Wednesday player you hated for whatever reason

Peter Atherton although the hatred is probably from the fact we went from signing quality players like waddle ,walker etc to a decent trier like Atherton within about 18 months . I really couldn’t stand him though.

Edited by Avon barksdale

2 hours ago, 1/10/1983 said:

Patrick Blondeau.

Does Chris Fairclough count?

Not hate, but I was bewildered by the love for Jermaine Johnson.

Fairclough? For us?! 

JJ was super fun, brilliant or dogmeat.... spin the wheel!!!

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, unkastav said:

Fairclough? For us?! 

JJ was super fun, brilliant or dogmeat.... spin the wheel!!!

Fairclough was pictured in (or holding) a Wednesday Shirt in the South Stand before f u c k I n g off to Leeds.

Leon Knight was and still is a grade A tw@t. Also I really disliked Lee Briscoe for some reason. Few members of the current squad I really don’t like, not because they are bad people more the fact they are crap. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, scilly owl said:

I’m going to use irritate rather than hate.

Its Abdi for me. Paid a fortune and didn’t seem to make any effort to get fit.

This^ 

No one has or probably will go further in the pursuit of stealing a wage, oxygen and converting food into shyte than this critter. Absolute maggot.

Up there are FJ9 and Leon Clarke. Single-handedly missed so many sitters in the match against palarse; relegated us through lack of fooks in a critical match. Clarke then breaking his foot topped his performance off! Two individuals who, had they had a reasonable game would have kept us up.

6 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Was sat at front of Kop for a game v Palace in about 98 and saw Wayne Collins totally nesh a challenge he was favourite for in the corner. Could even see it in his eyes as he backed off.

Was done for me from then on.

Adam Reach does that every other game!

You must have a long list if you are basing hatred on that criteria! :bullen:

Abdi , a waste of space and the post boy for poor recruitment during the chansiri era. 

honourable mention to Jeremy Helen , although our fans are more to blame for that . The worship he got on this forum and the excitement when he got on the ball (inevitably to run out of play unchallenged) made me dislike him more , despite the fact it wasn’t his fault he was useless  

7 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Adam Reach does that every other game!

You must have a long list if you are basing hatred on that criteria! :bullen:

Just stood out for me. Even 20 plus years on.

To be fair, Collins was meant to be a midfielder, with, as far as I can recall, the remote to win the ball and give it someone with ability. 
At least Reach has the excuse of being a wide, creative player. 

Gilles De Bilde

For someone that cannot be bothered to play football, then throw a paddy about going to the premier league because of his dogs. I wish Paul Jewell smashed theTw@

The only player i have hated big time. I couldn't stand Leon Knight and Jay Bothroyd but their saving grace was they were loans. De Bilde was a permanent

22 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

See this is where I have an issue.

If a player isn't playing well enough to be in the side then it's the manager's job to take him out of the starting lineup/team.

If you have a player who gives you 100% (and Pelupessy does) but isn't quite up to scratch then it's simply not his fault that he's on the pitch busting a gut for our football club and coming up short.

That total responsibility comes to the manager for repeatedly selecting the player

I could never hate a player who gives his all for our football club. No chance. Any player who tries his hardest for us deserves nothing but total support, and if he isn't quite ready for the first team then questions need to be asked not of the player, but of the person selecting him.

Hate Pelupessy? Nahhh....     I'll save that kind of criticism for the likes of Jay Bothroyd or Gilles De Bilde 

Correct which is why I have been on the monk out band wagon for a long while.

On 06/04/2020 at 19:34, Thurcroft owl 72 said:

Sibon. Loads of talent but the lower we went the worse he got

That’s just not true though. He was generally poor in the Premier league for us ( mind you most were in that season) when we were in the championship, he was the player that stood head and shoulders above anyone in that team when we were poor for the time he was at the club. If we hadn’t of sold him in the January, I believe we may have stayed up that season.

• Thanks 1

Hate is a strong word, I don't think I've ever hated a Wednesday player. Ones who I've been frustrated with or ones I was pleased when they left are.

Michael Morrsion

Mark Reynolds

Lewis McGugan

Lewis Buxton (tin had on)

Jay Bothroyd (At the time I tended to back him more than most but he was terrible and didn't seem to give a to55 that he was terrible, that interview he did after his loan ended, just no need)

Francis Jeffers (I didn't get the hype when we signed him to be honest)