Alex Hunt

I think we need to rein in our expectations. 

His time will come and we need to learn to be more constructive, especially with younger players. I understand its difficult after a loss, but not his fault we

let the ball find it's way across our box and didnt

pick up their main goalscorer, or haul down a player in the box due to being woefully out of position. .

11 minutes ago, vulva said:

Hunt will be a top player. I worry about some of the comments on here. I don’t think they could spot a footballer if he was sat on the settee next to them. 

He’s got a future. Looks tidy enough on the ball. Rest of his game is way off though at this point, at this level. 

Loan move would do him a world of good

3 minutes ago, Lionel Fessi said:

Hmmmm.

Not sure why people seem to rate him so much, whenever he comes on we seem to miss whoever he replaced...

Massive shoes to fill when Lee leaves in the summer, priority should be bringing in a proper CDM that we have been desperate for since 2014.

It’s like a Status Quo gig on here, people  wanting them to play ‘In the Army Now’. Lee et al have had 4 cracks at promotion failed. At some point we need to bring the young lads through. Now is the time. We need to move on. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

He’s got a future. Looks tidy enough on the ball. Rest of his game is way off though at this point, at this level. 

Loan move would do him a world of good

We sent Kirby on loan and he never came back. We’ve got to blood the youth in our team now.  

2 hours ago, cookeh said:

Bannan is and always has been better the further forward he is.
Monk's using him as a 6 because Monk is an idiot.

He's played same way under all mangers since he was moved off left into centre but let's not ruin your agenda and use it as another monk bashing like all your other posts in other threads 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

I’m not sure Hunt deserved this stick He was neat and tidy in what he was trying to do, but I don’t expect him to be bossing our midfield right now For parts, we had the lightweight pairing of him and Bannan trying to wrestle back the midfield. In fairness, I’m more concerned with Luongo. He came with a reputation as a midfielder who can do a bit of everything. For the most part, he’s anonymous 

It's the Wednesday way tho innit?.

Build the young player up then knock him down, hope he does not read any of this crap on here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

He looks a talented boy but still a bit off. But, I do think he shovel stay with the group and we use him on occasions next season in cup games and lesser opposition.

the 6 pointers will be against the “lesser opposition” for us. 

Guest Grez Bez
59 minutes ago, 1867Heaven said:

Hunt is an attacking midfielder

I've only ever seen him play the 'Bannan role' for the U23s

Hunt struggles big time today.

For the first 5-10 mins he looked neat, tidy and confident (like he usually does in his cameos) but then once they started shutting the space down around him he fell apart really. You could see him start to get in between the lines (not in a good way) and then start to second guess himself. A few times they were able to isolate him and take him out of the game completely. 

All of that is to be expected from a guy who has played very little first team football. The opposites were either very talented youngsters or seasoned pros.

I suspect he needs a loan move before being ready, and I hope we get him one as Wildsmith and Dawson have been (are being) harmed by their lack of football IMO

He's not good enough. 

Sorry to disappoint, I'd love him to be but he won't make it for us unless he has to play through relegation or money troubles. 

Do people realise he's not 16, he's 20 and still looks like he's in primary school. Your top top short midfielders have all been at least slightly stocky, hunt is a pipe cleaner. 

He's come from a second division academy that doesn't have a track record of producing top players.... Our last best talent is failing in the Belgian 2nd division for gods sake. 

He will be a professional footballer. He will probably end up at a Lincoln, a Rochdale, a Donny etc etc. Which is not to be sniffed at. 

But please let's not get excited and believe he's going to be exceptional. There's a reason nobody of note is tracking him. Nobody has played him regularly. Now compare that to Bellingham. One will be a brilliant footballer at the top level. One will have a lower league career. 

If he was going to make it he would have made some sort of impact 2 or 3 years ago. 

Sorry but just realistic, in my opinion of course. 

That being said he has much better application than your established pro Adam Bleach 

Yes, give him time. He cannot develop if he is not with the first team and doesn't get those minutes. Today he hopefully learnt a lesson, and you get those only by playing against better players than you are. I agree that a season-long loan would do him good, but while he's here, use him.

1 hour ago, kilbyj said:

He's not good enough. 

Sorry to disappoint, I'd love him to be but he won't make it for us unless he has to play through relegation or money troubles. 

Do people realise he's not 16, he's 20 and still looks like he's in primary school. Your top top short midfielders have all been at least slightly stocky, hunt is a pipe cleaner. 

He's come from a second division academy that doesn't have a track record of producing top players.... Our last best talent is failing in the Belgian 2nd division for gods sake. 

He will be a professional footballer. He will probably end up at a Lincoln, a Rochdale, a Donny etc etc. Which is not to be sniffed at. 

But please let's not get excited and believe he's going to be exceptional. There's a reason nobody of note is tracking him. Nobody has played him regularly. Now compare that to Bellingham. One will be a brilliant footballer at the top level. One will have a lower league career. 

If he was going to make it he would have made some sort of impact 2 or 3 years ago. 

Sorry but just realistic, in my opinion of course. 

That being said he has much better application than your established pro Adam Bleach 

Very harsh, is this based on today or have you watched him regularly?  I thought he looked way off, but it can’t be the easiest team to slot into right now - let’s be fair, our movement in the second half wasn’t great and didn’t give him many targets to hit.  Having said this, I take your point about his age, the ‘promising youngster’ tag won’t last much longer.

1 minute ago, Steve Down South said:

Very harsh, is this based on today or have you watched him regularly?  I thought he looked way off, but it can’t be the easiest team to slot into right now - let’s be fair, our movement in the second half wasn’t great and didn’t give him many targets to hit.  Having said this, I take your point about his age, the ‘promising youngster’ tag won’t last much longer.

I can understand the harsh tag and no I haven't watched him regularly but that's partly my point. Why haven't several managers thought he's been good enough for regular cameos, yes he's come on a handful of times but not regularly and he is 20. 

No doubt he will have a career I just don't think it's going to be at this level or with us, no shame in that however the spaffing of some fans over him is unwarranted. 

At most other clubs after defeat such as we suffered today, fans would blame experienced players, paid fortune to influence games with their supposed quality. Not at Wednesday it seems..

Connor Wickham on loan from Premiership club did very little today.

James Murphy, player that Newcastle forked out close to 10m for and who gets God only knows how much per week here did poorly with our best scoring chances and lost possession quite regularly. Yes h created our only goal, but as so many times this season it was too little, too late for him.

Luongo was poor for most of the game as well, did nothing.

And what of note Lee did in first half ?! Got on ball less then Hunt did and lost it just as much or more, all while less ambitious with his passing.

We lost today because after very good first half Swansea came back determined to fight and get something from the game and we failed to respond, just like we did against WBA in our last game.

I don't think that Hunt is some special prospect, but he is an easy target and it is not far to blame him while more experienced, much better paid players are not pulling their weight.

• Like 2