Refund options

1 hour ago, Brammy said:

You've made my point for me!

3 months with no ticket sales and yet the new system goes live just one week before the season restarts with people needing to register/re-register. Then, with four days left, a hell of a lot of people are still having issues.

Lets not turn this into a club bashing issue, I'm guessing that the swopping between ticket suppliers was agreed long before the lockdown happened and was supposed to happen around June in the close season.

Obviously the transition between ticket suppliers has been affected by many variables, not least operating on a skeleton staff

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brammy said:

3 months with no ticket sales and yet the new system goes live just one week before the season restarts with people needing to register/re-register. Then, with four days left, a hell of a lot of people are still having issues.

More than likely it’s been arranged for a while contractually and timed to happen in what was meant to be close season.

1 hour ago, Dot said:

Lets not turn this into a club bashing issue, I'm guessing that the swopping between ticket suppliers was agreed long before the lockdown happened and was supposed to happen around June in the close season.

Obviously the transition between ticket suppliers has been affected by many variables, not least operating on a skeleton staff

I don't think I've ever been accused of club bashing before, but if they have dropped a clanger they deserve it. 

The fact still remains that they've gone live with a platform that doesn't appear to be functioning correctly. And speaking from experience, transitioning what is basically a database from one platform to another shouldn't be this big a deal.

1 hour ago, Malkmus said:

More than likely it’s been arranged for a while contractually and timed to happen in what was meant to be close season.

That's fair enough, but surely there must have been some flexibility built into the contract? Not least some kind of clause along the lines of 'if it's not working, we don't go live with it'.

It certainly doesn't look like it's been tested vigorously enough before they've rolled it out.

At the end of the day, all I'm (and I assume many others) are asking is that the thing works properly!!

Edited by Brammy

1 hour ago, Brammy said:

That's fair enough, but surely there must have been some flexibility built into the contract? Not least some kind of clause along the lines of 'if it's not working, we don't go live with it'.

It certainly doesn't look like it's been tested vigorously enough before they've rolled it out.

At the end of the day, all I'm (and I assume many others) are asking is that the thing works properly!!

Boo SWFC not including a global pandemic clause in to the contract.

what an oversight

Chansiri out

1 hour ago, Dot said:

Boo SWFC not including a global pandemic clause in to the contract.

what an oversight

Chansiri out

Nothing to do with the pandemic.

In any business transaction there are clauses built in so that if there is a delay the business is protected.

I assume that if we ever move away from our current stadium and for some reason the new one isn't ready for the start of the season, you'll still expect us to play in it? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brammy said:

Nothing to do with the pandemic.

In any business transaction there are clauses built in so that if there is a delay the business is protected.

I assume that if we ever move away from our current stadium and for some reason the new one isn't ready for the start of the season, you'll still expect us to play in it? 

So the most likely option it appears is....we move from ticket provider A to ticket provider B...deal agreed a long time ago.

the deal was agreed to happen in June long after the season has finished and everyone is looking forward to summer holidays.

It certainly is not a case of ticket provider A just passing the database to ticket provider B...it does not work like that.

All of a sudden a global pandemic strikes, the database of season tickets (its very individual...disabled/ children/ multi/ 10 years etc) has to be ported to another server and a new system set up within a week to provide options for refunds.

that wasn't in the contract was it?

Provider A says ...hang on a minute, you terminated your contract with us in June to move to provider B...sort it out yourself we have no obligation to you anymore

See the problem? 

• Like 1

So the club launches this for today ( mon 15th) and you follow the procedure of making another password then you are faced with a brickwall.

Hopefully be sorted out tomorrow but nothing is ever straight forward is it at SWFC.

• Like 1

Unless I’ve missed something, the refund options have still not been released. Fairly apparent those claiming otherwise are on the wind up. 

The ticketing site seems to be working as far as logging in and seeing accounts. Nothing else to see yet. 

Edited by wiggy

9 hours ago, Brammy said:

3 options. Introduce a new ticket system during the season, when tickets are getting sold. During preseason when people are still buying season tickets or changing seats etc. 

Or, when we have a 3 month window of no games, very little in terms of ticket transactions and all ticket staff with nothing else to do. 

It’s not difficult To understand this surely?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wiggy said:

Unless I’ve missed something, the refund options have still not been released. Fairly apparent those claiming otherwise are on the wind up. 

The ticketing site seems to be working as far as logging in and seeing accounts. Nothing else to see yet. 

I wasn’t on the wind up. Yesterday lunch time I was able to get on and take the Ifollow option along with a £25 ticket voucher. I provided screen shots at the time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wiggy said:

It looks that way.

For anyone else that's hunted round the swfc.co.uk site and the redundant hyperlinks, you need to log into the new ticket site, which has a page (https://tickets.swfc.co.uk/en-gb/categories/season ticket options) which just shows "No Events" - no introduction, no option details, no iFollow video pricing, etc.

The iFollow subsriptions page (https://www.swfc.co.uk/ifollow/subscribe/#MatchPassAvailability) shows that I have my standard audio feed, so they've haven't just setup all season ticket holders up for the video feed.

They need to get on to this quickly and hope the new ticket site has good bandwidth for 20,000+ people choosing an option in a short time.

8 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I wasn’t on the wind up. Yesterday lunch time I was able to get on and take the Ifollow option along with a £25 ticket voucher. I provided screen shots at the time.

I’m sure you will excuse my scepticism. But the ‘screenshot’ could literally have been typed in anything. Plus nobody else has seen any options and the club haven’t released a statement detailing them on the official site or invited us to pick them. 

I’ll hold my hands up and apologise when proven wrong. But as of now I see more against your proof then for it. 

3 minutes ago, wiggy said:

I’m sure you will excuse my scepticism. But the ‘screenshot’ could literally have been typed in anything. Plus nobody else has seen any options and the club haven’t released a statement detailing them on the official site or invited us to pick them. 

I’ll hold my hands up and apologise when proven wrong. But as of now I see more against your proof then for it. 

Why would I even make it up? What possible reason could I have for doing that.

I was able to take the Ifollow option and thought I’d come on here and let others know do that they could go and and take whatever option they wanted to.

I look forward to your apology.

CBBAB93E-5519-448B-9A93-EA2DA11495D5.jpeg

61A627E2-9083-4F64-8673-438D3CE29B98.jpeg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Why would I even make it up? What possible reason could I have for doing that.

I was able to take the Ifollow option and thought I’d come on here and let others know do that they could go and and take whatever option they wanted to.

I look forward to your apology.

CBBAB93E-5519-448B-9A93-EA2DA11495D5.jpeg

61A627E2-9083-4F64-8673-438D3CE29B98.jpeg

People make a lot of stuff up on the internet mate. Nothing against you personally, but my stance is I’ll believe it when it’s officially released and I’ll happily hold my hands up if I am wrong. 

• Haha 1