THE EFL HEARING THREAD

5 minutes ago, dumboldowl said:

A lot of us are retired (like me) and many more of us are furloughed because of the virus, and have nothing better to do. If we knew where the hearing is being held we could travel down in an unruly  manner and demonstrate, pull some statues down, etc, and wave WAWAW banners. Do you think it might help ?

If not, we could all sit down outside and take off our shoes.  If that didn't do the trick then we are doomed...........................................doomed I tell you.

Here is the news:-

A group of violent right wing thugs today descended on the court hearing involving guilty Sheffield Wednesday and the claimants in the right, the EFL.

It is patently obvious that this mob of aggressive neo nazis were on the rampage clearly looking for trouble. This was borne out by their violent reaction to a totally peaceful counter demonstration by the 'Steve Gibson Matters' group who were peacefully hurling bricks & bicycles at them. 

The Police commended them saying this peaceful counter demonstration acted with considerable restraint with only a small proportion of the bricks hurled, finding their intended targets.

A couple of the right wing mob including Rickygoo & Grandad were charged with wasting Police & hospital time whilst having fragments of brick removed from their heads in the local infirmary. 

One Police officer was taken to hospital with a Werther (hurled by the Nazi thugs) stuck in his throat.

He was quoted as saying "This hooligan, known as 'Geoffrey' to the hooligan firm (the particular branch known as the South Stand Casuals), knew damn well that the confection in question would be eaten in evidence with the resulting constriction of the windpipe that ensued. We will be calling for the maximum sentence to be imposed. These violent right wing thugs need to be taught a lesson".

We will also be asking for the Steve Gibson matters group to be re imbursed for the cost of the peacefully thrown bricks.  

The bicycle, peacefully thrown at a police horse has been hurled into the river as it was manufactured by Raleigh & is seen as  a blatant symbol of  the right wing capitalist hierarchy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

18 minutes ago, billyblack said:

apart from the company owned by DC wasnt actually in existence at the time the sale was proposed to have happened..

Enter the Delorean and 1.21 GW

It didn't have to be, there just needed to be a document in place by the end of the relevant accounting period stating an intention to sell. The buyer does not have to be specified & any company buying does not need to be in existance at that point. Seems odd i know but one or two of our members with financial expertise stated this at the time the charges were brought.

Edited by mogbad
  • Love 2

8 minutes ago, Nero said:

The very legitimate ground sale took us to break even almost so we can still lose quite a bit in the 18/19 FY and be within the P&ISS regs.

Then they get torn up.

its a 3 year rolling cycle so for last season its the £21m loss from 16/17, the £2m profit from 17/18 and what ever last years account where, anymore than £20m loss and we have broke the limit again.

This season rolling 3 is £2m profit if accepted, last years figure and this season figures.

For the 2017/18 season to the 2018/19 season, We got rid of Loovens and Wallace, Sold Hunt and loaned out Rhodes, But signed Iorfa and Hector and Onamah on loan and the two lads from Newcastle in January, we still had Westwood, Hutch, Abdi, Jones, Winnall, Hooper, Fessi, Fletcher. I would hazard a guess the losses for the year to 31 July 2019 will be pretty high unless the Joao transfer on the 6th August is backdated in July.

• Haha 1

Everyone should chill, I am convinced we will be fine although no way this will  end at the weekend, unless as I said previously a deal is done that both parties are happy with. Expect protracted legal shinnanigans for sometime. 

3 hours ago, room0035 said:

in 2015/16 we got to Wembley 

With a team made up of a lot of loan players that we eventually signed, Pudil, Forestieri, Hooper, Lopez, Turner, Mcgeagy that season that ended in Wembley we as a club spent £19.2m on players and club staff wages, in 2016/17 that figure had increased to £29.3m, in 2017/18 season that figure was up to £42.4m this does not include players transfer fee so up to the 2017/18 season we had spent £91m on wages alone.

The playing squad from the play off final season after 1st July still at the club Bannan, Westwood, Palmer, Lees, Lee all signed on frees, after that season we signed Abdi, Rhodes, Reach, JVA. We paid big figures for loan deals for Murphy, Wickham, Windass, McManaman, Hector Omamah to name a few.

And how much did we have come into the club in that period? If we spent £100m and received £99m, we've only "wasted" £1m. You can't just use one side of the figures to suit your own agenda I'm afraid.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

Everyone should chill, I am convinced we will be fine although no way this will  end at the weekend, unless as I said previously a deal is done that both parties are happy with. Expect protracted legal shinnanigans for sometime. 

