THE EFL HEARING THREAD

19 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

READ HIS ******** BREAKDOWN THEN YOU WILL KNOW WON'T YOU???

FFS

I have and it’s ******* confusing. As always thanks for the helpful reply Neil. Also if you read his original version he put on Twitter the last few pages where missing. Something which he realised, said on Twitter, and then corrected, when I read it they where missing. Smart arse. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

6 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I have and it’s ******* confusing. As always thanks for the helpful reply Neil. Also if you read his original version he put on Twitter the last few pages where missing. Something which he realised, said on Twitter, and then corrected, when I read it they where missing. Smart arse. 

Well then now you can read the breakdown and understand it

lol

Owlstalk Shop

37 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

you really think we would come straight back up? Didn’t work out like that last time. Was it a 16th place finish in our first season in league one? 

But if we are likely to be in League one at some point I'd rather it be next season as we can get out quicker.

Getting 85 plus points with a squad of youngsters and freebies we can attract at that level is going to be much easier than ammassing circa 72 points in the Championship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim said:

Just guessing as most of us are but the likelihood of a 12 points deduction with just two games to go is highly unlikely? Also if this was to happen DC would more than likely chuck the entire kitchen sink at Parry and the EFL and understandably so?

Why? If found guilty and we have points deducted it doesnt matter if there are 10 40 or 2 games to go, we will have to take out punishment.

IMO we should have been playing since Christmas with minus 12 points in our head and that's why I think last night was a particularly bad result as now Wigan with minus 12 are ahead of us and in banging form. 

I'd hope DC doesn't go down the route of them lot who will probably be back in court sueing Hawkeye at the end of the season. Can see it now, Sean Bean, Poundland Prince and Sachin Tendulkar outside the high court with anti hawkeye boards. Lets not be like them. We overspent on poo , we tried to be clever to delay the inevitable and we've been caught. Lets hope Derby and then Villa wehn they come down get rodgered just as much but let's not start crying over it. Lets see this as an opportunity to clear the books and start again, sustainably, with proper sponsors, proper players who care and proper people in charge of football and recruitment.

Every cloud.

38 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

But it not on the link from the main page it might be there under a different article but not one of your links say match report. What's the point of having an area on your website saying match report if you don't put the articles there. 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Yep

You've clearly not been reading it in recent times

No one can read that website without losing the will to live. It's just one big click bait advert. And no one in their right mind would pay for it. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

No one can read that website without losing the will to live. It's just one big click bait advert. And no one in their right mind would pay for it. 

That's handy, there's loads of adverts for Will Writing services Sweeping the UK.

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

Unfortunately agree, broadly supportive of the local press but very little substance other than rehashing press conferences and while I appreciate some opinion pieces, can get others opinions for free if I wanted them. 

I dont even bother clicking through, their website is just awful, littered with adverts and nonsense. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Wigan currently sit 12 points outside the relegation zone and a vastly better goal difference (thanks to Hull). They have been galvanized by a very good manager and have played good footballer over the last 10 games. 

A good manager who has been at the club over 3 years and had the chance to build the squad with his own players 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

A good manager who has been at the club over 3 years and had the chance to build the squad with his own players 

Indeed but has also had year on year improvement, first season promotion, 2nd season stabilised in championship in 18th , 3rd season currently sit 13th with 2 games left - he could even take a 12 point deduction and still be outside the relegation zone. 

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Indeed but has also had year on year improvement, first season promotion, 2nd season stabilised in championship in 18th , 3rd season currently sit 13th with 2 games left - he could even take a 12 point deduction and still be outside the relegation zone. 

Shows what can happen if you give somebody support and time to do the job.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Modfather100 said:

Why? If found guilty and we have points deducted it doesnt matter if there are 10 40 or 2 games to go, we will have to take out punishment.

IMO we should have been playing since Christmas with minus 12 points in our head and that's why I think last night was a particularly bad result as now Wigan with minus 12 are ahead of us and in banging form. 

I'd hope DC doesn't go down the route of them lot who will probably be back in court sueing Hawkeye at the end of the season. Can see it now, Sean Bean, Poundland Prince and Sachin Tendulkar outside the high court with anti hawkeye boards. Lets not be like them. We overspent on poo , we tried to be clever to delay the inevitable and we've been caught. Lets hope Derby and then Villa wehn they come down get rodgered just as much but let's not start crying over it. Lets see this as an opportunity to clear the books and start again, sustainably, with proper sponsors, proper players who care and proper people in charge of football and recruitment.

Every cloud.

Going down would be a disaster not a opportunity  

• Like 4
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Shows what can happen if you give somebody support and time to do the job.

indeed but equally if you leave the wrong person in charge you can be relegated before you know it and we have seen in the play off final the way the club has gone backwards with the wrong people in charge.

Guest mrbluesky
3 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Going down would be a disaster not a opportunity  

I once said that to the wife, after she`d not bathed for a week.