THE EFL HEARING THREAD

14 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Why do people get all weird about Chansiri?

Let's take all the emotion and 'side taking' out of this once and for all

• Chansiri has got us into this current mess. Not us. Not anybody else. The Chairman has.
  • He's now obliged to fight his way out of it - he literally has to - he has zero choice.
  • If he does so and comes away with no action brilliant! But don't do it again!
  • If he comes away with a points deduction and massive fine that's for him to sort as our chairman and don't do it again

Will he receive criticism for getting us into this mess - YES - of COURSE he will. That's normal, expected, and doesn't mean you're hating him, attacking him, abusing him. It means he's getting criticism for putting the club in peril.

Will he receive praise if we get no punishment? YES - of COURSE he will. Some fans will think that's a great result and Chansiri did amazingly well and the EFL is corrupt etc etc

That's it pretty much.

How anything else can be read into it is just weird

Chansiri is the owner and leader and I suspect he is fairly autocratic, so the buck does stop with him. It is not solely down to him however. He has been incompetent and naive but he has kept us out of administration (so far). He hasn't fully grasped the FFP system (has anybody) and has tried to work ways around it to allow him to put more money into the club. 

He could walk away. Find some Azeri businesman to sell it to like Saint MM.

As for "emotion" and "taking sides" well I think that comes from labelling people Uber fans or "weird" (you tend to eventually use that word in every thread where you have a prolonged disagreement - and no, I'm not going to go back into old threads to find examples just to make my point), simply for disagreeing with you. 

9 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

It’s pathetic.

Same as Blunts, Weeds and Florist.

Who invents this shiiiiiiite?

Same chap who wrote Peter Pan ?

Personally I coudn`t give a Captain Hook. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Sounds about right, but we have been here before havent we? 

The best signing Chansiri should have done was sign a Howard Wilkinson type of person to the board, like a DOF, someone that has the clubs interests at heart and a steady logical wise head too....but he didnt .

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

17 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

Nancy is there any truth in the rumour from another reporter that it was done last Friday , Guilty. This week Wednesday are not giving evidence they are providing evidence for mitigating circumstance to lesson/reduce the total points deduction.

Surely the evidence for mitigating circumstances will have been provided during the hearing itself before the guilty or not guilty decision is made.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, ljhowl said:

Chansiri is the owner and leader and I suspect he is fairly autocratic, so the buck does stop with him. It is not solely down to him however. He has been incompetent and naive but he has kept us out of administration (so far). He hasn't fully grasped the FFP system (has anybody) and has tried to work ways around it to allow him to put more money into the club. 

As for "emotion" and "taking sides" well I think that comes from labelling people Uber fans or "weird" (you tend to eventually use that word in every thread where you have a prolonged disagreement - and no, I'm not going to go back into old threads to find examples just to make my point), simply for disagreeing with you. 

Why are you stereotyping Owlstalk posters?  I literally don't know anyone on here, and disagree with half of them.

There really is no need to be defensive about DC.  Nobody is attacking him 'personally'. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, ljhowl said:

So if Chansiri was trying so hard to work his way round FFP why didnt he sell Fernando to Fulham for 12M ?  He has had lots of opportunities and ignored the lot but instead put us in this position.

BTW re administration, wouldn't that be a real stupid thing for DC to do ?

17 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Sounds like you've already decided you're on team Chansiri...We now have a lovely scoreboard and a shiny pitch.  And the cardboard cutouts of his family haven't missed a home match. 

I'm just pleased to have an owner who is looking for ways to put money into the club. And I happen to think there probably arent too many of them around.  That doesn't mean I think he has got everything right though. Far from it. He has got plenty wrong. I just tend to think we should be grateful to have him at the helm in this current financial football climate. Better the devil you know, etc 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

I remember a post from a well known poster calling the chairman an Evil f*ukr and apparently anyone who has ever met him knew this as fact, think I did enquire as to why he thought he could speak for other people but I got shouted down for been a Chansiri puppet 

Once you've worked with the general public you learn actually how batsh@t crazy some people can be.

6 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Sounds about right, but we have been here before havent we? 

The best signing Chansiri should have done was sign a Howard Wilkinson type of person to the board, like a DOF, someone that has the clubs interests at heart and a steady logical wise head too....but he didnt .

I agree with you that Howard Wilkinson and experiences footballing ‘wise men’ like him should have been the first thing Mr Chansiri did as soon as he took over the club. It didn’t happen yet I remember seeing HW in the directors box for most matches. Right now I can’t remember seeing him sat in the the ‘box’ for some time. He could have been unwell but it has been suggested that he simply does not agree with the way Mr Chansiri doesn’t take the good advice that has now been offered by a long list of ‘footballing’ people.

