THE EFL HEARING THREAD

6 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

yeah probably so. Would love to know what the new evidence is. 

Does it matter the long and short of it is, does the panel think we are right to include the stadium sale in the 2018 account and the EFL signed off on it or we should have included the sale in probably the 2019 accounts at the earliest.

Should we lose and the EFL win, we get the point deduction and what have you come next set of account due to be filed shortly can we use the stadium sale in them or will it also be excluded?

1 hour ago, bigthinrob said:

"Just the never ending belief among the usual suspects that anyone, no matter who or where from, anyone, would be better than the present incumbent".

I don't recall asking for specific names, I was talking about the availability of the types of individuals who A:- have the resources,

B:- The inclination & C:- The experience who would automatically be BETTER than DC.

DC had two of those aspects. How many would have all three?

Looking at the touted list last time, we'd have been lucky to find anyone with one of those. An Azerbaijan crook, & an assortment of local wannabes's with about 30 bob between them, no experience & not a great deal of inclination, other than the inclination for self publicity.

We  are standing on the very edge of a financial crash far greater than that of 1929 and someone asks who is going to spaff somewhere in the region of £140m plus repair costs of  a similar figure n order to just stand still. Astounding !

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

One of the things I find odd is that if we really do have evidence saying we had permission about the ground sale and we could put it in to said years accounts why are we still being perused by the EFL? Surely there would be no case to answer and it wouldn’t have been decided to go before a panel? 

It's very odd & dispite the mistakes DC has made during his ownwership I don't believe that he would have gone through with the stadium sale if he didn't believe he had permission to do so from the EFL.

As others have said we don't know the contents of the further information that th EFL claims to have & why didn't they ask for this information prior to allowing the sale to be put into the said years accounts. More worryingly is it information that the club witheld.

We also don't know if any caveats were incuded in the permission from the EFL. They may have said "based on the information supplied we will allow the stadium sale to be included in the said years accounts but should any further information come to light that contradicts the information supplied then we reserve the right to carry out an investigation & take any necessary disciplinary action".

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ljhowl said:

It's as much about the ability to attract players. Let's see, go to Hull or Sheffield or .....London. I'm NOT knocking Sheffield but, well, you know.....

but if you grow up in Sheff (or anywhere in South Yorks.  East Mids, Lincolnshre, West Yorks and even Greater Manchester) you ain't going to join Brentford academy. 

Yes they have a big catchment area and can pick up from other clubs like you say, but we are also in the middle of a large population area with decent transport links.  Geographically I think we are better placed than many other clubs. Obviously there is lots of competition also in same catchment area, but same for Brentford too.

Any although their catchment is big, I am not sure you can view London as one catchment area.  They are in West London which isn't the easiest to get to from alot of other areas across London - not impossible by any means, but you could be talking a couple of hours travel each way from other side of London.

14 minutes ago, Jim said:

I’ve said countless times before that the EFL in it’s current form will be no more sometime in the near future and Premier League 2 is an inevitability?

The irony is when PL 2 is on the horizon there will be a certain chairman up in Teeside who will want to be at the forefront of it? 🙄 I hope he’s told to do one by the majority? 

Keep seeing this about a PL2 but not seen anyone explain how it works?

Rename the Championship PL2 and then the current PL will give it half their money?

Obviously that’s not going to happen so does anyone have any idea how it will happen?

6 minutes ago, Nero said:

It is a big plus that our case is strong enough to attract a barrister with a great rep. Frankly if we had no chance Nick De Marco probably wouldn't be representing us. Losses dont look good on Barristers CVs no matter what the money.

This is pretty much what's stopping my putting my mortgage on us getting relegated.

• Like 1

Just not bothered...

Just now, Owling with laughter said:

Rename the Championship PL2 and then the current PL will give it half their money?

Obviously that’s not going to happen so does anyone have any idea how it will happen?

My guess is that the Premier League would govern what is now the championship and any TV money would be a deal that would cover both divisions? By no means a certainty but the way things are financially and the way the EFL goes about governing it’s clubs make it more and more inevitable IMO?

4 minutes ago, Owling with laughter said:

Presumably the sticking point would be coming to an agreement with the PL and EFL to manage promotions/relegations? There's no guarantee those organisations would agree to accept clubs from a "PL2".

10 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

One line in an email that can be construed more than one way....we think it means this, they think it means something else

Or someone Comms that conflict with what has been said before, can't help but think that this will be decided over a technicality

be very sad if a technicality resulted in a big point deduction. 

21 minutes ago, billyblack said:

I just think we had agreement to sell the ground. I cant believe for one moment that the EFL would agree to us backdating it for a year.

Understand where you're coming from but the EFL accepted the accounts inclusive of the stadium sale & lifted the embargo. If the stadium sale wasn't allowed to be in that years accounts we would have broken the £39m over 3 years P&S loss limits, the embargo would have remained & we would have been immediately charged by the EFL for the breach the £39m loss limit.

5 minutes ago, mogbad said:

It's very odd & dispite the mistakes DC has made during his ownwership I don't believe that he would have gone through with the stadium sale if he didn't believe he had permission to do so from the EFL.

As others have said we don't know the contents of the further information that th EFL claims to have & why didn't they ask for this information prior to allowing the sale to be put into the said years accounts. More worryingly is it information that the club witheld.

We also don't know if any caveats were incuded in the permission from the EFL. They may have said "based on the information supplied we will allow the stadium sale to be included in the said years accounts but should any further information come to light that contradicts the information supplied then we reserve the right to carry out an investigation & take any necessary disciplinary action".

I do wonder if DC own word could cost him, I seem to remember him saying the season after these accounts are for that  would miss FFP by an 8 figure sum. Not something you would say if you had already 6 months early sold the stadium to cover the losses.

This was from an article on the BBC in July 19 after we filed out last accounts, presumable some on here were at that forum can confirm if the below is true-

In December, Mr Chansiri told a fans forum the club had broken the financial rules by an eight-figure sum - so at least £10m. Now for the same accounting period, Wednesday are showing a profit.

So if the ground had already been sold, or a contract was in place to sell it, why didn't Sheffield Wednesday tell anyone about it at that fans forum and put fans' minds at ease?

And why does the land registry still show (July 19) Sheffield Wednesday as the owners of Hillsborough if it was sold months, possibly years ago?

27 minutes ago, ljhowl said:

No what I'm saying is I'm sick of everyone harping on about the Brentford model, when it is totally irrelevant to us - and the vast majority of clubs - because of their circumstances. DC took a punt. Huge upside but rather significant (as we have been learning for the last couple of years) downside. But he's still throwing money in and fighting all the way. Long may that continue. Eventually he'll even be able to throw that money at players rather than QCs.

Why is there model of making  sound investment decisions on players irrelevant us. Explain?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mogbad said:

Understand where you're coming from but the EFL accepted the accounts inclusive of the stadium sale & lifted the embargo. If the stadium sale wasn't allowed to be in that years accounts we would have broken the £39m over 3 years P&S loss limits, the embargo would have remained & we would have been immediately charged by the EFL for the breach the £39m loss limit.

Why would they not accept them? Doesnt mean whats been submitted is not open to scrutiny. We can submit we want. Whether its following rules or regulations is the next part.