Breaking: New Pelupessy deal confirmed.

13 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

There’s people sat in the stand that would more than fulfill that profile, doesn’t mean we should start offering them contracts.

The day you stop signing footballers for footballing reasons is the day you start sliding down the league. 

I hope you don't mean the South Stand.lol

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, 0114 said:

I really hope not, but going off this business you could be right. 

I genuinely thought we’d seen the end of Pelupessy. Monk has only started him in 8 league games this season, how that earns you a new deal I don’t know. Poor from the club. 

Meanwhile, somebody will be getting Sam Hutchinson on a free transfer.

• Like 4

Just now, Dunkstar said:

I think that refers to the culture, mentality and attitude of the players rather than their actual abilities. 

His attitude is spot on, he's just not a particularly good footballer.

Monk directly said after the Wigan defeat that...

“I have seen enough in the past month to tell me a lot. There are some players who shouldn’t be here at this club. That’s the honest truth.”

Pelupessy was abysmal in that match. Hence why Monk has started him 8 times this season. I said he’s a good lad, doesn’t mean we should be keeping someone whose literally only being played when we have no other options. Poor from the club. 

• Like 2

So, the rumors of our impending relegation to the Dutch second tier appear to be accurate.......I guess this was inevitable given our specific circumstance and the added unknowns from Covid-19. Depressing none the less. 

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think its fair to say after reading this thread that resigning Pelupessy has gone down like a lead balloon with supporters.

There's not even a balloon, just a great big feck off lump of lead.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I genuinely believe we are planning for League One 

That's how it looks/feels

We also don't know what money Monk has at his disposal (if any)

We also don't know if we're under embargo or not to bring new players in

Verily 

Again, I read that as more about attitude and mentality  rather than ability. I agree entirely  hes nowhere near the level we need to compete in the Championship ability wise, as others have said, this certainly  suggests we can expect an overall lower standard of player ability wise for the next year or two of which is quite a disturbing thought given what we've witnessed over the last couple.

This is however, the logical conclusion of gambling to reach the EPL and losing.