Refund options

I’ll certainly not be donating the money. Whilst the players are drawing their huge salaries, my £150 won’t even be noticed.

I’m hoping that he’s going to offer vouchers for next season, I’d take that offer. There are going to be plenty of folks with little money next year and it would be nice to be able to help somebody out a bit with a free game or two.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, YesWeCrann said:

My understanding, just for your info, is that the iFollow thing won't just be a straight trade for trade. The iFollow route will be a bundle that includes an iFollow season pass but isn't just that alone. Obviously that could change, but just letting you know what I've been led to believe.

Have you had any indication on when they are likely to announce the final details? Thanks

I’ll probably be taking the cash refund, but weighing up my option for iFollow etc to watch the remaining games; whatever is the most cost effective option.

I already buy 3 season tickets (myself and 2 sons) knowing that we’ll miss the 5 or 6 home midweek games (too far to travel on a school night) so losing another 5 games on top is a step too far for me to just write it off. 

Also, I’m still owed a refund for Bristol City away tickets. 

Edited by Welsh76

1 hour ago, YesWeCrann said:

My understanding, just for your info, is that the iFollow thing won't just be a straight trade for trade. The iFollow route will be a bundle that includes an iFollow season pass but isn't just that alone. Obviously that could change, but just letting you know what I've been led to believe.

That's what Leeds have done isn't it? The match streaming is part of a bigger bundle which means no refund. 

6 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

That's what Leeds have done isn't it? The match streaming is part of a bigger bundle which means no refund. 

It'll be one of the options, mate. It won't be that instead of a refund, it'll be that or a refund, or one of the other options.

47 minutes ago, TheGaffer said:

Have you had any indication on when they are likely to announce the final details? Thanks

It'll be sometime early next week I'd imagine. They're sorting it all out. They're moving to a new ticket supplier (that was organised well before this Coronavirus thing) so they've got to sort that out too.

• Thanks 1

I've been reading more about how other clubs are approaching this. Bristol City have urged fans not to ask for a refund and their local newspaper is putting pressure on. 

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-one-just-six-4217851

Five clubs aren't offering refunds. Preston, Blackburn, Reading, Birmingham and Bristol City. Article sums up the approach others are taking too.

From what I’ve read we’ll be offering Ifollow as part of a total bundle that could include a merchandise voucher and ticket voucher for a future game. 

I’m fortunate that covid hasn’t affected my finances, so will likely accept that IF the ifollow bundle includes the away games. 

Completely understand why people will want a refund though. And I may think differently if the 2020/21 season has to be played in this manner.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FlyingOwl said:

From what I’ve read we’ll be offering Ifollow as part of a total bundle that could include a merchandise voucher and ticket voucher for a future game. 

I’m fortunate that covid hasn’t affected my finances, so will likely accept that IF the ifollow bundle includes the away games. 

Completely understand why people will want a refund though. And I may think differently if the 2020/21 season has to be played in this manner.

Good option re away games! Will trade cash for points...

Guest Willow Owl
8 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I hope anyone who says they will donate the money to the club instead of a refund considers giving the money to a charity instead first.

Why, Sheffield Wednesday are my club and if I give to someone else I’m risking there being no Sheffield Wednesday. At the moment we are relying on D.C. funding everything. 

27 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Why, Sheffield Wednesday are my club and if I give to someone else I’m risking there being no Sheffield Wednesday. At the moment we are relying on D.C. funding everything. 

If club is in financial difficulties they should ask for the on average £1m per season under performing players to take a wage cut before asking for supporters donations some of whom are on minimum wage.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

If club is in financial difficulties they should ask for the on average £1m per season under performing players to take a wage cut before asking for supporters donations some of whom are on minimum wage.

How do you know the club hasn't asked them?

They aren't likely to come out and tell us the players have refused and risk a revolt that leaves us without a team for the next 9 games.