Alex Hunt

38 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Hunt was awful today. Not ready. Lost momentum as soon as Lee went off.

The 15-minute half-time break may have had something to do with that, rather than being entirely down to one substitution. It’s not like Lee was running the show until then. Just a thought.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Hunt was awful today. Not ready. Lost momentum as soon as Lee went off.

Do you think that we lost momentum because Lee went off ?! We lost it just like we lost it last game against WBA, certainly nothing to do with Hunt coming on. If anything he did better then most in 2'nd half.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bladeshater said:

Shaw gets round the park better than hunt bigger stronger better passing range and an eye for goal

Passing range aside I would say that you are right. Neither is as good or as talented as Grant, though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cookeh said:

Bannan is and always has been better the further forward he is.
Monk's using him as a 6 because Monk is an idiot.

Is he? Or is Bannan just stubborn and wants the ball all the time to takes it upon himself to drop as deep as he possibly can? probably a bit of both.

1 hour ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Hopefully those that were calling for him to start can see he isn’t ready for this level of football yet

Giving him game time will help him be ready. Playing with kids will not.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Needs a loan move

this too. whichever way he does it, he needs expereince at pro level.

half a season or a season in league 1 or 2 next season would do him a lot of good.

• Like 1

Hunt didn't do a lot wrong today, he's not going to be a stand out player due to his position but he was always looking for the positive pass, and forwards too.   At 20 it's make or break for him so it doesn't matter if we are struggling or flying high, if he's going to shine it's time for him to get some game time.

He did give the ball away a couple of times that led to some good attacks for them, so he just needs pulling to one side and having those situations shown to him to allow him to learn.   

He definitely is not a rabbit in the headlights despite his youthful appearance.

I’m not sure Hunt deserved this stick He was neat and tidy in what he was trying to do, but I don’t expect him to be bossing our midfield right now For parts, we had the lightweight pairing of him and Bannan trying to wrestle back the midfield. In fairness, I’m more concerned with Luongo. He came with a reputation as a midfielder who can do a bit of everything. For the most part, he’s anonymous 

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

I’m not sure Hunt deserved this stick He was neat and tidy in what he was trying to do, but I don’t expect him to be bossing our midfield right now For parts, we had the lightweight pairing of him and Bannan trying to wrestle back the midfield. In fairness, I’m more concerned with Luongo. He came with a reputation as a midfielder who can do a bit of everything. For the most part, he’s anonymous 

Luongo has been poor the last 2 games. I think he’s had good games for Wednesday and we’ve been a better team when he plays. Don’t know whether he is fully fit yet. 

Can't pretend to have seen much of him before, but to me looks like there's a player in there the few times I have seen him.

Few starts or some good game time could do wonders for him. 

I know one things for sure, there are players who are much more deserving of criticism ( if owlstalk really have to give the usual) 

9 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Luongo has been poor the last 2 games. I think he’s had good games for Wednesday and we’ve been a better team when he plays. Don’t know whether he is fully fit yet. 

4 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Luongo was superb against Bristol.

Decent first half today. Made tackles and can’t remember him losing it or misplacing a pass. Anonymous 2nd half but he’s a good player.

For someone of his supposed quality, we rightly should expect more He doesn’t boss games, and goes missing on too many occasions. He’s exactly the type of player we need, but he needs to influence games a lot more A midfield containing both him and Bannan, should be creating a lot more

Hunt is 20. Not in football term. Sibley at Derby is 2 years younger and scoring hat tricks this level. 

Our only way out of this is youth. We’ve got to throw them in and gamble. 

1 minute ago, vulva said:

Hunt will be a top player. I worry about some of the comments on here. I don’t think they could spot a footballer if he was sat on the settee next to them. 

Hmmmm.

Not sure why people seem to rate him so much, whenever he comes on we seem to miss whoever he replaced...

Massive shoes to fill when Lee leaves in the summer, priority should be bringing in a proper CDM that we have been desperate for since 2014.

• Like 1