THE EFL HEARING THREAD

Guest mrbluesky
2 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I’m looking forward to our new red home kit.

:duntmatter:

Christ!, you really have done it now!!!!

I`m going for 3,5568548648096460863486340634068406340683643064306436806340634068046 pages 

13 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Not odd at all, maybe he thinks holding that £60m in cash in other assets that actually generate a return for him is s better way to manage his capital?

May be s newsflash but we lose money every year like nearly every EFL club, this requires annual cash pumping in by owner, structure of deal means this cash flow deficiency can be met by the purchaser payments on the ground sale.

Well said Teach !

Guest mrbluesky
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

You're wrong.

Very wrong.

You seem be lashing out today.. Peter Loehmann..  The Sheffield Star Lads....

What's up?

He`s over the limit, is my guess.

10 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Personally I think it would be shocking starting next season in the Championship on -12 or -21.

You got to have a real dedicated team to approach that in a positive way.

Starting next season on -21 in the championship or relegation to league one

Well if we start next season on minus 21 we would need about 70 points to stay up something we have managed 2 in the last 8 years in the championship and both were in play off qualifying teams. So we probably then get relegated and have to then get promoted. Or we get relegated this season and win promotion to be back in the championship in the 21/22 season. It a horrid thought that relegation could be better.

5 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Starting next season on -21 in the championship or relegation to league one

Well if we start next season on minus 21 we would need about 70 points to stay up something we have managed 2 in the last 8 years in the championship and both were in play off qualifying teams. So we probably then get relegated and have to then get promoted. Or we get relegated this season and win promotion to be back in the championship in the 21/22 season. It a horrid thought that relegation could be better.

you really think we would come straight back up? Didn’t work out like that last time. Was it a 16th place finish in our first season in league one? 

22 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Player wage registration, salary and all cost are inflated in the 2018 accounts as they cover a 16% longer accounting period.  

Hooper etc   left in June and will have been paid upto end July.  I believe when contracts expire 30 June players then get a 1 month payment.

Clear positive sign us the post's from Nixon on Twitter that we are chasing decent players who would command decent transfer fees.

We don't know the 2019 accounts results but club do so must be room in budget

Lets hope so and we are not just trying to get players in before the accounts are.

32 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

how does he come to the conclusion we would survive by 2 points? 

26 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Dunno mate, not read it.

8 point deduction, 2 points from remaining 2 games, finishing on 50 in 18th.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

you really think we would come straight back up? Didn’t work out like that last time. Was it a 16th place finish in our first season in league one? 

We go down and the squad restructuring goes to a new level as we would most certainly lose the likes of Bannan, Reach, Iorfa, Borner and Luongo?

Guest Bulgaria

Bit harsh on the star regarding scoops..

They beat the exchange and Mart, and Auto trader for putting in my advert for selling a Datsun 120y in 1983.

Edited by Bulgaria

13 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I was trying to say that given the choice of relegation or starting with -21 points next season.

Based on needing possible 70 points if we got a -21 point deduction and we have only achieve that total in the two play off season. Would we be better taking the relegation instead of the points deduction as we would probably get relegate if we started on -21.

I don't want relegation but if DC does not change his ways it is coming soon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Bit harsh on the star regarding scoops..

They beat the exchange and Mart, and Auto trader for putting in my advert for selling a Datsun 120y in 1983.

I don't know but they are pretty up to date on the match report, the latest one being the Preston game though I though we had played QPR and Huddersfield since then but maybe The Star are working on a different time zone. lol

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/match-reports

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I don't know but they are pretty up to date on the match report, the latest one being the Preston game though I though we had played QPR and Huddersfield since then but maybe The Star are working on a different time zone. lol

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/match-reports

Took me literally five seconds to prove you wrong

Article 1 on the Huddersfield game - https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/huff-puff-nothing-blown-down-sheffield-wednesdays-bore-draw-huddersfield-town-2913671

Article 2 on the Huddersfield game - https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/didnt-get-chances-sheffield-wednesday-player-ratings-clash-huddersfield-town-2913669

Article 3 on the Huddersfield game - https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/cardboard-cutouts-will-be-thrilled-sheffield-wednesdsy-fans-react-goalless-draw-against-huddersfield-town-2913673

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop