Refund options

18 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

How do you know the club hasn't asked them?

They aren't likely to come out and tell us the players have refused and risk a revolt that leaves us without a team for the next 9 games.

Think if they had asked the players to take a wage cut you wouldn't be able to keep it quiet.

12 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think if they had asked the players to take a wage cut you wouldn't be able to keep it quiet.

I think most if not all clubs will have held some discussions, a few clubs at our level settled on deferrals and some did take cuts. I very much doubt those that didn't did not hold any such conversations.  

Guest Willow Owl
On 12/06/2020 at 21:58, matthefish2002 said:

If club is in financial difficulties they should ask for the on average £1m per season under performing players to take a wage cut before asking for supporters donations some of whom are on minimum wage.

All clubs are currently in difficulties. Players that are due to leave are not going to donate anything. My point is if I can do my bit then I will. Also that DC is doing more than anyone.

Don’t think I will be seeking a refund.

I have a 3 year senior ticket on the kop and it works out about £11 per game so not a vast amount.

None of this is the clubs fault.

Will look at the ifollow option.

Can you watch ifollow on a smart tv or does it have to be a pc.

• Like 1

On 12/06/2020 at 11:21, Belfast Owl 2 said:

But you didn't have to buy them and were clearly aimed at those who wanted them.

The vast vast majority of people won't have them.

So stop complaining if you aren't forced to buy that option

So you were wrong......they were £99. Love it when someone is proved wrong and refuse to admit it and hide behind the above comments

its ironic that we are facing a points deduction for the chairman funding the club beyond its means....now the EFL will be desperate for rich chairmen to fund their clubs beyond their means!

I can see us getting points deducted, followed by relegation to league 1, then we'll have no fixtures as many league 1 clubs will simply go bust....imo the future of football/Wednesday is really bleak

Personally I would take the ifollow option so I can have my weekends ruined again!!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, meggoisgod said:

its ironic that we are facing a points deduction for the chairman funding the club beyond its means....now the EFL will be desperate for rich chairmen to fund their clubs beyond their means!

I can see us getting points deducted, followed by relegation to league 1, then we'll have no fixtures as many league 1 clubs will simply go bust....imo the future of football/Wednesday is really bleak

Personally I would take the ifollow option so I can have my weekends ruined again!!

The fate of league one next year is a real concern, I suspect that is partly behind the recent Barnsley protestations

Refund for me.

If there was any bonus out of this sorry season it was this.

Football is totally broken for me, this club for me is miles away from us fans, even DC said our money doesn't cover anything so he'll not notice will he? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GoldGigsChris said:

Has SWFC decided on a refund/options yet or are they just watching Owlstalk to see how best to minimise refund costs?

I think they're leaving it hanging and seeing how many cave in as the restart approaches.

Once the first game has been and gone they'll probably publish the option.

The tipping point will be when it breaks that certain players aren’t playing beyond the end of their contracts. At that point, I can see the vast majority taking the full refund and sticking 2 fingers up to the players and club. Really difficult one for DC, and he must wonder what he’s bought into here.  

52 minutes ago, vulva said:

The tipping point will be when it breaks that certain players aren’t playing beyond the end of their contracts. At that point, I can see the vast majority taking the full refund and sticking 2 fingers up to the players and club. Really difficult one for DC, and he must wonder what he’s bought into here.  

In fairness I’m not sure how that is sticking 2 fingers up to the players, especially the ones who aren’t bothered about playing beyond the end of their contracts.

Guest LittleG

With the first match looming in 5 days, surely they have to announce something today regarding this situation. Or have they got to wait till DC is back in the country 😁

4 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

In fairness I’m not sure how that is sticking 2 fingers up to the players, especially the ones who aren’t bothered about playing beyond the end of their contracts.

People won’t see it like that. They see ‘players’ as one, not indivduals. 

Unfortunately it’s not a surprise we’re one of the last clubs to announce something.

Doesn’t leave much time for people who haven’t got access to iFollow to sort something either. Especially the older season ticket holders. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Unfortunately it’s not a surprise we’re one of the last clubs to announce something.

Doesn’t leave much time for people who haven’t got access to iFollow to sort something either. Especially the older season ticket holders. 

Doesn’t give me much optimism ifollow access will be in place for those who want it by Saturday tbh. Given the club will need to collate the responses on refunds and pass to the 3rd party who sort it. 

Predicting an absolute shambles on Saturday with all this.

• Like 3