THE EFL HEARING THREAD

2 minutes ago, Manwë said:

"The private conversation focused around the events of the last 24-48 hours, how the EFL can assist and what happens next. The various rumours and reports that have been circulating throughout today were also discussed. - Source: https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53261368 03/07/2020

One of Talksport or the EFL are telling porkies.

Easy to work out though. The video  have meta data on

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

'Chansiri has had stick on here' ....in the middle the EFL hearing thread, oh the Irony lol

In the "middle of an EFL thread" in which he's fighting his AND OUR corner rather than bending over ....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ljhowl said:

In the "middle of an EFL thread" in which he's fighting his AND OUR corner rather than bending over ....

He put us in that corner in the first place?

This may be the reason he might be getting 'some stick' - just a hunch like.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ljhowl said:

Admirable of him to go into that fighting OUR corner for us 

Even though  did nothing to get into that particular mess in the first place

Ps - still not abuse or hatred anywhere 

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

24 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Presume whatever you like.   I'm not blaming the EFL for Wigan going in to administration; the blame lies with those who are alleged to be committing the deeds or are knowingly making money from the situation, purposely.  Blame lies with betting syndicates if the rumour is true.  Blame lies with owners who conspire to make money from the demise of the club they own (we don't even know if the owner is rumoured to be connected with the syndicate).  Either way, there's still no way that a vetting agency can know the future of something happening in England, let alone in the murky world of Philippine betting syndicates.   It's not my opinion, it's a fact.  It's a fact because we haven't yet the ability to travel ahead in time. 

Now we know that fact, then we can only look at the past.  That's it.  Nothing else.  

I'm not saying they should be reading the future

I'm saying they should be looking further into the past 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ljhowl said:

so you'd have him roll over then?

Why does it have to be black or white?

Good luck to DC but it takes a proper level of incompetence to get into this position in the first place.

God knows how things are going to turn out.  Even if we get away with it with a don't do it again.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Admirable of him to go into that fighting OUR corner for us 

Even though  did nothing to get into that particular mess in the first place

Ps - still not abuse or hatred anywhere 

He gets some proper stick at times on Twitter and FB which makes the stuff on here look very mild in comparison.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Why do people get all weird about Chansiri?

• Chansiri has got us into this current mess
  • He's now obliged to fight his way out of it - he literally has to - he has zero choice
  • If he does so and comes away with no action brilliant! But don't do it again!
  • If he comes away with a points deduction and massive fine that's for him to sort as our chairman and don't do it again

Will he receive criticism for getting us into this mess - YES - of COURSE he will. That's normal, expected, and doesn't mean you're hating him, attacking him, abusing him. It means he's getting criticism for putting the club in peril.

Will he receive praise if we get no punishment? YES - of COURSE he will. Some fans will think that's a great result and Chansiri did amazingly well and the EFL is corrupt etc etc

That's it pretty much.

How anything else can be read into it is just weird

IMO that should be the end of spurious allegations of 'hate'  

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

I never really understand the sarcastic use of the word petal

I know its meant to be condescending - but is it meant to upset the person its aimed at? Does that ever work for you?

Never worked for me petal

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

Never worked for me petal

Its like United fans calling us Wendys

Makes me laugh. Never offended by it

3 minutes ago, ljhowl said:

OUR as in the fans and the club. Heaven knows what Leagues One and Two are going to look like next year. So yest please Chansiri, keep doing all you can to keep us out of it.

Keep telling yourself no abuse of Chansiri on here long enough and you will believe it. The majority on here is fairly reasoned opinion and debate (unlike twitter thank God) but there are still some that cross the line and will invariably continue to do so. That's why I won't waste time going back over threads to find examples, because they will be back soon enough. Maybe even today if we get deducted 12 points? Or if Nuihu gets a new contract. Or if we concede an injury time winner this weekend. Or if Monk goes on a little run and gets a contract extension. They're never far away....

Really! 12 points deducted, we wont survive, it's all going to bat sh-t.

PS. Has this been confirmed by the Club?

Edited by daleblue

Does anyone know who the reporter was who is mentioned here?   Don't remember seeing anything.

Charlie

@Charlie2468MWAY

Replying to

@nancyfrostick

and

@PhilHay_

Nancy is there any truth in the rumour from another reporter that it was done last Friday , Guilty. This week Wednesday are not giving evidence they are providing evidence for mitigating circumstance to lesson/reduce the total points deduction.

12:39 PM · Jul 3, 2020·Twitter for iPad

Nancy Frostick

@nancyfrostick

·

52mReplying to

@Charlie2468MWAY

and

@PhilHay_

No sure, to be honest with you. Just my understanding that we're unlikely to hear either way today - wouldn't want to speculate without knowing more because it probably just increases the agony of the wait!

Charlie

@Charlie2468MWAY

·

50mReplying to

@Charlie2468MWAY

@nancyfrostick

and

@PhilHay_

Yeah that’s a fair comment.

New to Twitter?

Relevant people

Edited by Sheff74