I have to be honest, I think Da Cruz is a long way short. He is a fit, quick lad and as we saw today is direct. But his movement and the way he plays is like something from a pub team. He doesn’t seem to run off the ball with any sort of timing or guile and is often running across other players or into areas with no space. It makes him an absolute wildcard. Very hard to defend against but equally very hard to have a team mate like that.

he would need a lot of work and would be one hell of a roll of the dice if we signed him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fudge27 said:

I don't mean aggression in a physical sense. I meant in an attacking instinctive sense. 

He reacts to through balls instead of being on the move (but that can be developed with experience) 

What stands out for me is 3 times today he got onto the ball, had his full back 1 on 1. There I want him to take his man on and deliver or cut inside open the overlap and drive in, instead he protects the ball, slows the game and plays the ball 35 yards back. That area needs to be better 

sounds like Marco Matias on the wing! 

23 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

WTF?

Murphy was superb today ! 

19 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

552762689_DownVote1.gif.172f0310267266ad702992c43ba995ff.gif

LOL guess I wasn't seeing something others were, just saw a bunch of times he seemed sluggish and lacked effort to get on the ball, certainly not as good as he was prior to the football stopping, obviously totally different formation which doesn't favour him.

2 hours ago, gizowl said:

Never mind starting a new thread on a different player, what about finishing the one you started on Nuhui and applauding him for his fine contribution to our win today or can't you stomach a piece of humble pie?

I like Nuhiu. My thread was just a tongue in cheek laugh at Brian the Blade for being obsessed with Wednesday. 

You’ve completely got the wrong end of the stick here. Also I wasn’t ignoring your post just missed it. 

But thanks for hunting me down through every section of Owlstalk to try and prove a point where there was no point to prove. Odd.

lol

Ran the channels well I thought and got us throw ins in their third to slow the game down. He could have had a go at beating his man a few times, but having conceded one the aim was to shut up shop. Hed be getting pelters on here if he lost the ball and we were put back under pressure. Hes also from italian football. Their aim is always to keep the ball until the opposition dies of old age. He still needs to adapt to the championship way

9 hours ago, Miffed said:

I wouldn’t 

Rhodes and Wickham looked alright together. He might not always have the legs but Rhodes held the ball up well and the two looked like they could play off each other.

Rhodes looked, and is, garbage. 

11 minutes ago, Alan said:

Rhodes looked, and is, garbage. 

Rhodes is useless. hes finished. 

Will do well in L1 / L2 for a few years after he’s left us.

thought da Cruz looked way off pre break - have been impressed with him last two games.

I thought he did more in 15 minutes than Rhodes in his time on the pitch. Thought he gave the defenders more to think about and forced them into weaker clearances and mistakes due to his pace in closing them down. He also can create something from nothing - Rhodes does neither of these things. 
Think we should give him more game time and see what he can do over longer periods 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

He’s added a yard of pace since he first got here. On first sights, wasn’t good enough. Not sure now. Be interesting with a full preseason behind him.  

See if he lasts long enough to earn the Booth song 

Der der    der der der der der DA.Cruz

Saves us a der

• Haha 1

On 28/06/2020 at 14:26, SallyCinnamon said:

A few people slating him, but I don’t think he’s that bad. 

Works hard, runs into the channels and has a bit of something on the ball. Made the keeper pull off a good save and win us a corner to see the game out.

Assist last week for the equaliser.

Am I missing something? Not a world beater but not this pub player some people are comparing him to.

I'm still pretty convinced he's rubbish, although he's been better in his brief appearances since the restart.

On 28/06/2020 at 23:54, fudge27 said:

I don't mean aggression in a physical sense. I meant in an attacking instinctive sense. 

He reacts to through balls instead of being on the move (but that can be developed with experience) 

What stands out for me is 3 times today he got onto the ball, had his full back 1 on 1. There I want him to take his man on and deliver or cut inside open the overlap and drive in, instead he protects the ball, slows the game and plays the ball 35 yards back. That area needs to be better 

Except as we were 2-1 up with few mins left then he was doing exactly the right thing trying to keep the ball and run clock down