THE EFL HEARING THREAD

Guest Bulgaria
37 minutes ago, Rodger Wylde said:

He wanted to get a shitload of money from the Premier League.

Give over.

He wanted us in the premier league because the "fans deserve it"....

:duntmatter:

Edited by Bulgaria

I’m going to be a bit controversial and I really don’t want to get banned because, believe it or not, my mental health really benefits in this community.

MM sold DC a pup based on the Leicester model.  Same advisors, same plan and involving an ex-chairman who never gets a mention.

The plan nearly came off but it didn’t and we find ourselves here.

The recent history of our beautiful football club can be plotted in shirt sponsors.

I’d rather both MM and DC than having being asset-stripped by local ten bob millionaires tho’

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

Just question for those contemplating us being one of the clubs close to admin, who is it you think we owe money to that would force us into admin? Only one I can even think of would be HMRC but we don’t as far as I know and I believe they have currently suspended enforcement action due to COVID but that could have finished now. 

Golden elephants r us.

Rentamonk.

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

I'm not saying they should be reading the future

I'm saying they should be looking further into the past 

Fair enough.  I misunderstood your post.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

So if Chansiri was trying so hard to work his way round FFP why didnt he sell Fernando to Fulham for 12M ?  He has had lots of opportunities and ignored the lot but instead put us in this position.

BTW re administration, wouldn't that be a real stupid thing for DC to do ?

Because I presume like many fans (I would have sold fernando then by the way) he thought he was an asset that could get us to the Promised Land.

As for Admin, still yes presumably if the net value to him of the club is positive. But now he owns the ground the dynamic may change. My impression is he is still in this more for ego and football than economic but I really have no idea. I don't know the guy. I merely judge him on what he has done (good and bad) and what alternatives there seem to be out there.  

1 minute ago, sonofbert2 said:

Great post 💙.

I'm not posting in support of him.

It's just funny looking back objectively with hindsight.

I'm starting to look back on the Play Off final as an embarrassment now instead of some sort of achievement.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I’m going to be a bit controversial and I really don’t want to get banned because, believe it or not, my mental health really benefits in this community.

MM sold DC a pup based on the Leicester model.  Same advisors, same plan and involving an ex-chairman who never gets a mention.

The plan nearly came off but it didn’t and we find ourselves here.

The recent history of our beautiful football club can be plotted in shirt sponsors.

I’d rather both MM and DC than having being asset-stripped by local ten bob millionaires tho’

No one wants the oysters over at Blackpool ( no pun ) but using that as some sort of yardstick is just depressing mate....how about someone just comes to a football club and listens to people in football or at the club.

The Leicester fans did actually start to get jittery before they got promotion under their owners iirc....but they listened and got it right.

Edited by TaxiMark

29 minutes ago, mogbad said:

Surely the evidence for mitigating circumstances will have been provided during the hearing itself before the guilty or not guilty decision is made.

God knows mate. This is part of the problem, the whole process is so opaque. 

1 minute ago, TaxiMark said:

No one wants the oysters over at Blackpool ( no pun ) but using that as some sort of yardstick is just depressing mate....how about someone just come to a football club and just listen to people in football or at the club.

The Leicester fans did actually start to get jittery before they got promotion under their owners iirc....but they listened and got it right.

But they fiddled, went up and got fined.

Our only problem was we didn’t go up and we employed a manager who very nearly pulled it off but his system broke the engine.

All this time later both Monk and Jos still get blamed for trying to do a full service on that very engine.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

No one wants the oysters over at Blackpool ( no pun ) but using that as some sort of yardstick is just depressing mate....how about someone just comes to a football club and listens to people in football or at the club.

What did they say?  Win the title and we will like you?  

18 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

This has stayed long in my mind.  It was a good day.

My brother was barging people out of the way to get a photo with him.

Bizarre looking back how desperate we were.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

Just question for those contemplating us being one of the clubs close to admin, who is it you think we owe money to that would force us into admin? Only one I can even think of would be HMRC but we don’t as far as I know and I believe they have currently suspended enforcement action due to COVID but that could have finished now. 

No one said anything about administration until Wigan went under now people are saying we may go into admin. Who would send us into admin? definitely not DC what good is 10 pence in the pound to him. As you say the tax man seems happy. 

17 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

Did anybody force Wigan into admin or did the Directors decided to take that option?

Guest Ferkorf

Where has this other 2 clubs facing admin come from? 

Sorry I'm trying to catch up on about 30 pages lol

1 minute ago, Ferkorf said:

Where has this other 2 clubs facing admin come from? 

Sorry I'm trying to catch up on about 30 pages lol

The Administrator dealing with Wigan mentioned it - posted somewhere between pages 150-170 WTF:

12 minutes ago, ljhowl said:

I'm just pleased to have an owner who is looking for ways to put money into the club. And I happen to think there probably arent too many of them around.  That doesn't mean I think he has got everything right though. Far from it. He has got plenty wrong. I just tend to think we should be grateful to have him at the helm in this current financial football climate. Better the devil you know, etc 

I don't have any issues with him looking for ways to put money into the club but he needs to run the club within the constraints issued by the the EFL whether you agree with them or not or whether they are fit for purpose or not. 

He's created companies that do nothing but sponsor the club, it might not be illegal but it raises eyebrows, not just with the fanbase but with the EFL. We've had 2 summers of transfer embargos, we've been the last club in the Football League to submit our accounts, we've been embroiled in an EFL Disciplinary case since October of last year & we've had players being paid late on 2 occasions.

He's sold the stadium to put money into the club, not because it gives us a better chance of success but because his previous failed attempts at success has breached P&S limits by a country mile.

I firmly believe that DC has the best of intentions for our club but I'm fed up to the back teeth of our club being in the limelight with negative off the field issues that are down to mismanagement & naivety.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1