THE EFL HEARING THREAD

Guest mkowl
1 minute ago, Therealrealist said:

This is what i dont understand about cricket match fixing..somebody rings a bookie in the fsr east to but 500 grand on the 3rd ball of the 14th over being a no ball..and nobody raises an eyebrow🙈

I think the bets at play here are not readily available to the public. More let's call them private arrangements where there is little or no audit trail

My take on this, and I have no inside knowledge, is that no decision or points deduction will be given until the EFL are sure that we can’t reach the play offs or that the deduction might send us down. The stakes are just too high, especially if this can be appealed.  

Watch them deliver a verdict tonight now to prove me wrong!  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

My take on this, and I have no inside knowledge, is that no decision or points deduction will be given until the EFL are sure that we can’t reach the play offs or that the deduction might send us down. The stakes are just too high, especially if this can be appealed.  

That's the thing - literally anything could happen now!

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

I thought it was an independent panel adjudicating between us and the EFL?

Happy to be corrected.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, marshy said:

Sadly, the EFL doesn't give two hoots about us as supporters.

Of course they don't. We are totally unimportant in their view.

They are looking after the interests of the Footbal League and they aren't even doing a good job at that.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Simply because the "Fit and proper persons" isn't fit for purpose....I presume thats someone elses fault then

Presume whatever you like.   I'm not blaming the EFL for Wigan going in to administration; the blame lies with those who are alleged to be committing the deeds or are knowingly making money from the situation, purposely.  Blame lies with betting syndicates if the rumour is true.  Blame lies with owners who conspire to make money from the demise of the club they own (we don't even know if the owner is rumoured to be connected with the syndicate).  Either way, there's still no way that a vetting agency can know the future of something happening in England, let alone in the murky world of Philippine betting syndicates.   It's not my opinion, it's a fact.  It's a fact because we haven't yet the ability to travel ahead in time. 

Now we know that fact, then we can only look at the past.  That's it.  Nothing else.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ljhowl said:

can't BELIEVE youre playing the willful blindness card. Maybe his use of "hate" was a bit exaggerated but equally Chansiri has had plenty of stick on here, at times crossing the line over to nasty in the typical keyboard warrior style.

Sure he has made plenty of mistakes - compounded by chosing some pretty bad advisers - but give me the last 4 years over all but 3 or 4 of the 30 plus that went before it. I for one hopes he sticks around. If he does the next 5 years will also be heck of a lot more interesting than so much of the tripe that has gone before it.  

'Chansiri has had stick on here' ....in the middle the EFL hearing thread, oh the Irony lol

• Love 1

1 minute ago, casbahowl said:

Isn’t the Parry Hoo Hah linked to the timing of the video?

Wigan were taken over a month ago and only went into administration on Wednesday but Talksport claiming the video was recorded over a fortnight ago!

No way!

God just when you think it couldn't get any more bizarre

This story is just crazy!

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Isn’t the Parry Hoo Hah linked to the timing of the video?

Wigan were taken over a month ago and only went into administration on Wednesday but Talksport claiming the video was recorded over a fortnight ago!

"The private conversation focused around the events of the last 24-48 hours, how the EFL can assist and what happens next. The various rumours and reports that have been circulating throughout today were also discussed. - Source: https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53261368 03/07/2020

One of Talksport or the EFL are telling porkies.

• Like 1