Don't talk crap, you, me and everybody on here has no idea what's going to happen. For my part I'm worried, very worried but I'm a born pessimist.

4 minutes ago, Minton said:

And how much did we have come into the club in that period? If we spent £100m and received £99m, we've only "wasted" £1m. You can't just use one side of the figures to suit your own agenda I'm afraid.

How much has come in....substantially less than has gone out which is the source of this mess.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Minton said:

We have lost in DC 5 years £10m in the play off final year, £21m in the season after and made £2m profit after getting £35m profit from the sale of the stadium so without the sale of the stadium we had lost £68m in 3 season, add to that the losses from last season which will probably be in the £15-20m bracket and the losses from this season which with the sale of Joao could still be £10m.

So 5 years of DC we have lost in the region of £90-100m not including the sale of the stadium to himself, taking into account all of the monies that have come in from transfer and fans.

Because no finance statements are available for July 2019 or July 2020 we can only assume based on the players we have sold or bought but all of the higher earners Boyd, Jones, Abdi, Hooper, Matias, Pudil  etc did not leave until July 2019 so the losses for that season will be similar to those of 2018.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, mogbad said:

It didn't have to be, there just needed to be a document in place by the end of the relevant accounting period stating an intention to sell. The buyer does not have to be specified & any company buying does not need to be in existance at that point. Seems odd i know but one or two of our members with financial expertise stated this at the time the charges were brought.

Well if this is truly the case then i have no idea why the EFL have a case to charge us. This is i can tell, the only thing that seems to be amiss (apart from the blatant mismanagement to get us here in the first place).

If the EFLs argument was cut and dried surely the verdict would be in by now? I can't help but feel none of this would be happening if Gibson and his cronies hadn't complained. Also think it might have caught the EFL by surprise as what usaually happens in these cases the clubs involved say sorry sir wont do it a again sir instead the clubs involved have said bring it on see you in court.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

We have lost in DC 5 years £10m in the play off final year, £21m in the season after and made £2m profit after getting £35m profit from the sale of the stadium so without the sale of the stadium we had lost £68m in 3 season, add to that the losses from last season which will probably be in the £15-20m bracket and the losses from this season which with the sale of Joao could still be £10m.

So 5 years of DC we have lost in the region of £90-100m not including the sale of the stadium to himself, taking into account all of the monies that have come in from transfer and fans.

Because no finance statements are available for July 2019 or July 2020 we can only assume based on the players we have sold or bought but all of the higher earners Boyd, Jones, Abdi, Hooper, Matias, Pudil  etc did not leave until July 2019 so the losses for that season will be similar to those of 2018.

its all going well though 😀

perhaps our chief exec can help us with some kind of direction 

oh

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Well if this is truly the case then i have no idea why the EFL have a case to charge us. This is i can tell, the only thing that seems to be amiss (apart from the blatant mismanagement to get us here in the first place).

Probably the document in question was on an email dated July 2019 :duntmatter: 12 months after it should have been dated. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Probably the document in question was on an email dated July 2019 :duntmatter: 12 months after it should have been dated. 

well either way, why those 2 whole points take a week to clarify i have no idea, should take 5 minutes

5 minutes ago, billyblack said:

well either way, why those 2 whole points take a week to clarify i have no idea, should take 5 minutes

As a fan I don't care if we get off on a technicality or we have a suspended sentence or what ever way we don't get a points deduction, because we need not to lose the points. The club is in such a mess both off and on the pitch, we could struggle to fill the bench after the Bristol City game if not out of contracts are retained.

But if it does happen and is less than 13 points we still have 8 games to get enough points to stay up. It could galvanise the team. 

For me a decision has to be made one way or the other this cannot drag on any longer than this week. But s mentioned I suspect it will.

3 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

Here’s a question, if the EFL dropped all charges, and were then found to have misled DC and the club and were forced to apologise for wasting everyone’s time, would folk still want DC out of the club?

You could argue all kinds of things around loss of earnings (crowds being down), team affected by pending hearing (dramatic downturn in form post xmas), defamation (suggestion they have tried to cheat).

Personally in these circumstances I think keep quiet and get on with it.  Don't shake the cage once you've got off with it, you never know when you'll have to fight them again.

Just not bothered...

6 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

Here’s a question, if the EFL dropped all charges, and were then found to have misled DC and the club and were forced to apologise for wasting everyone’s time, would folk still want DC out of the club?

I do, irrespective. 

• Like 1