THE EFL HEARING THREAD

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

They have a "Fit and proper" persons system though.....Thats proven to be worse than useless

In fairness it's a difficult position...lots of poor owners with lots of clubs that would be impossible to identify as poor owners early doors, and lots of apparently fit and proper people with money and ambition but very little aptitude (Chansiri?)

There's a fine line between good faith with limited checking and being strict but potentially restrictive

How do you check for fit and proper....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Why does it have to be black or white?

Good luck to DC but it takes a proper level of incompetence to get into this position in the first place.

God knows how things are going to turn out.  Even if we get away with it with a don't do it again.

Some incompetence yes, combined with plenty of naivete and particularly a FFP structure that isn't fit for purpose.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Yes mate

Nancy Frostick

Writes for The Athletic

Sorry mate, I meant the un named reporter mentioned, who apparently claimed that the verdict was delivered last Friday.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

There IS hatred AND abuse!

So why don't you just come and say it rather than pretending to hide behind someone else on a media platform... because that looks exactly what you're doing

Edited by daveyboy66
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ljhowl said:

Some incompetence yes, combined with plenty of naivete and particularly a FFP structure that isn't fit for purpose.

Sounds like you've already decided you're on team Chansiri...We now have a lovely scoreboard and a shiny pitch.  And the cardboard cutouts of his family haven't missed a home match. 

19 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

He put us in that corner in the first place?

This may be the reason he might be getting 'some stick' - just a hunch like.

You're right he has put us in a corner but why?

He went for it.... He wanted to get us promoted.... He wanted the fans to love him..... 

It didn't work and he is up shat creek! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

He went for it.... He wanted to get us promoted.... He wanted the fans to love him..... 

He wanted to get a shitload of money from the Premier League.

Edited by Rodger Wylde
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The FFP structure is the same for all clubs 

Why aren't they ALL in EFL hearings?

Because some,probably most owners cant or wont throw as much money as they can in the hope of bringing success.

Just now, Bigblueowl said:

Sounds about right, but we have been here before havent we? 

The best signing Chansiri should have done was sign a Howard Wilkinson type of person to the board, like a DOF, someone that has the clubs interests at heart and a steady logical wise head too....but he didnt .

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So far two posters have accused this site of having abuse and hatred posted about Chansiri 

I've politely asked them for just ONE post where abuse has been posted about the Chairman

Just one......

I'm fine with people saying there's some real criticism of the chairman on here because there is. It's fact.

But I'm not fine with anyone coming on, posting that there's abuse on here about Chansiri, not posting ANY evidence to back up their statement and then running off

I'm not fine with that at all

I think what's happening here is the support for the owner of the poster means that any criticism is defined in their heads as hate when in fact if you were to visit dozens of other club supporter sites you'll see criticism

It's expected

it's normal

it's in the job description