It begs the question is HW one of the many who have given up on Wednesday while Mr Chansiri remains the owner/chairman

DC does not get a lot of a abuse on here, but ar times, plenty of constructive criticism, from supporters with genuine concerns. I don’t see the harm in that. I would imagine Twitter is a completely different ball game though. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, bolton9owl said:

I agree with you that Howard Wilkinson and experiences footballing ‘wise men’ like him should have been the first thing Mr Chansiri did as soon as he took over the club. It didn’t happen yet I remember seeing HW in the directors box for most matches. Right now I can’t remember seeing him sat in the the ‘box’ for some time. He could have been unwell but it has been suggested that he simply does not agree with the way Mr Chansiri doesn’t take the good advice that has now been offered by a long list of ‘footballing’ people.

It begs the question is HW one of the many who have given up on Wednesday while Mr Chansiri remains the owner/chairman

That is almost 100% spot on mate.

Howard is a big fan and I know for a fact that he is very unhappy how the club is being run like a lot of genuine fans but its out of his hands.

1 minute ago, ljhowl said:

I just tend to think we should be grateful to have him at the helm in this current financial football climate. 

Yeah I love the feeling of potentially being a league one club in a couple of weeks.

What did we get?  A nice pee up in London? A few good results? A couple of seasons of it not being a chore to go to Hillsbrough? Hope that we might actually get promoted?  Was it worth it for you?

How much has he (recklessly?) spent.  And we are in the same league position, almost exactly, as we were when he arrived?  But this could EASILY get a lot worse.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve Down South said:

I can’t comment on wider social media but I think you are going a bit over the top there.  He’s made some very poor choices which people are entitled to comment on, although the fact that he’s still here and funding the club at such a difficult time has to be appreciated.  Better communication from the club at times wouldn’t go amiss, and why not acknowledge mistakes on occasion, such honesty can often help win people over.

Maybe Joe Ashton had it right and the rest of the Shareholders got it wrong because we now keep on insisting we have a democracy (not in any real sense). We have changed to a dictatorship, it was our choice, again (Not in any real sense). 

We (the Fans) were never patient from the off . Remember when fans were taking photos of the lights of the hospitality lounges going on and off after midnight as we awaited yet another expensive signing ! Where were the voices saying then "Slow down Dejphon keep your money in your pocket" Then Chansiri and we fed off each others enthusiasm; That warm glow began to disappear as soon as the final whistle blew in the  play off penalty shoot out v Huddersfield. Tolerance is not one of our better traits but we must try harder at understanding.      

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Its like United fans calling us Wendys

Makes me laugh. Never offended by it

At first I thought it was just a speech impediment and I just ignored it as it’s not polite to mock or correct someone with a disability. But they actually do it on purpose and think it upsets us, even the dingles & toy town have started doing it. 

1 minute ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Maybe Joe Ashton had it right and the rest of the Shareholders got it wrong because we now keep on insisting we have a democracy (not in any real sense). We have changed to a dictatorship, it was our choice, again (Not in any real sense). 

We (the Fans) were never patient from the off . Remember when fans were taking photos of the lights of the hospitality lounges going on and off after midnight as we awaited yet another expensive signing ! Where were the voices saying then "Slow down Dejphon keep your money in your pocket" Then Chansiri fed off each others enthusiasm; That warm glow began to disappear as soon as the final whistle blew in the  play off penalty shoot out v Huddersfield. Tolerance is not one of our better traits but we must try harder at understanding.      

Spending lots of money on players is a totally separate thing from why we are in an EFL hearing though

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

We (the Fans) were never patient from the off . Remember when fans were taking photos of the lights of the hospitality lounges going on and off after midnight as we awaited yet another expensive signing ! Where were the voices saying then "Slow down Dejphon keep your money in your pocket" Then Chansiri fed off each others enthusiasm; That warm glow began to disappear as soon as the final whistle blew in the  play off penalty shoot out v Huddersfield. Tolerance is not one of our better traits but we must try harder at understanding.      

This has stayed long in my mind.  It was a good day.

My brother was barging people out of the way to get a photo with him.

Bizarre looking back how desperate we were.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Just question for those contemplating us being one of the clubs close to admin, who is it you think we owe money to that would force us into admin? Only one I can even think of would be HMRC but we don’t as far as I know and I believe they have currently suspended enforcement action due to COVID but that could have finished now.