New manager?

I keep reading how fans have list faith in Monk. How he's clueless tactically etc. I for one agree i'm not his biggest fan but if he was to be pushed then who would be the right manager for us? Managers that have been suggested on here are Gareth Ainsworth, Joey Barton, Carl Robinson plus one or two more but who or why would any one of them want this job really apart from the financial side of it? We need a manager that can build a team with a we're in this together mentality and is capable of getting the best out of the rest. He must also know how to handle an owner who's not very clued up on running a football club. Lee Bowyer is probably the only manager that would suit that criteria that might be available over the next few weeks unless Pep or Klopp fancy stepping down a division which i rather doubt. 

39 minutes ago, RevOwl said:

I keep reading how fans have list faith in Monk. How he's clueless tactically etc. I for one agree i'm not his biggest fan but if he was to be pushed then who would be the right manager for us? Managers that have been suggested on here are Gareth Ainsworth, Joey Barton, Carl Robinson plus one or two more but who or why would any one of them want this job really apart from the financial side of it? We need a manager that can build a team with a we're in this together mentality and is capable of getting the best out of the rest. He must also know how to handle an owner who's not very clued up on running a football club. Lee Bowyer is probably the only manager that would suit that criteria that might be available over the next few weeks unless Pep or Klopp fancy stepping down a division which i rather doubt. 

Hopefully that's not the same Carl Robinson who coached the MLS Whitecaps....  I would hate to have to tolerate him TWICE...    That's a definite NO from me on Carl Robinson... Yikes..

2 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Anyone is better than Monk literally anyone.

All depends on finance, if we win in court and have some money Jokanovic is the way to go. 

If we want results in a budget McCarthey is the way to go.

But again anyone is better than Monk 

Try holding your breath until he's gone 🤣lol

Edited by daveyboy66
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Not had a drink tonight mate

I get fed up of the 'let's sack the manager brigade'

I'm firmly in the Monk camp, and have been all along

Wednesday have underperformed for the majority of the last 25 years

Too many older players have used our club as a retirement home

Monk has already started to sort them out

I feel the same way mate. I was just trying to avert DC asking Paxo to get him "Mike Bassett...." 

I’ve not seen anything to convince me that Monk could rebuild us, particularly with a limited budget. That said, there isn’t a realistic alternative that I know who would. Most of the names mentioned would be a gamble. 

7 minutes ago, Django said:

I’d like to see Mick McCarthy brought in for a couple of years or so to sort this shambles out

With a smaller budget, we are at risk of relegation with the players we have, so McCarthy would ensure we remain competitive.

However, I’d be looking for a long term appointment as Director of Football to implement a long term plan for the club, someone like a Kenny Jackett or Michael Appleton type of character to get to grips with the whole structure of the club from a football perspective.

14 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Anyone is better than Monk literally anyone.

All depends on finance, if we win in court and have some money Jokanovic is the way to go. 

If we want results in a budget McCarthey is the way to go.

But again anyone is better than Monk 

We're not in court.

• Like 2