they want us to be playing around at the back with it all game like qpr did when we leathered them.

ball retention and tippy tappy are ok if you have the BIG money, but at our level it's getting into the opposition, and scoring more than they do.

as for equipping the squad with the ball players needed to play 'total/sexy' football, hands up who wants another £200 on their s/t or £50 for potd?

33 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

you may not have seen 'signs that monk has much tactical nous' but maybe his level of knowledge is tempered by the appalling squad and especially poor forward line he has at his disposal, that he's had to make do with what he had?

also i image that our professional manager would have more than his arm up his sleeve when it came to outsmarting opposition managers, so if that is so, i can fully see why his actions would mystify a mere supporter with a pre set agenda.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Wasn’t Carlos originally coming here as d o f ? Might be a good idea to re-examine that?

a good up and coming young manager with CCs knowledge of the club and football,

carlos/ Ryan Lowe dream team?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

you may not have seen 'signs that monk has much tactical nous' but maybe his level of knowledge is tempered by the appalling squad and especially poor forward line he has at his disposal, that he's had to make do with what he had?

also i image that our professional manager would have more than his arm up his sleeve when it came to outsmarting opposition managers, so if that is so, i can fully see why his actions would mystify a mere supporter with a pre set agenda.

A poor forward line? He inherited Fletcher Jaoao FF Rhodes Winnall Nuihu. If you can’t a few goals out of that lot he has got a problem.

lets just see who he replaces those with for next season, before we acclaim him eh?

11 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Bruce was the man we needed for that squad. Someone to manage and massage their egos. We’d have probably seen one or two stay.

But Monk now has the chance to mould his team. If we stop up. 

I think we have missed the chance to make a really decisive change anyway. There isn’t a clear candidate that would have a better cv than Monk so it just increases risk. Lee Johnson wouldn’t be a terrible shout but the likes of McCarthy are more short term.

Whoever we have as manager now has a very short window to build a team and that will set our stall for the next couple of years. So pointless doing that and then sacking them unless they completely bomb early next season.

Because of the short turnaround between seasons I don’t think we’ll see many players come in. He’s got to bring in at least 2 forwards and maybe another midfielder but he might make do and mend with the rest? It wouldn’t surprise me?