THE EFL HEARING THREAD

1 hour ago, Blue and white said:

If he is so loaded then why has he sold the ground to himself at a price of 60m, chosen to pay said 60m in instalments and prior to our hearing hadn't made one payment.

Does that not strike you as a bit odd.

Not odd at all, maybe he thinks holding that £60m in cash in other assets that actually generate a return for him is s better way to manage his capital?

May be s newsflash but we lose money every year like nearly every EFL club, this requires annual cash pumping in by owner, structure of deal means this cash flow deficiency can be met by the purchaser payments on the ground sale.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Something else I will repeat is EVERYTHING we did since the “soft embargo” was done in conjuction with the EFL to avoid us breaking the rules.

Other clubs too.

Was this the same EFL that agreed to the sale of the stadium :duntmatter:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Personally I think it would be shocking starting next season in the Championship on -12 or -21.

You got to have a real dedicated team to approach that in a positive way.

I think we would be okay with -12 next season. Worse thing for me would be starting in league one next season. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

WTF?!?

Why the hate?

He's a top lad, very sensible, and his breakdown is far more intelligent than anyone on here has managed (including yourself)

Pete is the ONE Wednesdayite I take notice of, whatever the subject. Very knowledgable 

• Like 1

Guest mrbluesky
16 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Nobody answered my question re. the timing.

Would this case have been heard earlier if it wasn’t for Covid i.e. punishment this season or would it have been held now i.e. punishment (if guilty) next season?

It is a very important question, does anyone know the answer?

Yes and Yes!

18 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Nobody answered my question re. the timing.

Would this case have been heard earlier if it wasn’t for Covid i.e. punishment this season or would it have been held now i.e. punishment (if guilty) next season?

It is a very important question, does anyone know the answer?

The season was suspended for 3 months, or just over? 

So arguably the hearing might have been in say April? Still close to the end of the season. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Personally I think it would be shocking starting next season in the Championship on -12 or -21.

You got to have a real dedicated team to approach that in a positive way.

I’d like it.

Siege mentality, go up, United go down having narrowly missed out on Europe this year.

Would be so, so beautiful.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Yes and the 2019 figures will have about £3m in salaries less for the July period when Hooper Abdi, Matias and the rest left but even with allowable losses which if memory serves me correctly is spend on youth development and some money put in by the chairman it does not give us much room to play with.

What I would have done though when putting in a stadium sale of £38m profit find some way to put costs in, so if the next period is not great we can mitigate the losses a bit the only place I could see that they have done this was in the players registration that was £5m higher than the year before.

Player wage registration, salary and all cost are inflated in the 2018 accounts as they cover a 16% longer accounting period.  

Hooper etc   left in June and will have been paid upto end July.  I believe when contracts expire 30 June players then get a 1 month payment.

Clear positive sign us the post's from Nixon on Twitter that we are chasing decent players who would command decent transfer fees.

We don't know the 2019 accounts results but club do so must be room in budget

Guest mrbluesky
5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

WTF?!?

Why the hate?

He's a top lad, very sensible, and his breakdown is far more intelligent than anyone on here has managed (including yourself)

Not hard to be fair, he`s got a CSE grade 3 in Woodwork ☺️

Guest Mcguigan
18 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Sorry you are a bit out with your figures and not considering some points that are pertinent.

The loss allowed for P&S rules is not simply the figure from the accounts, there are allowable costs you can add back, so loss excluding ground sale (and loss in 2017 accounts) would be less

Second need to consider that the 2018 accounts covered a 14month period not a year.  Important because income in June & July is negligible but wage cost is very high so the extension likely adds a few million in pure loss on the ongoing activities.

We received £2m in July for Jack Hunt, that will probably have covered the June/July wages.....just. That was probably why we sold him bang on the 1st July.

1 minute ago, TheCityIsOurs said:

The real question is can we hit 500 pages before an announcement is made??

Well, if Derby are found guilty and don’t get a massive -points I can’t see them appealing. 

So if the theory is true, they’re waiting that result to announce ours - I’d guess tomorrow maybe. 

So yeh 500 easy

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

Can we block replies in this thread until we get a verdict lol people just spouting poo and I see a new comment and open thinking it’s going to be news 😔 

Oh believe me, when the announcement comes there’ll be 1 or several new threads

lol

• Haha 1