THE EFL HEARING THREAD

What I would suggest is that an honest broker compares and contrasts the pro's and cons of what have been our only owners. It is my belief that the first 2+ years under Chansiri was like stepping onto a different planet in football terms far in excess of what Manderic managed to put on the pitch.

Mistakes were made by both our owners, but what matters to me is not a wrangle about what we have or have had but the overarching concern which is that of Wednesday. Some on here not many are suggesting Chansiri should go ? What's that about how is it going to happen ? We don't have a Mammadov figure waiting in the wings lol 

• Like 2

Guest Grandad
Just now, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

What I would suggest is that an honest broker compares and contrasts the pro's and cons of what have been our only owners. It is my belief that the first 2+ years under Chansiri was like stepping onto a different planet in football terms far in excess of what Manderic managed to put on the pitch.

Mistakes were made by both our owners, but what matters to me is not a wrangle about what we have or have had but the overarching concern which is that of Wednesday. Some on here not many are suggesting Chansiri should go ? What's that about how is it going to happen ? We don't have a Mammadov figure waiting in the wings lol 

You forgot to mention the Triad thing

8 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

The poor bloke doesn't actually say anything wrong there and I'm not a fan of his but this is press/social media making a story from nothing.

Should he have lied and said "No I've heard no rumours" or just no comment everything?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steelowl said:

Goodness me this is getting very dark - must be a hell of a bet  which bookie will pay out anyway 

Think this is one of the very first times that Football's dark underworld has been exposed

Anyone thinking this Wigan bet is a unique one, or a one off needs to think again

Owlstalk Shop

Goodness me this is getting very dark - must be a hell of a bet  which bookie will pay out anyway 

What I don't get is walking into some bookie shop in downtown Manila and lumping a few trillion peso on Wigan to get relegated.

I would have been interested to see the bookie clerk's face.

lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, coopswfc76 said:

The poor bloke doesn't actually say anything wrong there and I'm not a fan of his but this is press/social media making a story from nothing.

Should he have lied and said "No I've heard no rumours" or just no comment everything?

It's not a bout Parry mate   surely the bet on a club going down is the issue ???

The video is genuine, but I still don't understand why people believe the EFL should have the powers of Mystic Meg and be able to foresee bets placed in the Philippines affecting the administration of a football club in England.   

Just now, ChinaOwl said:

What I don't get is walking into some bookie shop in downtown Manila and lumping a few trillion peso on Wigan to get relegated.

I would have been interested to see the bookie clerk's face.

lol

Don't think they wander into a local Ladbrokes

lol

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I still want to know who my Boss is

My Mrs is keen to know too (cos she thinks she is)

Personally I have a lot of respect for Limit Owl

His Owlstalk career started off really well. He was making some really mature, well reasoned points

I hope he drops the Uberfan / Chansiri is getting loads of horrible abuse approach and comes back to what we know and love

Owlstalk Shop

It's not a bout Parry mate   surely the bet on a club going down is the issue ???

That is right mate and a big issue but was that comment about Parry regarding fit and proper person test for owners.

Regarding the money in football it's got way out of hand totally agreed.

3 minutes ago, Manwë said:

The video is genuine, but I still don't understand why people believe the EFL should have the powers of Mystic Meg and be able to foresee bets placed in the Philippines affecting the administration of a football club in England.   

They have a "Fit and proper" persons system though.....Thats proven to be worse than useless

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

They have a "Fit and proper" persons system though.....Thats proven to be worse than useless

Agree, the EFL processes as they stand not fit for purpose and need to be improved. 

Not just Wigan, Bolton, Bury also had ownership issues this season. 

If the EFL approving foreign owners, need to have a wider reach, not excusable to cite geography as a reason for not doing adequate due diligence.