THE EFL HEARING THREAD

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Then if we do get off presumable Derby will also and Reading.

Who ever finishes in the bottom 3 will appeal relegation as we would potentially go down in their place.

For me the easiest way is to say we found a loop hole, someone at the EFL drop the ball on this, the Owls are hit with a suspended penalty that if we break the losses rule for the next 3 season we will be hit with an automatic points loss of x points and hopefully everyone goes away happy.

That is of course until our next accounts are published and the brown stuff hits the fan again.

Very good point about the next accounts. Did I read a while ago we have delayed handing them in? Let’s prey they are all above board and they get signed off. 

• Haha 1

I suspect DC has a little get out of jail free card somewhere.  One email or letter where the EFL guidance is sufficiently ambiguous or unclear for us to conclude we were OK doing what we did.  If I were him I would do this Perry Mason style - let the whole thing run its course, and just before the summing up and the guilty verdict, stand up and say

'Sirs,a last minute intervention. I call witness for the defence Mr Steve Gibson to the stand'

'Mr Gibson,  I hand you exhibit A.  Please, Mr Gibson, could you read exhibit A , a letter from the EFL to Sheffield Wednesday approving this transaction as allowable and within the rules.'

Thank you Mr Gibson.  Enjoy League 1.'

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Very good point about the next accounts. Did I read a while ago we have delayed handing them in? Let’s prey they are all above board and they get signed off. 

if we win the case, then the same day DC will sell the stadium back to us, then buy it back for 140m, and backdate it into the late accounts and then publish them with a picture of him flipping the bird on the front page.

• Haha 3

Guest Grandad
8 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

The EFL will have seen these already due to league regulations

Weve only delayed sending to Companies House 

A lot of us are retired (like me) and many more of us are furloughed because of the virus, and have nothing better to do. If we knew where the hearing is being held we could travel down in an unruly  manner and demonstrate, pull some statues down, etc, and wave WAWAW banners. Do you think it might help ?

If not, we could all sit down outside and take off our shoes.  If that didn't do the trick then we are doomed...........................................doomed I tell you.

• Haha 3

Guest Grandad

(Don't forget those accounts are for last season and up to 31st July 2019 - and by the time they are due will be a year old)

19 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

if we win the case, then the same day DC will sell the stadium back to us, then buy it back for 140m, and backdate it into the late accounts and then publish them with a picture of him flipping the bird on the front page.

Which if there is no FFP next season he could.....gift the stadium back to us...buy it again on the last day of the 20/21 accounting period.... renaming it gibsonborough

1 minute ago, rafterowl said:

I am really enjoying this thread, so many plots and sub plots. Probably one of the greatest works of fiction ever written, must be worth at least a Booker Prize.garymegson

I did my usual. Just dived in without reading anything, giving my opinions.

I have absolutely no clue where we are up to with this, but that won’t stop me offering views. 

I do worry about Mr C though. I’m sure that nobody has explained to him that “We’re Sheffield Wednesday, we’ll do what we want” has no legal grounds for support.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Grandad said:

The EFL will have seen these already due to league regulations

Weve only delayed sending to Companies House 

maybe this is the new information we have the sale of the stadium in both sets of accounts :duntmatter:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Brentford are not the only club in the championship getting good young players and improving them then selling on, and improving their team and club. 

If you don't want Brentford use the Bristol City model, the Preston North End model both teams who produce good youth or buy lower league players improve them and sell on for more.

Quite.

Ignoring any other clubs model and just looking at our transfer record over the last 20+ years tells you everything you need to know.

Dire.

1 hour ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

A principal in English law is that a Gentlemen word is his honour. In DC case there is no dispute of his intent or the date which that intent was to come into play. There can be no contention because the spoken contract was between two companies wholly owned by DC. ( That date was a best fit to improve the status of SWFC) Whatever a scribe may have written consequently is of no consequence and makes no sense in terms of DC improving the fortunes of his club.  

apart from the company owned by DC wasnt actually in existence at the time the sale was proposed to have happened..

Enter the Delorean and 1.21 GW

• Haha 1

Guest gizowl

I bet the 3 man panel are totally bamboozled with everything that's gone off and go straight to the nearest bar at the end of each day. 

22 minutes ago, Grandad said:

(Don't forget those accounts are for last season and up to 31st July 2019 - and by the time they are due will be a year old)

The very legitimate ground sale took us to break even almost so we can still lose quite a bit in the 18/19 FY and be within the P&ISS regs.

Then they get torn up.