THE EFL HEARING THREAD

Whether we escape a points deduction, or get our pants pulled down and end up relegated...please Chansiri put  some sensible and professional people and structures in place so we start moving forward properly!

Edited by gbear05
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

Absolutely!   Some of the abuse is incredible, the level of hatred against DC is quite frankly appalling and sad.

Correct, if he had come in and said 'he's going to run club on a tight budget with no big signings and a limit on wages with us looking to bring home grown youngsters through from academy, a large number of supporters would have been complaining saying clubs showing no ambition. 

He gambled and lost not helped by people around him who were supposedly giving advice, advice alright, advising the signings of players who were passed their best and here for one final pay day. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

Absolutely!   Some of the abuse is incredible, the level of hatred against DC is quite frankly appalling and sad.

I can’t comment on wider social media but I think you are going a bit over the top there.  He’s made some very poor choices which people are entitled to comment on, although the fact that he’s still here and funding the club at such a difficult time has to be appreciated.  Better communication from the club at times wouldn’t go amiss, and why not acknowledge mistakes on occasion, such honesty can often help win people over.

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I've seen zero hatred 

Abuse - not on here

Plenty of criticism but no hatred or abuse

I doubt there's more than a handful of owner/chairmen out there given the horlics made of throwing awway multi millions and the circumstances we're in would've got less criticism 

it comes with lack of success at every club 

Ithere's a great number of our fans giving unconditional blind support when tbh imo  it isn't deserved 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, bradowl said:

Correct, if he had come in and said 'he's going to run club on a tight budget with no big signings and a limit on wages with us looking to bring home grown youngsters through from academy, a large number of supporters would have been complaining saying clubs showing no ambition. 

He gambled and lost not helped by people around him who were supposedly giving advice, advice alright, advising the signings of players who were passed their best and here for one final pay day. 

Actually Incorrect ...people at the time including me was getting really worried when we were signing 20 strikers and needed defenders and midfielders.

There were worrying signs from the start.

Fans get the blame again for a chairman who has final say ....its laughable .

• Like 4

Just now, TaxiMark said:

Actually Incorrect ...people at the time including me was getting really worried when we were signing 20 strikers and needed defenders and midfielders.

There were worrying signs from the start.

Fans get the blame again for a chairman who has final say ....its laughable .

yes very but not many listened ,  probably understandably blinded by the opening of a wallet something not seen for just under 30 years  here 

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Has anyone found the' incredible abuse' of Chansiri yet?

(can't BELIEVE we are having to do this conversation AGAIN)

Aye, probably from some middle aged housewife stood in the rain with her shopping waiting for the D-Taxi she ordered to arrive. :Chansiri:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Grandad said:

This LimitOwl seems to be making a lot of posts like that - is he new? Never noticed him before

bit weird and st you of all people

It's called projection 

we might have another newbie plant

Just now, steelowl said:

yes very but not many listened ,  probably understandably blinded by the opening of a wallet something not seen for just under 30 years  here 

But you will get some fans like that everywhere...but it doesnt mean the chairman or owner has to make signings for the sake of it ...it's what amateurs do 😉

Just now, The_Limit_Owl said:

Yawn.

Its there.

Blimey, you’re quick to jump on anyone that makes negative comments about journos, making quips about people’s mental health if they dare rubbish an article that you post.

Look, I’ll leave it there, there is abuse and there is hatred, you know it.  Let’s drop it eh, before it goes all daft and you say everything’s bizarre!

Luv ya hun!

lol

EVERY. SINGLE. TIME

Without exception

"There's loads of horrific abuse towards Chansiri"

Where?

"eeerrr..... errr....... errrrrr....."

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grandad
9 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

Ask your boss to read out some posts for you petal.

I never really understand the sarcastic use of the word petal

I know its meant to be condescending - but is it meant to upset the person its aimed at? Does that ever work for you?

Its frustrating.....The fact that is, I believe the vast majority of fans KNOW that he means well...You don't go as far down the road splashing money out if you don't mean well...You do what the Bury and Wigan owners have done.

What frustrates the hell out of me is the fact that he thinks Wednesday fans are minted, We aren't...The fact that he seemingly won't take advice...He should

The fact that he says he knows "Little of football" and STILL doesn't take advice from "Football" people....

The fact that he seemingly will take advice from folk with a vested interest....

Its frustrating...He must be frustrated..the problem is where has his frustration taken us...?..To court with the EFL.

If he wins brilliant, but it was still a little reckless.

The money he has spent could easily have got someone in place with a track record, not neccessarily a manager..but a good head of football, who knew the racket inside out...rather than Abdi, Emmanuelson etc...

Its frustrating!

Edited by asteener1867
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:

Aye, probably from some middle aged housewife stood in the rain with her shopping waiting for the D-Taxi she ordered to arrive. :Chansiri:

Could be @S36 OWL other log in? I know he's still homeless on the streets waiting for his DTaxi since new years eve!

Guest Grandad
8 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

I really cant be bothered, it’s there, you know it is.

But if theres so much abuse and hatred - surely it would only take a few seconds to point it out and make me look silly

As it is...