THE EFL HEARING THREAD

6 minutes ago, room0035 said:

We may get off we might not.

The problem is in 2 weeks our figures for the 2018/19 season 31st July 2019 accounts, need to be filed with Companies House, if we get off now we cannot make more than a £20.8m loss after P&S allowable deductions or we are once again in trouble. The case currently without the sale of the stadium would have meant a £35m loss, do you think the 18/19 season figures were £15m better than the 17/18 figures.

I hope we get off but it is delaying what will eventually happen.

If we delay filing the figures as I fully expect will be the case, then the EFL will prevent us from signing players (placed under an embargo) until we do, so we start the summer rebuilding under Monk unable to sign any players.

Sorry you are a bit out with your figures and not considering some points that are pertinent.

The loss allowed for P&S rules is not simply the figure from the accounts, there are allowable costs you can add back, so loss excluding ground sale (and loss in 2017 accounts) would be less

Second need to consider that the 2018 accounts covered a 14month period not a year.  Important because income in June & July is negligible but wage cost is very high so the extension likely adds a few million in pure loss on the ongoing activities.

• Like 1

Nobody answered my question re. the timing.

Would this case have been heard earlier if it wasn’t for Covid i.e. punishment this season or would it have been held now i.e. punishment (if guilty) next season?

It is a very important question, does anyone know the answer?

11 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

I understand the thought process here but don’t fully agree. 

Arguably, if you’re gonna get a point deduction, it doesn’t matter when it happens as long as it’s before the season ends. Whatever points you have at the time is irrelevant. 

If the argument is ‘well if we have 10 games left we can do summat about it’ doesn’t sit with me. Arguably the players (not just our current bunch) wouldn’t be up for that battle anyway, having been ok then suddenly dropped into relegation spot. 

Wigan are different. They’ve been shafted by their owner and the management / players / fans are furious and they’ll fight. 

Wigan currently sit 12 points outside the relegation zone and a vastly better goal difference (thanks to Hull). They have been galvanized by a very good manager and have played good footballer over the last 10 games. 

Edited by room0035

9 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Sorry you are a bit out with your figures and not considering some points that are pertinent.

The loss allowed for P&S rules is not simply the figure from the accounts, there are allowable costs you can add back, so loss excluding ground sale (and loss in 2017 accounts) would be less

Second need to consider that the 2018 accounts covered a 14month period not a year.  Important because income in June & July is negligible but wage cost is very high so the extension likely adds a few million in pure loss on the ongoing activities.

Yes and the 2019 figures will have about £3m in salaries less for the July period when Hooper Abdi, Matias and the rest left but even with allowable losses which if memory serves me correctly is spend on youth development and some money put in by the chairman it does not give us much room to play with.

What I would have done though when putting in a stadium sale of £38m profit find some way to put costs in, so if the next period is not great we can mitigate the losses a bit the only place I could see that they have done this was in the players registration that was £5m higher than the year before.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

T’ol Pete eh, desperate for us to get a points deduction so he can be proved right for once!

WTF?!?

Why the hate?

He's a top lad, very sensible, and his breakdown is far more intelligent than anyone on here has managed (including yourself)

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Yes and the 2019 figures will have about £3m in salaries less for the July period when Hooper Abdi, Matias and the rest left but even with allowable losses which if memory serves me correctly is spend on youth development and some money put in by the chairman it does not give us much room to play with.

What I would have done though when putting in a stadium sale of £38m profit find some way to put costs in, so if the next period is not great we can mitigate the losses a bit the only place I could see that they have done this was in the players registration that was £5m higher than the year before.

Something else I will repeat is EVERYTHING we did since the “soft embargo” was done in conjuction with the EFL to avoid us breaking the rules.

Other clubs too.