Wednesday player you hated for whatever reason

3 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Joey Pelupessy...awful awful player!! Should be nowhere near the training ground let alone the match day squad. 

See this is where I have an issue.

If a player isn't playing well enough to be in the side then it's the manager's job to take him out of the starting lineup/team.

If you have a player who gives you 100% (and Pelupessy does) but isn't quite up to scratch then it's simply not his fault that he's on the pitch busting a gut for our football club and coming up short.

That total responsibility comes to the manager for repeatedly selecting the player

I could never hate a player who gives his all for our football club. No chance. Any player who tries his hardest for us deserves nothing but total support, and if he isn't quite ready for the first team then questions need to be asked not of the player, but of the person selecting him.

Hate Pelupessy? Nahhh....     I'll save that kind of criticism for the likes of Jay Bothroyd or Gilles De Bilde 

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

If a player isn't playing well enough to be in the side then it's the manager's job to take him out of the starting lineup/team.

If you have a player who gives you 100% (and Pelupessy does) but isn't quite up to scratch then it's simply not his fault that he's on the pitch busting a gut for our football club and coming up short.

That total responsibility comes to the manager for repeatedly selecting the player

I could never hate a player who gives his all for our football club. No chance. Any player who tries his hardest for us deserves nothing but total support, and if he isn't quite ready for the first team then questions need to be asked not of the player, but of the person selecting him.

Hate Pelupessy? Nahhh....     I'll save that kind of criticism for the likes of Jay Bothroyd or Gilles De Bilde 

Word for word my friend

59 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Brilliant post.

And it's Bothroyd.

• Haha 1

‘Hate’ wouldn't be the right word, but if ever there was a player that epitomized my frustration with the the club during a particular era, that would've been Paul McLaren.

He wasn't untalented and had a manner about him on the pitch that had you thinking he might actually be able to play a bit, but the number of games that just passed him by despite him being deemed good enough to be practically a guaranteed starter was truly astonishing. Potter and JOC were bad, but McLaren was a whole other level.

Di Canio

You could argue that the club dealt with him badly and of course shouldn't have flogged what was then our record signing to West Ham for a pittance, but what he did marked the beginning of our downfall and I will never forgive him for that.

As an aside, apart from the occasional publicity stunt (i.e. catching the ball when Paul Gerrard was injured) and dear old 'Arry bigging him up, he comes across as a fairly loathsome human being what with his Nazi connections etc.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

What does he try at? His positioning is poor, his ability to read a game is poor, Tackling is poor and his passing is poor.

For those comparing him to JOC... they aren’t even in the same league. JOC was very limited but he at least got a tackle in and was able to contribute. Pelupessy is non existent sadly. 

5 minutes ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

I'd argue that he tries at all those, maybe not very successfully but he does try.

Bothroyd however...........

Still a player I hate to see in a Wednesday shirt. I’ve got a season ticket and I’ve often stayed in the put off JP and w couple of others have started!! 

28 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

What does he try at? His positioning is poor, his ability to read a game is poor, Tackling is poor and his passing is poor.

For those comparing him to JOC... they aren’t even in the same league. JOC was very limited but he at least got a tackle in and was able to contribute. Pelupessy is non existent sadly. 

Trying isn't the same as ability mate.

Positioning - might be poor but he tries
Ability to read a game - might be poor but he tries
Tackling - might be poor but he tries
Passing - might be poor but he tries

Trying is not the same as ability

Owlstalk Shop

46 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Trying isn't the same as ability mate.

Positioning - might be poor but he tries
Ability to read a game - might be poor but he tries
Tackling - might be poor but he tries
Passing - might be poor but he tries

Trying is not the same as ability

The opening question was which player do you hate, not which player do you hate but can be excused because he tries...mine is simple it’s pelupessy and the answer is because he is rubbish!!! 

I don’t hate him as a person as I don’t know but him but I hate him pulling on a Wednesday. 

3 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

The opening question was which player do you hate, not which player do you hate but can be excused because he tries...mine is simple it’s pelupessy and the answer is because he is rubbish!!! 

I don’t hate him as a person as I don’t know but him but I hate him pulling on a Wednesday. 

Fair enough - that's your opinion and that's fine

I disagree that he should be hated because he struggles.

I think that needs to be laid at the door of whoever keeps picking him

Owlstalk Shop

Ashley Westwood, a total car crash of a defender, and for me the face of us being relegated from the top flight into the Football League. Not necessarily his fault but him being in the team really summed it up for me.

Bothroyd definitely one. There are a lot to be fair to pick from and not necessarily hated. Just didnt want them here for various reasons.

Owen Morrison - just a waste of talent

Same can be said for, McGugan another 

I can kind of tolerate bad players who give their all, its the talented players who cant be arsed and bad attitude i cant stand.