THE EFL HEARING THREAD

16 minutes ago, Modfather100 said:

It is but I feel a disconnect with the club like I have never done before.

Hate it but Chansiri has got a lot to answer for. Yes the play off season was great but at what cost? I hate what he has done to my club. Yes it is still my club and thats why it hurts so much.

I quite like chansiri he went in a direction he threw money at it he was foolhardy and he's paying massively now with keeping the club afloat single handedly but the guy had a go

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Slightly off topic but have you seen how much Brum are getting for that Bellingham. Wish we had a player we could sell for that amount, will really help them going forward. 26 million, crazy money. 

Imagine if he broke through sometime over the last couple of years, one mistake or poor performance and the fans would be straight on his back and booing him whilst cheering for their hero Forestieri.

5 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

I quite like chansiri he went in a direction he threw money at it he was foolhardy and he's paying massively now with keeping the club afloat single handedly but the guy had a go

I get its a game of opinions but Inwas never happy with the things Chansiri did.

Getting rid of the stripes for a period, changing the badge, crazy season ticket schemes, ridiculous match day prices, putting his name on the shirts and stand, ridiculous companies sponsoring us. I know some things are to try and circumnavigate ffp but talk about selling our soul.

To do all that and then chuck ridiculous amounts of money at the dross we have had, not to mention stuffing bloke, well I'm sorry if after all that you still "quite like Chansiri" I can only assume you are either from the dark side of the city or I need a shot of what you're drinking.

We should be top 10 in the Prem minimum.

Instead we're in the top 5 of basket case clubs and it is ultimately one man's fault. Bloody hope this verdict is delivered soon and we can move on wherever we find ourselves. I just hope if it's bad, it's the wake up call our owner needs to take a step back at the very least.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

Once sat on the bog for the whole match at an away game at Stoke.

Had already shat in the coach park and used my boxers as bog roll.

Got wazzed on and nonced same day (long story, told before) and managed to avoid a major accident all day before shatting myself about 50 yards from my front door.

My mum just said, “I told you you were too ill to go.” I was literally covered in shiiiite.

:duntmatter:

Just feel for the bloke sat next to you on the coach 😞

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Modfather100 said:

Why's that then?

Cos we have chairman who is shy with his wallet ?

I just wish we were like Brentford never out of the lower tier, never been in the top tier and 10,000 happy fans.

Guest mkowl
1 hour ago, the third man said:

So according to the terms of the purchase when are the instalments due?

Well the contract is not public domain info for one.

The accounts suggest it will be paid in 8 equal instalments of 7.5m.

So when DC is funding the club the idea I am guessing was to allocate 7.5m of funds in settlement of that and any balance will increase his shareholder loan 

So he would put money into Sheffield 5 as a shareholder loan, for it to pay the instalment to Swfc.

Hardly rocket science 

And in a connected company / quasi group transaction then the fact the balance was outstanding is fairly standard. The fact Maguire was comparing it to a sale of an house shows how commercially uneducated he is 

11 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

If we are found guilty of this do we really deserve the same point deduction as Wigan will be getting? Isn’t going in to admin, not paying people etc worse than what we are accused of? 

That is possibly the most positive post you have made in this entire thread, keep it up! 

1 hour ago, Modfather100 said:

I get its a game of opinions but Inwas never happy with the things Chansiri did.

Getting rid of the stripes for a period, changing the badge, crazy season ticket schemes, ridiculous match day prices, putting his name on the shirts and stand, ridiculous companies sponsoring us. I know some things are to try and circumnavigate ffp but talk about selling our soul.

To do all that and then chuck ridiculous amounts of money at the dross we have had, not to mention stuffing bloke, well I'm sorry if after all that you still "quite like Chansiri" I can only assume you are either from the dark side of the city or I need a shot of what you're drinking.

Instead we're in the top 5 of basket case clubs and it is ultimately one man's fault. Bloody hope this verdict is delivered soon and we can move on wherever we find ourselves. I just hope if it's bad, it's the wake up call our owner needs to take a step back at the very least.

Yeah, I remember you saying all this sh*t at the time on here.

With your foresight you should be running a football club not pretending to support one. 

Reckon they'd be top 10 in the Prem in no time.

Very rare you come across such a true visionary as yourself..

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

28 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

If we are found guilty of this do we really deserve the same point deduction as Wigan will be getting? Isn’t going in to admin, not paying people etc worse than what we are accused of? 

Administration or misconduct, tough call. 

31 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I would find it difficult to applaud or criticise any verdict without knowing all the facts of the case.  I'm still hopeful the case will be dismissed and the club found not guilty of wrong doing.  I keep trying to balance the views on here by being optimistic but its not working very well so far.

• Like 1