Breaking: New Pelupessy deal confirmed.

Just now, 0114 said:

So much for Garry Monks “this club needs change” then ey. 

Can tell Joey is a good lad, always a tryer. But all in all he’s just not good enough for this level. 

Really disappointed.

I wonder if we’ll see a similar approach with some of the strikers Obviously players like Fletcher and Forestieri will be sought after, so won’t compromise on wages, but Winnall and Nuhiu might

2 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I’d sooner Hunt take his place on the bench.

So do I personally or even Hunt in the 1st team.

But we can't fill the bench and team with kids.. not in this day and age.

Its only a 1yr extension..  we'll be edging our bets for which league were gunna end up in.

He's fit and rarely injured.

Edited by Doctor Duran

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

I wonder if we’ll see a similar approach with some of the strikers Obviously players like Fletcher and Forestieri will be sought after, so won’t compromise on wages, but Winnall and Nuhiu might

I really hope not, but going off this business you could be right. 

I genuinely thought we’d seen the end of Pelupessy. Monk has only started him in 8 league games this season, how that earns you a new deal I don’t know. Poor from the club. 

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

I’d genuinely rather have given Semedo a new deal.

Good behind the scenes but also (and more importantly) a much better player than Pelupessey.

If ever there were any question marks over the direction of the club, they have been answered today.

Dont disagree, but maybe keeping Joey is a compromise needed to invest more budget in the forward line, which is in urgent need of recruitment?

Personally, I think that Hunt or another of the youth players in and around the first team could contribute more, but the club clearly thinks hes worth another year, and let's be fair he is a cheap option. He'd have been on my release list though along with many others. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 0114 said:

So much for Garry Monks “this club needs change” then ey. 

Can tell Joey is a good lad, always a tryer. But all in all he’s just not good enough for this level. 

Really disappointed.

I think that refers to the culture, mentality and attitude of the players rather than their actual abilities. 

His attitude is spot on, he's just not a particularly good footballer.

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

If that's the case I'm really going to have a face on, the club needs to let go of these players. 

Cant keep paying players for doing fizz all, does the fact that nobody else want them not tell the club anything?

Just now, Jim said:

It sort of puts into perspective Monk’s quote of being around and knowing what makes a successful dressing room 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I genuinely believe we are planning for League One 

That's how it looks/feels

We also don't know what money Monk has at his disposal (if any)

We also don't know if we're under embargo or not to bring new players in

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop